Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - The Beyond - The Archive Discussion (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/2839-arrow-video-beyond-archive-discussion.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th May 2010 08:17 PM

Exactly mate.:nod:

the blob 13th May 2010 11:52 PM

I am completely in for a BD of The Beyond! It's actually one of the titles that forced me to get a region free DVD player many many years ago.

Making it region free would be the one though and, may I suggest if it is any way a possibility, how about subtitles for all the major markets? Italian, German, French, Spanish etc. I imagine getting the rights to foreign language tracks would be too expensive and may hit a brick wall anyway but subtitles would be a great option. I think whoever puts out a quality BD of The Beyond first potentially corners the market for a while. Also, with the exchange rate more favourable for importing (can't see that really changing much for a while), I'm already seeing people on another forum going to import COTLD because it' has more extras and is cheaper than the BU release. I'll probably be doing the same myself!

Honestly, if it was up for pre-order now and not out for 6 months I'd put an order in straight away. I trust Arrow to do a good job on it. :)

Zombie Dude 14th May 2010 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man (Post 79155)
Imagine that opening sequence and the end sequence in glorious hi-def!:jaw:

*Drools* :pray:

m_burlock 14th May 2010 07:20 PM

I'd buy a BD of The Beyond from Arrow IN A HEART-BEAT if it was Region-free, uncut, and had an all new HD/digital transfer and or was from original film elements. I've got all the DVD versions I want. It DEMANDS the BD treatment and or that Arrow could give it. The BD would look SO much better than a BD player upscaled DVD! PLEASE Arrow a BD PLEASE!!

vincenzo 14th May 2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_burlock (Post 79446)
I'd buy a BD of The Beyond from Arrow IN A HEART-BEAT if it was Region-free, uncut, and had an all new HD/digital transfer and or was from original film elements.

The old cinema/video cuts (which were pretty heavy) were waived in 2001.

Splatterdragon73 15th May 2010 12:08 PM

There's no doubt i'm having Arrow's TB DVD when it eventually appears and we all know it'll naturally put all previous U.K. editions to shame. Condeming 'em all to an eternity in the 'sea of darkness'!

If a BR release was to be pondered upon then add my name to that list as any vintage Fulci horror on the HD format gets my vote.:thumb:

Until then can't wait to see what the DVD version will bring.:)

P-Mac 15th May 2010 12:12 PM

The Trilogy will be complete come October/November :rockon:! If the extras fro City of the Living Dead are anything to go by, then The Beyond will be jam-packed!

Splatterdragon73 15th May 2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-Mac (Post 79581)
If the extras for City of the Living Dead are anything to go by, then The Beyond will be jam-packed!

I hope so.

Otherwise i reckon we should send Schweik and the boys from the beyond over to Arrow HQ to indulge in a bit of chain whippin', eye gougin' and acid face meltin'!;)

springjack 16th May 2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

I'm over the moon that Arrow chose my favourite movie of all time City Of The Living Dead as their first BR disc, but you can count me in for a BR of The Beyond too.
What are you saying???

This will be their 3rd or 4th Blu-Ray...

kingofwitches666 17th May 2010 05:59 AM

My favourite Fulci flick? With an Arrow Video BD makeover? :decision:

Bit of no brainer really. Sign me up for one!!! :thumb: