Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Mario Bava's Bay of Blood - Archive Conversation (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/3288-arrow-video-mario-bavas-bay-blood-archive-conversation.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st October 2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu (Post 105604)
I can see the cover now: Bay of Blood: The Frigging Fantastic Edition!

See.Now you're thinking.:nod:
MARIO BAVA'S
A BAY OF BLOOD
THE FFE EDITION!

How cool's that? :lol:

Phantom 1st October 2010 11:44 PM

Looks like another jam-packed BD from Arrow. I can't wait any longer... preordered!

Kenro199x 2nd October 2010 01:47 AM

Going back and reading this whole thread I really dig number 2. I never really liked the eye in the sky that's been used as the cover in the past. While number 2 isn't as busy by comparison to the other ones I still dig it.

Splatterdragon73 2nd October 2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 105541)
Good selection of extras there, is a trailer included as well?

I'm thinking the same thing.

However, if the relevant extra is absent it's only a minor gripe on my part and i'm still having BOB as my HMV pre-order has been in for a good while.:)

bdc 2nd October 2010 12:50 PM

Including a trailer shouldn't be a problem (I think). ;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd October 2010 12:51 PM

I know just about every release has one, but is a trailer really essential? After all, it really is only a truncated version of the film you've seen!

Splatterdragon73 2nd October 2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu (Post 106078)
is a trailer really essential? After all, it really is only a truncated version of the film you've seen!

I just tend to be something of a completist when it comes to film trailers.

Such existent material (along with any relevant radio and/or TV spots) should come as standard on any DVD and/or BR release of a particular title imo.

To me, an SD or HD edition doesn't feel quite 'complete' without the above elements included. But it's merely a lesser criticism by yours truly and nothing too off-putting.

Sorry to go off topic and i keep meaning to start a thread on this subject sooner or later.:)

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd October 2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 106080)
I just tend to be something of a completist when it comes to film trailers.

Such existent material (along with any relevant radio and/or TV spots) should come as standard on any DVD and/or BR release of a particular title imo.

To me, an SD or HD edition doesn't feel quite 'complete' without the above elements included. But it's merely a lesser criticism by yours truly and nothing too off-putting.

I'm like that myself, hated UK Warner dvds not having the trailer when the US disc had them. :eek:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd October 2010 03:22 PM

I suppose I'm just sick of seeing modern trailers which are basically the entire film but in about two minutes. You do get some interesting ones like Point Break which includes a scene that isn't in the finished film and ones like that really worth including.

springjack 3rd October 2010 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu (Post 106078)
I know just about every release has one, but is a trailer really essential? After all, it really is only a truncated version of the film you've seen!

Trailers for old movies are always classics...