LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th October 2011, 06:32 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Jealous

I need to collect all the Arrow Video releases but I haven't had any money so I'm missing/will be missing every release from Tenebrae onwards (until after my holiday that is when I'll be having a full on Arrow spending spree)
Ah, who needs holidays when you have Arrow Video releases, ant?!
Old 29th October 2011, 06:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Ah, who needs holidays when you have Arrow Video releases, ant?!
That comment will now be broadcast across the internet as proof of the fanboyism on CL

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 29th October 2011, 06:41 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
That comment will now be broadcast across the internet as proof of the fanboyism on CL
Just because I have 600 copies of every Arrow Video release so far, sleep in a bed made of Arrow BDs, and grind Arrow covers up daily and sprinkle them on my food, does not mean I'm an Arrow fanboy.
Pete and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 29th October 2011, 06:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Just because I have 600 copies of every Arrow Video release so far, sleep in a bed made of Arrow BDs, and grind Arrow covers up daily and sprinkle them on my food, does not mean I'm an Arrow fanboy.
You forgot to mention that you used Arrow posters instead of wallpaper to decorate your living room.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 29th October 2011, 06:46 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
You forgot to mention that you used Arrow posters instead of wallpaper to decorate your living room.

Not just the living room!
Pete and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 29th October 2011, 06:51 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

It's sad I know, but I'm major OCD when it comes to Blu-rays. I either keep on buying them so they all look great together on the shelf or I sell all that I've got so far (which I've been contemplating cos I need money but Kelly has slapped sense in to me and told me to keep them all)

Although I wouldn't sell Dawn of the Dead cos it's signed by Tom Savini

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 29th October 2011, 07:12 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I do like to have the best editions of a film, but I'll only ever buy films that I like (especially in regards Blu-ray). If I do blind buy something I dislike, I'll always trade or sell it on. Having a 'set' is something that has never bothered me.

I'd also recommend keeping hold of your collection if at all possible, ant; yes at the end of the day they're only material possessions, but regret can be a bitch.

Also ant, you must be one of a very few number of us on here, whose girlfriend is actually stopping you from, and not encouraging you to get rid of your films!
Old 29th October 2011, 07:21 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Also ant, you must be one of a very few number of us on here, whose girlfriend is actually stopping you from, and not encouraging you to get rid of your films!
I know, I couldn't believe it when she got angry by me even suggesting it. I think it's cos she knows how much I love collecting stuff and feels guilty because the reason I'd sell them is to get money to help her out with problems we've been having with the flat and things over the last few years.

I've decided to trawl through my DVD/BD collection and sell on anything I know I won't watch again and just keep the collections going for now.

Keep an eye out for a sale thread soon, once I've finished going through them, as there may be some bits people at Cult Labs may want... maybe.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 30th October 2011, 08:14 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
It's sad I know, but I'm major OCD when it comes to Blu-rays. I either keep on buying them so they all look great together on the shelf or I sell all that I've got so far (which I've been contemplating cos I need money but Kelly has slapped sense in to me and told me to keep them all)

Although I wouldn't sell Dawn of the Dead cos it's signed by Tom Savini
How much?

Greetings!
Hawkmonger likes this.
Old 30th October 2011, 09:42 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
There's always a spelling or grammar mistake on an Arrow release.
Yeah and i expect such errors more or less with every Arrow release now. My own fave spelling shortcoming was a certain Italian gore guru referred to as 'Lucio Fulgi'!

Quote:
I do like to have the best editions of a film, but I'll only ever buy films that I like (especially in regards Blu-ray). If I do blind buy something I dislike, I'll always trade or sell it on. I'd also recommend keeping hold of your collection if at all possible. Yes, at the end of the day they're only material possessions, but regret can be a bitch.
I'm pretty much of the same mindset but i tend to give away impulse buys i don't enjoy. Bar the odd book or CD, my DVD and BR collection is by far the major material interest in my life and it's where most of my money goes.

The other day yours truly received Synapse's MC BR in the post and whereas i do like the cover there was also bewilderment as to the absence of the audio commentary present on the earlier and later DVD editions.

Arrow's release was waiting for me yesterday and another pleasing purchase sure to delight many a fan of Matt Cordell's murderous mayhem. Great stuff!

Like this? Share it using the links below!