Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th January 2012, 06:59 PM
Ex-Member

I buy them for the films. They do look nice. Inferno, COTLD etc on my shelf. But I wouldn't pay for a film I dislike (silent night deadly night or deadly outlaw rekkas). I only buy what is good. The packaging is awesome though.

I still hope demons gets some fancy treatment.
Old 24th January 2012, 07:10 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I'm not sure I understand the reaction to this - the 4 panel artwork editions will still be released first so there's every chance to pick them up. Since the release of Arrowdrome Arrow still release dvd-only Arrow Video releases (The Deadly Spawn, Deadly Blessing) so there's no reason to assume they'll stop releaseing the 4-panel editions
Old 24th January 2012, 07:13 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I'm not sure I understanf the reaction to this - the 4 panel artwork editions will still be released first so there's every chance to pick them up. Since the release of Arrowdrome Arrow still release dvd-only Arrow Video releases (The Deadly Spawn, Deadly Blessing) so there's no reason to assume they'll stop releaseing the 4-panel editions
The traditional releases will be limited from now on. So you have to buy them when they're released, or you risk being stuck with the vanilla edition later on. That's the whole problem.

Greetings!
Old 24th January 2012, 07:15 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand the reaction to this - the 4 panel artwork editions will still be released first so there's every chance to pick them up. Since the release of Arrowdrome Arrow still release dvd-only Arrow Video releases (The Deadly Spawn, Deadly Blessing) so there's no reason to assume they'll stop releaseing the 4-panel editions
The existing releases will be replaced by the Unlimited Editions once they have sold out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
These Unlimited Editions will be released after the initial print run of the Edition collector’s know and love, which will now attain Limited Edition status as stocks become capped.

Future Unlimited Editions will be scheduled to appear shortly before Limited Editions sell out so there is not a gap in availability of any release.
I don't mind the Unlimited Editions co-existing alongside the originals, but I hate the idea that they'll be replacing them.
Prince_Vajda and fuzzymctiger like this.
Old 24th January 2012, 07:16 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
The traditional releases will be limited from now on. So you have to buy them when they're released, or you risk being stuck with the vanilla edition later on. That's the whole problem.

Greetings!

I wonder how limited?
Old 24th January 2012, 07:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Please Arrow, use a new piece of artwork for these releases (like the Arrowdrome collection).

I want to see the sparks fly on here.
Old 24th January 2012, 07:20 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
I wonder how limited?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
The existing releases will be replaced by the Unlimited Editions once they have sold out:

I don't mind the Unlimited Editions co-existing alongside the originals, but I hate the idea that they'll be replacing them.
Greetings!
Old 24th January 2012, 07:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Arrowdrome covers are much better than the Arrow Vid ones.
dream demon likes this.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 24th January 2012, 07:22 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Please Arrow, use a new piece of artwork for these releases (like the Arrowdrome collection).

I want to see the sparks fly on here.
That's exactly what they're doing...

Look here for a (very small) pic of Caligula's new release:

Arrow Films & Video | Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
The Arrowdrome covers are much better than the Arrow Vid ones.
Tastes differ.

Greetings!
Old 24th January 2012, 07:46 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post

Greetings!
I wouldn't call 2 paneled artwork and all the same extras vanilla!

Even with 2 panels instead of four and losing some of the internal paper goodies, you're still getting a premium package: how many other companies can even compete with that?

Take a look at what you get from most other distributors: the film and some flimsy photo-shopped art put together in ten minutes by some bored graphic design graduate.

I think it's a slight case of people (and don't think I'm targeting this at you, Prince! ) taking what they've been accustomed to for granted.

I am sad to see the four paneled slip-covered editions take on a limited life, but Arrow have to make money, and I'm betting the added costs for windowed slipcovers, quad art sleeves, posters, lobbycards, booklets etc. don't leave them with a lot of selling margin to play with and therefore invest in new films, extras, better quality control etc.
Pete, Gojirosan and Hawkmonger like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!