Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2137Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Aah, I wondered how long the inevitable huge Arrow backlash on here would take.
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:03 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
Aah, I wondered how long the inevitable huge Arrow backlash on here would take.
I would be just as vocal if Arrow were still here. Just as I've always been. Although, I have been told to stop ranting all over the internet about it!
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It's not just you dude (and not just here either, to be fair!). Unless it was pointed out, most people wouldn't know, and there's people that have praised the shit out of it, watched it multiple times etc, that are now getting wild about this missing shot (having never seen it before it was pointed out).

And people saying they'll buy the DVD release instead is just crackers. A couple of seconds of a boat you say? Well, sack off that critically acclaimed full HD image and audio, I'll go SD!

People praised the Shameless NYR for it's picture quality, and that's missing a whole lot more than half a transition shot.
Pete and fuzzymctiger like this.
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Ugh is this boat bollocks saga still going on ?

So it's a glitch caused by that seamless branching thing. I get it. Must be damn frustrating for the folks who spent so long putting the whole package together. Ah well, put it down to experience. I've never trusted that branching technology myself . . .
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:19 PM
Active Cultist

I don't think their is a backlash, I think most people on this forum will still buy the output from Arrow that interests them. Stephen has his personal reasons, if he takes the consumer choice not to, that's entirely cool.

I posted my thoughts a few pages back, I totally understand people's grievances over the six seconds, even thought I'm not too bothered myself.

What I find really shocking and more important is the amount of problems people have had with regards to very large orders from Arrow directly. People have spent over £100 on blue-rays and haven't got them etc? That's really awful.

I've always really liked Arrows output, and will continue to buy the releases that interest me (looking forward to the upcoming Django Arrowdrome release). That said, I have only ever bought them from Play or Amazon. I certainly won't take a chance ordering from the directly, considering what I've read here.
scribbler, Rik and Baseball Fury like this.
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Oh yeah, their customer service is diabolical, no arguments from me there! Waiting for people to get in touch before sending stuff out, sending things to the wrong addresses, joke. They need to have a word with Eureka and find out how to run a direct shop.
scribbler and sawyer6 like this.
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:29 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:

And people saying they'll buy the DVD release instead is just crackers. A couple of seconds of a boat you say? Well, sack off that critically acclaimed full HD image and audio, I'll go SD!
I don't think that's the point. The point is people bought the HD version on pre-order not knowing about the missing six seconds. They didn't have the choice.

People may have liked the choice between a slightly cheaper, FULL version of the film on a good DVD with a nice transfer as opposed to a HD version that they feel is slightly incomplete. I know this will make me unpopular around here -- but a movie being in HD isn't always the main selling point for people. The content of the actual movie is. And you better be ready for some stick if the release hasn't got all the content available, no matter how 'unimportant' the footage may be to the majority of us (me included).

I guess the lesson is -- wait a few weeks for the reviews. Then wait for the stuff that the reviews initially missed!
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I'll still continue to buy the titles that interest me, but I am reluctant to order direct from them again, which is a pain in the arse because I want the 2 Bava Le's to match my others
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:31 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Oh yeah, their customer service is diabolical, no arguments from me there! Waiting for people to get in touch before sending stuff out, sending things to the wrong addresses, joke. They need to have a word with Eureka and find out how to run a direct shop.
Agreed. Eureka are a great label and it's good to hear they have a good shop. I get most things of amazon, but I will give their direct shop a looksy now you've said that.
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:32 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I'll still continue to buy the titles that interest me, but I am reluctant to order direct from them again, which is a pain in the arse because I want the 2 Bava Le's to match my others
I'm in financial **** up at the moment so any saved money is good. I've ditched my pre-orderes of the LE and gone for the snazzy duel formats at HMV.

Like this? Share it using the links below!