Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Books, Magazines & Comics (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   What Books Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/books-magazines-comics/10253-what-books-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th June 2022 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 671983)
The Conjuring wasn't that bad, saying that I have watched The Nun more often than The Conjuring :behindsofa:

The Conjuring and Insidious and generic crap like that have killed off horror in the mainstream at the moment.

I'm hoping the likes of Ti West's X will usher in some proper horror again.

MrBarlow 17th June 2022 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 671989)
The Conjuring and Insidious and generic crap like that have killed off horror in the mainstream at the moment.

I'm hoping the likes of Ti West's X will usher in some proper horror again.

Ti West is branching out some good movies, and T.V. shows, X does look interesting

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th June 2022 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 671992)
Ti West is branching out some good movies, and T.V. shows, X does look interesting

It's out on Monday. I can see me buying it. Especially if i come across it in a supermarket.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th July 2022 03:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Surprised and delighted to find this in Poundland today.

The memoirs of former Skid Row singer Sebastian Bach. :rockon:

Justin101 15th July 2022 04:07 PM

I've read that, it's good, bargain!

trebor8273 22nd July 2022 12:41 PM

Bought a tonne of books of late and that's why not been seen of late (will post what I got later)

Anyone read the dark tower series , the first book has to be the the worst king book I've every read it's so boring and strangely writing do the books get any better than this?

Justin101 22nd July 2022 01:48 PM

I've read the first book twice because I keep meaning to start the series and then never get around to it. I quite like it!

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd July 2022 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 673669)
I've read the first book twice because I keep meaning to start the series and then never get around to it. I quite like it!

I have them all but yet to read any other than the first one years and years ago. To be honest after seeing the film i doubt i ever will.

J Harker 22nd July 2022 03:13 PM

I enjoy the film but it bears no resemblance whatsoever to the books. Its ok taken as its own thing a bit like Tom Cruise's Reacher films i found. The books are a mixed bag. Vol 2 and 3 are the best. Drawing of the Three and The Wastelands, can't remember which way around they are anymore. Past that I was hooked even though they go downhill and drag a lot and become rather self indulgent, falling prey to Kings usual 'never use one word when you can use twenty' method of writing.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

trebor8273 22nd July 2022 06:58 PM

15 Attachment(s)
Bought these in the last few weeks.