Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > The Bronx Warriors Trilogy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th January 2010, 08:53 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Glasgow sales patter.
You gotta give 'em 10 out of 10 for trying.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 17th January 2010, 09:31 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
I can live with the scratches......just!
I must admit when i picked up my own two tins i had a good look at both of 'em for any unsightly marks of any kind before parting with my hard earned cash.

Even the slightest blemish would've left me gutted!

I also moved the items around for any sign of any loose discs inside the cases. That's another major DVD peeve of mine!

It may seem a tad anal i know but that's more or less me all over!
Old 17th January 2010, 12:17 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Ok guys we have some information - finally! This tin malarkey has been a right nightmare with the original plates getting broken and then a hunt to find a new factory that could make them and so on. It looks as if we might be able to expect stock appearing towards the end of Feb - yup seems like a million years away but these tins aren't finished yet and then have to set off on their long journey from Serbia

As soon as more info is forthcoming it'll get posted on here - if anyone from other forums, sites etc also wants to get that news as it happens do just get in touch with me.
Old 21st January 2010, 01:57 PM
Cultist

Default HMV has permanently cancelled online orders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Ok guys we have some information - finally! This tin malarkey has been a right nightmare with the original plates getting broken and then a hunt to find a new factory that could make them and so on. It looks as if we might be able to expect stock appearing towards the end of Feb - yup seems like a million years away but these tins aren't finished yet and then have to set off on their long journey from Serbia

As soon as more info is forthcoming it'll get posted on here - if anyone from other forums, sites etc also wants to get that news as it happens do just get in touch with me.
Hi Almar,

I just got an email from HMV that "We have been informed by the suppliers that this item has been discontinued from their catalogue, as the manufacturer is now (sic) longer producing the item." (spelling error is theirs)

Living in the USA, should I wait until the end of February ? Are you really, really for sure getting new stock ? Or is it best just to ask a UK friend to send me one ?

Whatever you do with your next special release, please let Amazon in on it up front !!! Pleeeeaaasseeee !!!!!
Old 21st January 2010, 02:16 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Surely to God!
The HMV there is huge!
I went to the HMV in the Trafford Centre... Nill copies!! Grrr
Old 21st January 2010, 02:31 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by docvoltage View Post
Hi Almar,

I just got an email from HMV that "We have been informed by the suppliers that this item has been discontinued from their catalogue, as the manufacturer is now (sic) longer producing the item." (spelling error is theirs)

Living in the USA, should I wait until the end of February ? Are you really, really for sure getting new stock ? Or is it best just to ask a UK friend to send me one ?

Whatever you do with your next special release, please let Amazon in on it up front !!! Pleeeeaaasseeee !!!!!
Yup am getting e-mails thick and fast about this - another unbelievable chapter in a totally sucky story! I've fed this back to the sales agents - this must be an automatic thing from HMV as stock is being made and will be delivered.

Many apologies from Shameless for this 'shameful' long sorry process but no one knew the demand would be this great, then that the machine that made the tins broke, a new supplier had to be sourced and now this added drama!
Old 21st January 2010, 02:49 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The possible option of buying directly from Shameless is beginning to look more attractive every time. Certainly more reliable.
Old 21st January 2010, 03:38 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
The possible option of buying directly from Shameless is beginning to look more attractive every time. Certainly more reliable.
If you have one sitting on your desk and take PayPal, let's do this now !
Old 21st January 2010, 03:52 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

It's kicked off the debate once again! The thing is we'd never enter into this lightly because we'd want to offer a good service and we'd want to make sure we could deliver that - hence why we've never bitten the bullet.
Old 21st January 2010, 04:02 PM
Ex-member

Sheesh! One thing after another. Hard luck.
I'm sure all our thoughts are good ones though, as it's obvious that 'Shameless' are trying their hardest and going all out to try and satisfy their customers.

And at least they keep you updated over problems. A rare thing today. Just ask 'Bethesda'!

Like this? Share it using the links below!