Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th May 2016, 06:13 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by attackosaur View Post
Totally with you on this one. A video game adaptation is kind of its own thing where normal film rules don't apply. The ones that suck, that really destroy me, are the ones that take themselves far too seriously, such as Silent Hill. The exception, I'd say, is Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, because that was amazing (and possibly very dated now). Probably doesn't count, mind, because it wasn't specifically based on a game, unlike FF7: Advent Children which was (and was terrible).

Bad (but secretly amazing): Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Resident Evil, DOA, Doom and Street Fighter: The Movie.

Bad (but just bad, man): Silent Hill, Super Mario Bros, Double Dragon, Tomb Raider, FF7: Advent Children, Hitman 1 and 2, Resident Evil: Apocalypse.

Good (but, you know, still not amazing): Prince of Persia (had enough fun stuff and star power, including Gemma Arteton in all her glory, to make it worthwhile) and Need for Speed (got some legitimately ace car chases).

There's absolutely nothing interesting in the World of Warcraft trailer for me, which is a shame because Moon and Source Code are the bee's knees.
I thought Need for Speed was a bit of a gem. Prince of Persia is a bit of fun as well.

You're right about Silent Hill. It begins okay then gets worse and worse with every passing scene. I won't watch Silent Hill 2.

I love some of the RE films but one or two are just plain shite. Doom was a film i was pleasantly surprised by.
6566329 likes this.
Old 12th May 2016, 02:59 PM
Cult Rookie

Need for Speed went on a bit, but the action was genuinely cool for the most part and the cheese stayed just the right side of fun. I'd probably be there if they made another one.

Like this? Share it using the links below!