Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1298Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th October 2010, 08:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 look like a lot of fun mate...
Old 7th October 2010, 10:19 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

RE - GT5 Special Collectors Limited Ed .

Not sure if you win the sports car for keeps or just for the day's racing but you get entry to prize draw for chance to win Sports car (Merc i think) plus a days racing in the car at Nurbergring , you also get a collecters grade 1.43 scale Diecast metal replica of a Nissan GTR spec V with unique GT livery designed by Poloyphonydigital , (car replica migth vary per territory as some Euro sites say replica cars a Merc CLK) , made by Kysho , a 300 page strategy guide , car & GT history book, , GT branded etched Key fod, numbered certificate of authentication, , code for 5 unique cars DLC , Special collectors housing for game and contents.

Game....£139.99....Available to Pre Order for November now .

US....$99.99. (without prize draw)

Last edited by vipco; 7th October 2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 7th October 2010, 05:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
RE - GT5 Special Collectors Limited Ed .

Not sure if you win the sports car for keeps or just for the day's racing but you get entry to prize draw for chance to win Sports car (Merc i think) plus a days racing in the car at Nurbergring , you also get a collecters grade 1.43 scale Diecast metal replica of a Nissan GTR spec V with unique GT livery designed by Poloyphonydigital , (car replica migth vary per territory as some Euro sites say replica cars a Merc CLK) , made by Kysho , a 300 page strategy guide , car & GT history book, , GT branded etched Key fod, numbered certificate of authentication, , code for 5 unique cars DLC , Special collectors housing for game and contents.

Game....£139.99....Available to Pre Order for November now .

US....$99.99. (without prize draw)
If I was a hardened Gran Turismo fan, and if I had a PS3, might of been tempted by this set. Not totally convinced that the package is worth £139.99 though. What do you think Vipco? If I loved these games though, who knows? Maybe...

If I won a car right now, I would sell it without hesitation. I could really use that kind of money right now. I would buy some crappy old banger, then use the rest of the money on other stuff. A Holiday for starters!

I want one of those Halo Reach wireless headsets from the Game website, but don't want to spend £35 for one. It's a really small item, considering the price. Not sure it's worth it mate. I do own the Legendary edition of the game though, I couldn't resist that statue of the Noble Team. I'm like a big kid sometimes. I love stuff like this...
Old 7th October 2010, 05:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymishu View Post
The Wii overall is not very impressive as far as games go, and if you think Manhunt 2 was crazy. You should see House of the Dead: Overkill. I believe it holds the record as the most vulgar game ever made.

With every system (good or bad) there's always a handful of great games. Mario Galaxy 2 is truly amazing. As well as the first one. There's very few games that I play on the Wii, but those two are worth it alone. It's kind of like when the first Xbox was released. The game catalog was sad, but Halo: Combat Evolved, was well worth it. Plus the new Donkey Kong Country is coming out here shortly, so the Wii is a decent system to have, and if you're nostalgic you can always go to the marketplace and buy any Nintendo game from the past.
Does the Wii have their own "Wii Live marketplace" then? I liked Mario World on the SNES, and the first 3D Mario on the Cube too.
Old 8th October 2010, 12:22 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I like special editions of games but I dont think the top GT5 set is worth £140.
Theses 3 versions being released, the Standard Ed , (39 - 44 quid) the Special ed, (£50 - £55) and the Collecters Sp Ed. (140 quid).
I ordered the special ed, version but I havent a clue whats in it as the guy had no info when I put my pre order in about August . (not even a firm release date) I recon it'll be DLC , as I pre ordered NFS at the same time and opted for the Sp Ed and it had DLC .

Yeah, the Wii has a store you can buy all the previous consoles Ninty games from , also Sega and SNK back catalouge.

I saw that Reach edition with the figure, cool thing to have mate. I recon if I still had a 360 thats the one i'd have went for, I love figures.
That Reach headset's abit steep at that price mate, but if your a HALO fan I suppose its worth it.
GameStop have the AVP game with replica Facehugger for £10 with any trade in over £12.
Old 8th October 2010, 12:45 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
I like special editions of games but I dont think the top GT5 set is worth £140.
Theses 3 versions being released, the Standard Ed , (39 - 44 quid) the Special ed, (£50 - £55) and the Collecters Sp Ed. (140 quid).
I ordered the special ed, version but I havent a clue whats in it as the guy had no info when I put my pre order in about August . (not even a firm release date) I recon it'll be DLC , as I pre ordered NFS at the same time and opted for the Sp Ed and it had DLC .

Yeah, the Wii has a store you can buy all the previous consoles Ninty games from , also Sega and SNK back catalouge.

I saw that Reach edition with the figure, cool thing to have mate. I recon if I still had a 360 thats the one i'd have went for, I love figures.
That Reach headset's abit steep at that price mate, but if your a HALO fan I suppose its worth it.
GameStop have the AVP game with replica Facehugger for £10 with any trade in over £12.
It's very expensive that GT5 Top Set, would have to see all the contents of it with my own eyes, if I was interested in it. I'd ask the guy's at Game to show me it all. The cars in this game look fantastic, very realistic, going by what I've seen of it anyway. I like the sound of that Wii Marketplace, must be some classics on there worth playing. New Zelda game due out on Wii shortly, theres barely been a bad instalment in that series. Yeah, those movie and game figures by Todd Macfarlane are cool, the attention to detail on them fascinate me. Alway's love a good look around Forbidden Planet. Game are pretty reliable really, aren't they? Haven't been let down by them yet. I don't bother to sell my games anymore, cos you don't get anything for them. May trade one day though. Not sure if I'll bother with the headset, It'a not worth £35. Next game that I will probably go for next, is Fallout: New Vegas. Loved Fallout 3, and this one looks like more of the same. With that Halo model, I had to attach the weapons myself. had to very careful doing it, cos they were pretty delicate things. Nice little prop though, Like I said earlier, I 'm a big kid really mate....
Old 8th October 2010, 01:51 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
Does the Wii have their own "Wii Live marketplace" then? I liked Mario World on the SNES, and the first 3D Mario on the Cube too.
Yes. As far as I know the whole back catalog is available. You can also plug up your Gamecube remotes into the Wii. It's backward compatible for all Gamecube games. Personally, I haven't bought anything off of it yet, but will in the future. You can buy the Wii Points at retail/game stores.
Old 8th October 2010, 12:10 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I got the offical FIA WRC game this morning so im gonna be playing that later today .
You get the WRC class,(current cars final season) S-WRC class (next seasons WRC class cars) P-WRC class and J-WRC class and real life venues and events.
The games VERY sim in style so its alot less accessible that the DIRT games , but thats not a bad thing imo.
There is a Novice mode and WRC Academy to climatise new players to the game's handling though so its suitable to all skill levels .
I had a quick try out and it seems really good and the graphic's have had some extra textures added and been give a polish from the games Demo.
Old 8th October 2010, 07:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
I got the offical FIA WRC game this morning so im gonna be playing that later today .
You get the WRC class,(current cars final season) S-WRC class (next seasons WRC class cars) P-WRC class and J-WRC class and real life venues and events.
The games VERY sim in style so its alot less accessible that the DIRT games , but thats not a bad thing imo.
There is a Novice mode and WRC Academy to climatise new players to the game's handling though so its suitable to all skill levels .
I had a quick try out and it seems really good and the graphic's have had some extra textures added and been give a polish from the games Demo.
Let us know how you find it, once your in the middle of it sometime. I like to get a good idea of what new games are like from other people. Do the WRC games come out every year then?
Completed Halo Reach campaign on Legendary mode earlier. Single player. It wasn't easy. I was so relieved when I made it to the end credits. It was tough going, wasn't sure if I would do it, at a few points. Bloody hard, a good challenge. Intense at points on this mode, you've got to try every tactic that you can think of, to get through it. And you've got to be very patient. There's no, just running in, all guns blazing here. You'll be dead within seconds. Legendary shows no mercy. Unlocked two Legendary achievements for completing the campaign solo. Which is only fair. I'll never complain about campaigns being too short again, thats for sure...

Last edited by Mahoney32; 8th October 2010 at 08:37 PM.
Old 9th October 2010, 01:44 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

This is the first WRC game since PS2 were it was an exclusive as it was made by Evolution Studio's. Milestone / Blackbean (SBK series) are responsible for this multi platform release as Evolution and busy with the next MotorStorm game (PS3).

First impressions are that its a top game.
All countries and stages are open in Single Race Mode , as are the 4 current WRC car classes with just the 1980's Group B series locked.

Gameplay's very similar to Richard Burns Rally (XBox / PS2) , very sim heavy , so if DIRT's your kinda style of Rally game then you'll be disappointed as WRC keeps everything at a realistic level, no high speed sliding round hairpin bends or X Games style events , but I played for a few hours solid and the time flew in I was that engrossed in the game .
No noticeable 'bugs' or faults either , all the camera views are very playable and the handling was very good with a pad , and you can really feel the difference in road surfaces .
The road side graphics fall abit short of what you'd expect from PS3 and 360 at this stage but they're by no means ugly and the car models are superb.
Overall a great Rally sim .

Like this? Share it using the links below!