Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1298Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd October 2010, 09:50 AM
Cultist

At the moment Just Fallout:New Vegas so there goes another 100+ hours of my life
Old 23rd October 2010, 11:26 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

It's a big massive place in Belfast Mahoney. Banardo's Charity shop mate, one of those places that looks about average size from the out side but when you go in its about 3 or 4 times bigger than you expect with massive floor space. like the Tardis . They sell everything from Star Trek novels , Beds , Suites to VHS , dvds BD's etc .

They had this collection of original Star Trek novel's in once, real old ones with cool artwork and in mint condition for £1.50 each. I came back 2 days later and they were all gone.

They seem to get the games in stock in batches as there was loads in stock with 2 or 3 copies of each title for each system. . (PS3 /PS2 /360 / Wii /Handheld) The girl told me to check on Wednesdays as thats when they get any new titles in stock as the better ones sell out quick.

I'll check the 360 titles for you next time im in or if theres anything your after i'll keep an eye out for you.

Oh, your grammar's fine mate. No worries there.

Last edited by vipco; 23rd October 2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 23rd October 2010, 11:35 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatOfTheDead View Post
At the moment Just Fallout:New Vegas so there goes another 100+ hours of my life
Is it suitable for an RPG virgin Matt.?

I've always liked the look of Fallout 3 and New Vegas looks even better , but I only ever played an RPG once before and give up pretty quickly as it was well over my head. (turn based J RPG on 3DO)
Borderlands was another I fancied but was put off by the leveling up eliment as most manuals presume you already know the basics and I know nothing of RPG's .
Old 23rd October 2010, 11:38 AM
Cultist

im not really a massive RPG fan but i loved fallout 3 and elder scrolls etc so i highly reccomend it
Old 23rd October 2010, 11:45 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post

my apologise i meant to say resistance 2 whoops its late and im getting tired
ive played both resistance i like them because im sick off the 2 many war shot em up games where these are war shoot em but with aliens and its a slight change.
I prefer to shoot Aliens or monsters rather than a straight human v human war shooter as well gag.
I love stuff like DOOM and Wolfenstein.

I played R 1 & 2 as well and enjoyed both though I found Resistance 1 to be the more enjoyable of the two .
I think there's a 3D Resistance in the works. I know the next KillZone will be full 3D enabled.
Playing a FPS in full 3D will be awesome experience .
Old 23rd October 2010, 11:52 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
im not really a massive RPG fan but i loved fallout 3 and elder scrolls etc so i highly reccomend it
Cheer's mate, i'll check it out next time im looking for an adventure / shooting style game.
Old 24th October 2010, 04:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
It's a big massive place in Belfast Mahoney. Banardo's Charity shop mate, one of those places that looks about average size from the out side but when you go in its about 3 or 4 times bigger than you expect with massive floor space. like the Tardis . They sell everything from Star Trek novels , Beds , Suites to VHS , dvds BD's etc .

They had this collection of original Star Trek novel's in once, real old ones with cool artwork and in mint condition for £1.50 each. I came back 2 days later and they were all gone.

They seem to get the games in stock in batches as there was loads in stock with 2 or 3 copies of each title for each system. . (PS3 /PS2 /360 / Wii /Handheld) The girl told me to check on Wednesdays as thats when they get any new titles in stock as the better ones sell out quick.

I'll check the 360 titles for you next time im in or if theres anything your after i'll keep an eye out for you.

Oh, your grammar's fine mate. No worries there.
Sounds like my kind of place that. I'd be in there every other day, checking for anything new. I love charity shops. Hey, thanks very much, I'll remember that kind gesture. That's nice of you. That thing you mentioned about those novels, has happened to me loads of times in the past. There one minute, gone the next, etc...

Vipco, who's that in the picture you have there?
Old 24th October 2010, 04:40 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Those two games you mention here, are some of the best games available these day's. My copies of Fallout 3 and Oblivion are due another play through any time soon. I've had hours and hours of play out of these games. Simply brilliant. I highly recommend the two Mass Effect games also. The suicide mission at the end of the second game is spectacular. It feels like your in a movie, and the combat gameplay in this is awesome. Think "Gears of War 2", but even better. I will be getting a copy of Fallout: new Vegas myself very soon. If your a big fan of Post-Apocalyptic movies, then you will be in your element here, with the Fallout games.

Vipco: If you are still interested in DJ Hero, the second game's bundle comes with a copy of the DJ Hero 1 game disc. Which is great, if you didn't buy the first one yet...
Old 24th October 2010, 04:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
I prefer to shoot Aliens or monsters rather than a straight human v human war shooter as well gag.
I love stuff like DOOM and Wolfenstein.

I played R 1 & 2 as well and enjoyed both though I found Resistance 1 to be the more enjoyable of the two .
I think there's a 3D Resistance in the works. I know the next KillZone will be full 3D enabled.
Playing a FPS in full 3D will be awesome experience .
Yeah, I think that I prefer Fantasy/ Horror style Shooter/ War games, to the more reality based ones too. But I do like both types really.
Old 24th October 2010, 04:55 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Is it suitable for an RPG virgin Matt.?

I've always liked the look of Fallout 3 and New Vegas looks even better , but I only ever played an RPG once before and give up pretty quickly as it was well over my head. (turn based J RPG on 3DO)
Borderlands was another I fancied but was put off by the leveling up eliment as most manuals presume you already know the basics and I know nothing of RPG's .
These RPG's mentioned here are not the "Turn-Based" type of RPG, so you're alright there. I haven't played that type of RPG for a long time...

Like this? Share it using the links below!