Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th May 2009, 06:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

JERICHO has its flaws like most games do but it was enjoyable to play.
Even the games press eventually ' got it ' later and upgraded the score to 7-5 / 8.

The storyline is excellent, though due to initial poor press I dont think we'll get to see the rest of the planned trilogy of games , though, ya never know.

Do you know if Vietnam / Zombie FPS Shellshock , Blood Trails is any good.?
Old 21st May 2009, 06:58 AM
Ex-member

You can't sugar coat how poor Jericho is, whilst not the worst next gen game out there (Far Cry Vengeance on the Wii holds that title) it is completely pedestrian in terms of game play; the piss poor AI doesn't help it and neither does the completely linear maps (it might as well be a rail shooter it's that linear.)

£5 is too much for it, plus for a couple of quid more you can get UT III and while that game isn't as ground breaking as the original, it's still a damn good FPS.
Old 21st May 2009, 10:24 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I like my FPS to have boundries, it cuts out the time spent 'roaming' around looking for the next setpiece .

The AI is iffy, but challenging enuff.

UT better than JERICHO, single player ? com on Noss.
UT has no story or ellaborate set pieces, its boring and in single player the Bot AI is a joke.

I'll agree to disagree but I think that if looked at in the way it is ment to be, ie an Old Skool shooter thats story driven, it actually quite enjoyable, and works assuch.

Hows it predestrain.? .
Old 21st May 2009, 10:51 AM
Ex-member

The AI in UT III is vastly superior to the AI in Jericho, in Jericho you're lumbered with a team of suicidal chumps who hinder your progress rather than help. The game play is the same ol' walk/shoot/walk/shoot/walk/shoot/walk/shoot, the game mechanics a ripped off from Star Wars: Republic Commando (although they work so much better in that game as you're not limited to a series of endless boring corridors) and the story is no great shakes.

UT III is an online experience; the single player game is ropey, but online is a whole different matter.

Jericho is on a par with Genji: Days of the Blade, which puts it neck and neck for the worst PS3 game so far IMO.
Old 21st May 2009, 07:15 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Ah! But its fun. plus I am winding you up a little , though you have to admit that when it comes to placing orb's in the right place the UT cpu AI bots are useless. (1 player)

Jericho is an old skool , hardcore , single player only game , and it beats UT's "deep" (hehehe) 1 player story mode easily.

Overall 8.5 / 10.

Last edited by vipco; 3rd July 2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 30th June 2009, 11:38 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

MS are to scrap the mid range 'Premium' 20 gb Hardrive console and replace it with their flagship black 120gb Hardrive ' Elite' Console , which will be price dropped to the to the RRP of the out going 'Premium' console , and plans continue to keep the 'Arcade' model on sale as well .

The Arcade model is seen by MS as a low price entry level to Hi Def gaming / 2nd Console , plus a cheap alternative choice to the Nintendo Wii, as well a inexpensive way to replace old broken models cheaply at under £100. thats outta warranty.
Very sensible IMHO.
The pricedrop is due summer / autum.

Sony ARE to pricedrop the PS3 over the same time period this year , plus reveal a newer slimline ( size & content) model PS3 , but are still not that keen on talking about it yet, but a PS3 price drop will happen this year for sure.

Last edited by vipco; 3rd July 2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 29th July 2009, 06:04 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I just saw the Left 4 Dead 2 teaser. It looks AMAZING! I'll be getting this as soon as it comes out You can now use a chainsaw! Wahhh!
Old 1st August 2009, 01:35 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Wolfenstein should be pretty good to Kyle, though the graphics are a slight disapointment but the gameplay should be solid enough.

I agree with you on Left 4 Dead 2 , it looks to be very good.
Theres alot of great games due out between now and Christmas .

One I sadly am let down by big time the more its revieled is DIRT 2. There dosent look like theres any pure rally events , similar to the WRC style events in the first DIRT and the previous Colin McRae (RIP) games from which DIRT evolved , with all events, inc, point to point rally being changed to multi car races.
Pity, as it does look good graphically , esp the Battersey track.
Old 2nd August 2009, 12:50 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Oh, can I recomend a good energy drink called 24 / 7 for those all nite games sessions, especially those online lengthy grudge matches with the Yank's.
Each bottle contains the equivalent caffine of 4 Red Bulls, but is less than a 3rd the size of RB, so I guess its more an engery boost /shot than a thirst quenching drink.
Great stuff, tastes lovely, though check out the label in case your allergic to any ingredients before you knock down 3 or 4.

Last edited by vipco; 4th August 2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 4th August 2009, 05:43 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Sony have bought the offical NASCAR rights and are to use them plus the WRC rights they own already , in their forth comming troubled , AAA racer, Grand Turismo 5 .
( A seperate NASCAR game may appear at a later date.)

GT5 has had several release date's abandoned since the early days of the PS3 launch , which is'nt a good sign, and even though a 5 track prolouge at £20 was released some time ago to keep fans happy, GT5 updates seemed to disapear shortly after .
Sony obtaining such a high profile franchise such as NASCAR is a sure sign of reassurance that GT5's still here and that its gonna be big , very big.

EA formly had the rights to NASCAR and apparently had the next installment finished a few months back, but never got to release it . (nascar10)
Pity as EA's NASCAR 09 is imho one of the best , gorgeous and realistic NASCAR games i've played, and indeed still play today, a year after its release.

The NASCAR rights is a multi million dollar worldwide gaming franshise ,and alot of fans blamed EA on putting the same game out year after year with only minor tweaks and upgrades to its engine and ignoring the many little faults contained in the game , knowing that the game would sell in record amounts anyway.
Pity EA lost the rights as the current version (09) is nigh on a faultless experience of the NASCAR sport.

Like this? Share it using the links below!