Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree152094Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th September 2013, 11:30 PM
Cult Addict

rdogs.jpg

Picked this up 2day for £5 from cash converters.
The bloke at the counter looked really annoyed coz all blue-rays are £5, seemed that someone didn't put a higher price tag on it so he had to give it to me at normal price. Left feeling a little bit chuffed. The man at the counters sad wistful look added to my pleasure.
Old 25th September 2013, 07:12 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Attachment 120933

Picked this up 2day for £5 from cash converters.
The bloke at the counter looked really annoyed coz all blue-rays are £5, seemed that someone didn't put a higher price tag on it so he had to give it to me at normal price. Left feeling a little bit chuffed. The man at the counters sad wistful look added to my pleasure.
Does your cash converters have those horrid yellow stickers that leave a mess on the case? I saw one of those Reservoir dogs tins in my local, the bloke took great pride in telling me how much the thing was worth on ebay. Then I pointed out how much LESS it would be worth thanks to the horrible gluey stain and bits of yellow sticker from trying to remove it! Then I bought the region 1 anchor bay release of A BETTER TOMORROW which is actually more expensive on occassion online for 99p. The silly sods dont check their DVDS

Had a similar experience in cash gen. Got a blu-ray for £3.99 which is the cheapest they do them for. It was SONS OF ANARCHY SEASON 4, the case was cracked and because it was regular amray sized they thought it was a regular Blu!!!
bdc, troggi and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 25th September 2013, 08:10 AM
Cult Addict

ALLYOURMUSIC are doing PRINCE OF DARKNESS blu-ray at £11.57 btw... Just picked it up!
Old 25th September 2013, 08:17 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
ALLYOURMUSIC are doing PRINCE OF DARKNESS blu-ray at £11.57 btw... Just picked it up!
Me too - good spot!
keirarts likes this.
Old 25th September 2013, 08:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Cheers!
Old 25th September 2013, 09:29 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Does your cash converters have those horrid yellow stickers that leave a mess on the case? I saw one of those Reservoir dogs tins in my local, the bloke took great pride in telling me how much the thing was worth on ebay. Then I pointed out how much LESS it would be worth thanks to the horrible gluey stain and bits of yellow sticker from trying to remove it! Then I bought the region 1 anchor bay release of A BETTER TOMORROW which is actually more expensive on occassion online for 99p. The silly sods dont check their DVDS

Had a similar experience in cash gen. Got a blu-ray for £3.99 which is the cheapest they do them for. It was SONS OF ANARCHY SEASON 4, the case was cracked and because it was regular amray sized they thought it was a regular Blu!!!
I HATE those stickers. I spend about 45 minutes trying to get the sticker gunk off of every DVD I've ever bought from Cash Converters!!!
keirarts, trebor8273 and troggi like this.

Last edited by ArgentoFan1987; 25th September 2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 25th September 2013, 09:54 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
I HATE those stickers. I spend about 45 minutes trying to get he sticker gunk off of every DVD I've ever bought from Cash Converters!!!
It's just bizzare hearing someone prattle on about how collectible an item is after they have just devalued the damn thing by sticking one of those awful stickers on.
Old 25th September 2013, 10:06 AM
Seasoned Cultist

bought for £8 Firefly and Dexter series 1
Old 25th September 2013, 03:26 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:

No they didn't have any stickers on at all except for the sets which were obviously marked because they were more expensive, they didn't even have a sign up saying the prices, just pure laziness.
I asked the bloke and he said £5 unless marked, so i grabbed the tin quick.
troggi likes this.
Old 25th September 2013, 03:29 PM
Cult Addict

Price label stickers are one of the things that really make my blood boil, can't imagine the amount of time ive spent trying to take the little bastards off new dvds.
The worst is when they're on a cardboard slipcase and it gets ripped trying to remove the labels. AAAArgh !!!!
ArgentoFan1987 and troggi like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!