All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree152175Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th October 2024, 05:36 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
New arrivals.
Where did you order the Lewton discs Dem? Mine's not arriving til Monday. Not even dispatched yet

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 12th October 2024, 05:53 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I'd like to know what you think of Criterion's release of I Walked with a Zombie and whether you think it's a 'must buy' for those who, like you, highly rate and love the film.

Have you seen Scream VI or was that a blind buy?
A blind buy.

I've actually earmarked Zombie for Christmas Day night along with Casablanca as i usually like comfort viewing that evening so two of my all time favourites will be perfect.

I HAD to buy the blu though as a few years ago i put the disc from the box set in my dvd player and it wouldn't recognise the fact there was anything on the disc other than The Seventh Victim. I was horrified. Luckily i was able to buy the double bill on it's own from Music Magpie for six pounds, which in itself was some sort of miracle. I'd think it was only a matter of time before the replacement dvd fails to work too, so like i say, i had to buy the blu.

If i recall correctly the same thing happened to JHarker's copy as well.
J Harker likes this.
Old 12th October 2024, 05:53 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Where did you order the Lewton discs Dem? Mine's not arriving til Monday. Not even dispatched yet
Amazon. Came via Royal mail.
Old 12th October 2024, 06:28 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
UK 4K UHD standard edition of A Nightmare On Elm Street arrived today. Contrary to the image and description on blu-raydotcom, there's no accompanying bd, it's just a standalone 4K UHD disc. Bit disappointing (but I do already own a NOES bd collection), bought this just for access to the uncut version which I haven't experienced since VHS era. It might just be an added nine seconds of violence but I want it.
acording to DVDcompare the BD that came with the 4k UHD release was the original theatrical version which I beleve is cut.
SymbioticFunction likes this.
Old 12th October 2024, 06:30 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
A blind buy.

I've actually earmarked Zombie for Christmas Day night along with Casablanca as i usually like comfort viewing that evening so two of my all time favourites will be perfect.

I HAD to buy the blu though as a few years ago i put the disc from the box set in my dvd player and it wouldn't recognise the fact there was anything on the disc other than The Seventh Victim. I was horrified. Luckily i was able to buy the double bill on it's own from Music Magpie for six pounds, which in itself was some sort of miracle. I'd think it was only a matter of time before the replacement dvd fails to work too, so like i say, i had to buy the blu.

If i recall correctly the same thing happened to JHarker's copy as well.
Yes it did. I managed to find a copy on ebay for ?7.99. Still felt the blu was an essential upgrade though. Mine is from Amazon too so I'm surprised its not even been dispatched

Old 12th October 2024, 06:42 PM
Cult Veteran

I will be grabbing the Lewton disc in store on Monday I?m looking forward to it.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 14th October 2024, 06:12 PM
Cult Addict

Today's new arrivals. The Lewton disc from Amazon fell through the postbox about half hour ago and the others were in HMVs two for ?15. I couldn't resist Witchfinder as it was the last copy they appeared to have with a slip. Think I would have caved and got Blood on Satan's Claw instead of Plague if they had a copy with a slip. I haven't posted them yet but I picked up The Beast in the Cellar the other day, the PQ quality is absolutely superb. If Witchfinder is anything like it I'll be well pleased with the upgrade. I checked out the Screenbound blu earlier today and while it's decent, there is room for improvement.
Attachment 252946Attachment 252947

Last edited by J Harker; 14th October 2024 at 10:34 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM
Cult Acolyte

Apparently my I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE Blu is arriving from Amazon on Thursday! Was to be Saturday!
Thought this was going to be hard to get that's why I pre ordered, but my two HMV stores have it in stock. Ah well.. I can wait.
Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Makes me laugh. All those people on here desperate for The Hitcher to come out on Blu yet nobody appears to have bought it. At least not going off posts on here.

More people have bought the Lewton double bill than such an anticipated blu-ray / 4K.
Old Yesterday, 09:42 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Makes me laugh. All those people on here desperate for The Hitcher to come out on Blu yet nobody appears to have bought it. At least not going off posts on here.

More people have bought the Lewton double bill than such an anticipated blu-ray / 4K.
Not paying ?18 for it. I really want the limited edition set but I don't give a rats chuff about 4K and find it insulting they don't release a Ltd edition blu ray set without 4K. Something that credit to Arrow, they generally do.

Like this? Share it using the links below!