Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3037Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th December 2022, 12:20 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

My wife and I have watched quite a few Christmas films this year (normally it would be no more than one or two). I have to say that the most enjoyable one was new film Spirited starring Will Ferrell and Ryan Reynolds. I was worried because I didn't like the opening song but the rest really won me over. Would highly recommend it.
Old 24th December 2022, 12:41 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)

James Stewart existing makes everyone's life better, not just the residents of Bedford Falls.

I'm sure i cry more at this with every passing year.
"Every time a bell rings a angel gets his wings" always gets me...or someone is cutting a onion next to me to get my eyes watery.
Old 24th December 2022, 02:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Whoever Slew Aunty Roo. 1971.

A different take on the Hansel and Gretel tale, this time Shelley Winters doesn't play the wicked witch in a candy house but a unstable widowed woman in a big gothic style mansion who takes in orphan siblings into her care for Christmas. This does have its thrills, chills, plot twists and great acting that you almost feel sympathy for the old widowed eccentric.

MV5BNjEzMDExMDEtNDBkMC00YzkwLWEyMjMtYjY0ZDUxMmI0NTQ5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTg2NjYzOA@@._V1_.jpg
Old 24th December 2022, 09:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Great festive stop motion animation from the mind of Tim Burton who created the characters and story board, this is a well crafted piece of film that's enjoyable and entertaining from start to finish. Everytime this is watched I always seem to find myself singing along or even whistling when the film is finished.

p_thenightmarebeforechristmas_19754_abc0f5f5.jpg
Old 25th December 2022, 12:11 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Scrooge. 1951.

Personally the best adaptation of the tale with Alastair Sim as the miser, Mervyn Johns as Cratchit, Kathleen Harrison as the faithful housekeeper Mrs Dibber who does her best to run covering her face when Scrooge tries to do a handstand on a chair.

Scrooge_–_1951_UK_film_poster.jpg
Old 25th December 2022, 01:42 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Inside. 2007.

No matter how many festive Christmas horror films we watch this is still one of the best high tension brutal home invasion films that still has me cringing. Filmed on a estimated $3 million, French directors Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Maury take things to the extreme especially with the unrated version.

download.jpeg
Old 25th December 2022, 11:30 AM
Cultist

Turns out, we went with The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005), because my kid had never watched it and she and wife lobbied very strongly for it It's a lovely film, though. So Christmas Bloody Christmas maybe next year...
Old 25th December 2022, 09:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Home Alone 2: Lost In New York

Kevin mistakenly goes to New York whereas his Family travel to Florida. He again runs into Harry and Marv and again he outsmarts them. Again it's a decent watch, Joe Pesci is amazing again (I just want him to burst into one of his Mafia Roles lol) Tim Curry is really good also. It does redo some of the tricks from the 1st one though.

I saw a mock Poster for a Purge Movie with the Tagline stating that Kevin McAllistar is home. It would make for an interesting Film though.

Daddy's Home 2

The Dad's are back and this time their Fathers join them as they spend Christmas in a Sky Lodge. I watch this every Christmas and I still find it funny.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ha2liny.jpg (13.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg dh2.jpg (12.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 29th December 2022, 05:56 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Finished watching Christmas movies on Christmas Eve with Love Actually and then this on Blu-ray.

That's not a screen grab, it's a photo of the film on my tv.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Christmas Eve 2022 (9) (Medium).JPG (59.3 KB, 18 views)
Old 31st December 2022, 04:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

New Years Evil.

The big count down is on its way yet a homicidal maniac is killing women on the stroke of midnight in different time zones.

I may be crazy...not as crazy as the killer in this slasher but this is one film i do enjoy, yeah full of cheese and how to seduce a woman in 10 mins does work in this but never in the real world. The acting is what you would expect in a Cannon produced movie and everyone must have been given their dialogue a few minutes before the camera started rolling, the explanation for the killing is a bit daft.

images (5).jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!