Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th January 2016, 12:01 AM
Cult Acolyte

I remember the projector packing up during Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (during the bit where Harry and Hermione were in the old house in Godric's Hollow with the giant snake). We had to go out and either get a refund or wait for them to fix it for 10 minutes.
I waited.
keirarts likes this.
Old 17th May 2017, 06:15 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

My worst experience was with my ex wife she wanted to see Mr Bean's holiday. We sat through it bored and two females decided to bring in 6 kids and they done nothing but speak and run up and down the stairs. Not sure if this would seem FUNNY to some but a lot of complaints were made. I did security at a small leisure park and the cinema there had a few screens, every Saturday they would show kids films. One weekend Horton hears a who was to be shown but they were presented with 5minutes of SAW V.
Old 17th May 2017, 06:43 AM
Cult Addict

i've had 2 (maybe 3 bad experiences)

1) went to see Lincoln at cinema with a mate (just after watching Django Unchained), now during the ads me and my mate were just having a laugh, in front of us was this parent with his children and he turned around and told us to be quiet, during the ads. during the film this guys kids dosed off and were snoring. so i went to him and told him to keep his kids quiet. he just looked at me and told me to f**k off.

2) me and my mate went to see The Hateful 8, and there was this old couple who were sitting in front of us, who just gave us this dirty look as though we were going to cause trouble and sadly enough the guys wife was cackling through out the whole film.

possible 3) went to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and (SPOILERS!!!!) the moment when Kylo Ren kills Han Solo, all you heard among the gasps from people was another mate saying at the top of his voice "YOU F**KING C**T".
Old 10th June 2017, 01:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching The Grudge, the US one ( I know...), someone to the side of me started snapping bubblegum rather loudly. My mate, who is a quiet soul normally said loudly STFU bubblegum. It did the trick

Two young women who proceeded to snigger all through Tenebrae. Why go to see something then laugh at it?
I don't queue up for Jerry Maguire then bray with laughter at Zwellgeger's massive boat do I?
nosferatu42 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th June 2017, 01:32 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Watching The Grudge, the US one ( I know...), someone to the side of me started snapping bubblegum rather loudly. My mate, who is a quiet soul normally said loudly STFU bubblegum. It did the trick

Two young women who proceeded to snigger all through Tenebrae. Why go to see something then laugh at it?
I don't queue up for Jerry Maguire then bray with laughter at Zwellgeger's massive boat do I?
Seeing Jerry Maguire would definitely class as a worst cinema experience.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 10th June 2017, 02:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default curse of mrs vorhees

I once went to a Friday the 13th all nighter,well at that time they were only up to number 5.And this was in the days when you could still smoke in the cinema, but due to being very humid and the fact i eat a lot of chocolate and smoked to much I spent much of Part 3 throwing up in the toilets.

Old 10th June 2017, 03:56 PM
Cult Don

Regular readers will know I used to work in a cinema

We once had a 'Friday 13th' all-nighter, where we showed parts 1 - 5.

It was the good old days, when you were still permitted to smoke in the auditorium, and I spent an enjoyable evening sitting at the back, watching the films, drinking HUGE cups of cola and working my way thru a pack of 20 smokes

Anyway, it was very humid inside the place, and during the evening (part 3 to be precise) some disgusting git decided to go to the gents and redecorate it with his vomit

So, I had to man the toilets, with mop and bucket, clearing up what I hope was vomited chocolate!

Nasty nasty nasty!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 10th June 2017, 05:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Regular readers will know I used to work in a cinema

We once had a 'Friday 13th' all-nighter, where we showed parts 1 - 5.

It was the good old days, when you were still permitted to smoke in the auditorium, and I spent an enjoyable evening sitting at the back, watching the films, drinking HUGE cups of cola and working my way thru a pack of 20 smokes

Anyway, it was very humid inside the place, and during the evening (part 3 to be precise) some disgusting git decided to go to the gents and redecorate it with his vomit

So, I had to man the toilets, with mop and bucket, clearing up what I hope was vomited chocolate!

Nasty nasty nasty!
Actualy I lie it was in fact a Ron Jeremy and John Holmes ...festival....

Old 10th June 2017, 05:42 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Actualy I lie it was in fact a Ron Jeremy and John Holmes ...festival....
...And the Inspector still spent the 3rd film gagging in the toilets.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Like this? Share it using the links below!