Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree181802Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th November 2011, 06:32 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
just finished watching Human Centipede 2, it was just rubbish and offensive to the medium of film. I wasn't offended by the content but by how people would even consider investing in what is essentially one slow, boring build up to a 30 minute fart joke pay off. Utter trash and a disgrace to horror cinema.
Which makes you question the wisdom of the BBFC who obviously took it so seriously
Old 7th November 2011, 08:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence) - 1/5

It gets a star for its nightmarish Eraserhead style, but otherwise it's just a vile waste of time.
Old 7th November 2011, 08:31 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasteropod View Post
The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence) - 1/5

It gets a star for its nightmarish Eraserhead style, but otherwise it's just a vile waste of time.
Fair summation!
Old 7th November 2011, 10:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

At the moment im watching

American horror story.
But does any 1 else think at the moment fx is at this moment a fantastic channel and the one to watch and keep a eye on for some fantastic and great programmes.

Its got walking dead.
Law and order that i watch from time to time,
Its shows family guy american dad (but yes so do other channels).
Its got leverage i never seen but ive heard good things about..
Spielbergs Taken,
Burn notice,
Plus loads of other good programmes i havent mentioned..
Old 8th November 2011, 02:16 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Batman Returns
Halloween - Last weeks showing on BBC 2
Halloween Resurrection - Again, last weeks showing on BBC 2
Zombie Flesh Eaters 2
A Christmas Story
- To start getting in the festive mood seeing as there's only 46 days to go!
Old 8th November 2011, 10:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid (2005 version)
yes the version where 3 fans thought they knew better than Peckinpah, still a desolate delight.....

Faceless with the comm (Romay & Jesus) looked nice on me tv, and im sure they fall out with the moderator during the comm

can anyone recommend any more Franco commentaries? they are swaying me, as i like the chap's attitude towards life, work etc.....
Old 8th November 2011, 07:37 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Amityville Horror. This was the first time I had seen the original, and I really enjoyed it
Fright Night...Classic horror film that I have seen again and again. It just never seems old and still keeps me engrossed
Old 8th November 2011, 07:45 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

We're Going To Eat You (1980)...old favourite that starts off really strong and keeps going until there's a little dip in the third act...and then it ends with a bang!

Last edited by bdc; 8th November 2011 at 08:11 PM.
Old 8th November 2011, 07:53 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

"Bronco Bullfrog". Filmed in 1969, using a cast of non-professional actors, this is an utterly compelling and convincing love story set at the beginning of the suedehead scene, which grew out of both the mod and skinhead scenes. Very, very charming and easily one of the best films I've seen this year.
Slippery Jack likes this.
Old 8th November 2011, 08:02 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Latest viewings:

Maniac Cop - Lovely slice of '80s cheese - Now all we need is for the sequel to hit Blu-ray.

Cat o' Nine Tails - The weakest of Argento's 'Animal Trilogy', but still highly enjoyable nonetheless.

Rubber - WTF?! Not what I expected at all. I assumed that this would slot into the pseudo nu-grindhouse niche along with the likes of Bitch Slap or Run, Bitch Run!, but I was surprised that it wasn't as blandly formulaic as those two at all. Appealed to both my love of dark comedy and general weirdness. Not great, but certainly better than expected.

Pulse - The US remake of Kairo (itself not a fantastic film), this was dull and predictable (but then you expect that from a Wes Craven screenplay ). Plus, Kristen Bell is way too attractive, which is extremely off-putting to the point that you don't really care what's going on as long as she's on screen.

Haunting in Connecticut - Some occasional nice lighting and imagery aside, this is basically a very dull possession/haunted house movie. Best avoided!

[REC] 2 - Decent sequel, picking up directly after the first one left off. I can't wait for the prequel (if it happens).

The Return of the Living Dead - Not only one of the best horror comedies ever made, but also one of the greatest zombie films ever made: This film is pure awesomeness.

Exit Through the Gift Shop - Interesting and informative documentary from legendary street artist Banksy detailing the street art scene and the exploits of Thierry Guetta (AKA Mr Brainwash).

Like this? Share it using the links below!