Like Tree181802Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th November 2012, 01:16 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePopeofCOSDS View Post
Absolutely.
"Absolutely" you agree with me or "absolutely" you think it's an enjoyable watch?

Just watched Fulci's Aenigma. Dull, plodding supernatural nonsense. Not enjoyable to watch for a number of reasons. Zzzzzzzzz
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 30th November 2012, 01:43 AM
Active Cultist

Been in a zombie flesh eaters mood today so thought id check out part 3 titled after death. Oh my lord what a shit film, made Camp blood 2 look good lol avoid.
Old 30th November 2012, 02:06 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I saw this film on an ex-rental VHS over 10 years ago and hated it but luckily I gave the film another day in court when I grabbed it off BBC4 a few months back - finally watched it last night and enjoyed it immensely. I've always been no more than an admirer of The Who but I must check out the album that inspired the film. In the meantime, there's a Criterion Blu on the way. What with this and Radio On, Dune and Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, someone might think I was a Sting fan...he does seem to get around.

I just watched the Criterion blu of this a few nights ago and I must say that it looks (and sounds) stunning. I would highly recommend getting it if you like the film.
Wes likes this.
Old 30th November 2012, 02:22 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

LOVELY MOLLY - Very impressive and quite disturbing supernatural / madness flick from the director of 'Blair Witch'. A former junkie finds herself slipping back into the mire of drugs and her sinister past. It's heavy on atmosphere and does a lot with sound. Quite a dark, unpleasant vibe runs throughout, and unlike some I actually liked the lack of resolution at the end. Best use of deer carcass to nightmarish effect I've seen in a while.

RED STATE - I mostly liked it. A fusion of latter day indie and sort-of horror from the well known director of 'Clerks' etc. Some teens are preyed upon (or 'prayed upon' arrghhh stop me it hurts) by a bunch of rabid fundamentalists who end up being shot to pieces by the equally fascistic Man. Perhaps its maker's tendency towards quirk is offset by genuine intensity in places.

POLYCARP - Also known as 'Kinky Killers'. I can't really explain what this is about, apart from that it involves foul mouthed cops, absolutely inane dialogue, biblical stuff, a killer with mutliple personalities which are somehow infectious?, tepid mannequin gore, arbitrary nudity and oh I give up... let's just say it made about as much sense as a randomly edited episode of Twin Peaks, and actually at points I felt the director had the audacity to strain for a Lynchian vibe (or maybe wanted to remake 'The Room' as a direct to DVD horror). I sort of enjoyed it, but I can imagine being hated for liking it.
Old 30th November 2012, 02:28 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post

RED STATE - I mostly liked it. A fusion of latter day indie and sort-of horror from the well known director of 'Clerks' etc. Some teens are preyed upon (or 'prayed upon' arrghhh stop me it hurts) by a bunch of rabid fundamentalists who end up being shot to pieces by the equally fascistic Man. Perhaps its maker's tendency towards quirk is offset by genuine intensity in places.
I mostly liked it too. The ending annoyed me as it seemed like Smith thought "oh shit yeah, I'm Kevin Smith! Better bring the sodomy gags regardless of how incongruous it may be". It's definitely his most interesting film and I do love the shifts in tone though.

Oh as well as Fulci's Carrie-inspired supernatural dirge today I also watched The Muppets. Glorious feel-good cinema. Genuinely loved it and couldn't stop smiling throughout.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 30th November 2012, 04:13 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
"Absolutely" you agree with me or "absolutely" you think it's an enjoyable watch?

Sorry, absolutely it's an enjoyable watch.

- Razor88
Old 30th November 2012, 04:18 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePopeofCOSDS View Post
Sorry, absolutely it's an enjoyable watch.

- Razor88
It's a great film but "enjoyable" isn't an experience I'd associate with watching it! Each to their own though
Old 30th November 2012, 06:45 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Stirred up a wee nest haven't I?. Mordum is just a film...it isn't Orcozo or anything like that.
Mate mentioned it in passing (he's the one who sat bored through Snuff 102 etc) so on it went. I guess it all has to do with the level of empathy you feel for people really....

On a slightly different tack, a chap at the radio proclaimed "have you seen a film called Man Bites Dog then?" To which I started singing "Cinema! Cinema!" at the top of my voice.....and I'm surprised I'm single hahaha
Perhaps, but scene of maggot raping a dead child in a bath upset me what can I say I must be squemish.
Old 30th November 2012, 03:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Perhaps, but scene of maggot raping a dead child in a bath upset me what can I say I must be squemish.
Cough SPOILER ALERT cough.
Sheeesh. It isn't a documentary is it?

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 30th November 2012, 03:33 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Cough SPOILER ALERT cough.
Sheeesh. It isn't a documentary is it?
Of course not, I'm not making any moral objections, its a work of fiction. It was just very effective and disturbing to me. WAY more so than serbian film. I'm not having a pop at the film, as I said its well made and for me that was part of the problem and anyone going in blind or asking exactly how graphic the film is certainly deserve forwarning!
Rik likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!