Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree181803Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th May 2013, 10:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

War Horse (2011) I liked it but that horse just seemed way to intelligent! Taking the place of his mate pulling the cannon because he knew his mate was too sick to pull it!

Piranha DD (2012) OMG! What a waste of an hour and half! What the hell was I thinking! Oh yeah! Boobs! But thats enough of Hasselhoff!
troggi likes this.
Old 5th May 2013, 10:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
DREDD. Nowhere near as much fun as the similarly plotted THE RAID. Sorry Hawk.

BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW. Rabidly anti youth and counter culture madness set in the mud, a theme that runs throughout another weird beard film of the same time period, PSYCHOMANIA. That said, both films are high on my all time fave list as they perfectly capture the esoteric folk byways of an England that is real and mythic at the same time.
I've got to go with young Master Hawk on Dredd, it's a masterpiece!

BIG BUT I love "Blood on Satan's Claw" and "Psychomania" and they both rate very highly in troggi's cave.

Monster Magnet
Old 5th May 2013, 10:43 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
I've got to go with young Master Hawk on Dredd, it's a masterpiece!

BIG BUT I love "Blood on Satan's Claw" and "Psychomania" and they both rate very highly in troggi's cave.
Is it like this in Troggi's cave?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg joan2btrog.jpg (28.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 5th May 2013, 10:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Is it like this in Troggi's cave?
Exactly like that but with no feminine touches!

Monster Magnet
Old 5th May 2013, 11:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Just seen Scanners blu ray.
It was a good flick but not my fav Cronenberg flicks. It was not brilliant but average I thought! Some people will hate that but meh lol
troggi likes this.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 6th May 2013, 06:22 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
THE LORDS OF SALEM - Generally quite liked this 'new direction', which substitutes a sickly, detached Euro-feel for the more manic stylisation of his other stuff. Succeeds in building an atmosphere of slow burn dread, although I wished R Zombie had been a bit more generous with the Russelesque psychedelia we see towards the end.

THE COLLECTION - Sequel to 'The Collector'. First half hour had me feeling a little dismissive due to the choppy but flat 'Saw' franchise type style, but interestingly this blossoms into vivid Italo-horror bombast by the end (in quite a tightly controlled way, too). Pretty gory, with some nice set pieces involving mannequins. I liked the way the killer's mask made his face look like that of a demented eel. Definitely worth a look.

I DIDN'T COME HERE TO DIE - At first I thought this was overhyped, but by the end I was thinking "no, this is great stuff with all the hallmarks of a cult classic to be". At least it's a clever, funny slice of anti-horror which dispatches its kids in the woods with wit and verve. The culprit is no backwoods slasher, but something more abstract - a plot device based on miscommunication and overinterpretation, randomness and existence being a total bitch. If Beckett had done low rent indie genre deconstruction, this would be the result.

LA TRASGRESSIONE - Italian exploitation from the late eighties. I say 'exploitation', but for most of the run time I was scratching my head trying to figure out whether it was coming from an art or a sleaze direction, because at times it plays like a bad approximation of both. A psychology student takes a hit of a magic serum and transforms into a total psychopath, hangs out with a spoilt but equally vicious rich girl and goes on a rampage during which bad things happen and nudity occurs... or does it? Maybe it's all a dream. Or is it? Doesn't feel anything like last gasp Italian genre product of the time. I don't know what it feels like, but if you enjoy clowns with umbrellas who look like they might symbolise something then you might dig this strange little oddity.

BIOTHERAPY - Obscure Japanese trash from the mid-eighties with an alien monster pissing off a bunch of scientists working on a secret drug. There's some gore and a palatable run time (about forty minutes, which suits my attention span these days). It lacks the sleazy punch of something comparable like 'Entrails of a Beautiful Woman', but still manages to be entertaining and diverting enough. I don't think it has an official release.

AMITYVILLE 2 - THE POSSESSION - I've never bothered with it in the past, but decided to check it out after reading some good reviews on here. I was surprised at its intensity, and for a mainstream B movie it manages to be pretty sleazy in places. Some of the sub- 'Poltergeist' haunting effects seem a bit stale, but the portrait of the violent forces at work within the nuclear family is really hard hitting. Enjoyable trash but also paradoxically quite dark - definitely a 'find' as far as I'm concerned.
Another person whose a fan of amityville 2! I'm doing my best to get as many genre fans as possible to check it out.
Old 6th May 2013, 11:43 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Jackass 3 type of things they do makes you think they have a screw loose to do some of the stuff they do. But at the same time certain bits must have been fun and entertaining to do.
Old 6th May 2013, 11:59 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Another person whose a fan of amityville 2! I'm doing my best to get as many genre fans as possible to check it out.
I've always been a fan of Amityville II. It's my favourite of the series and has a real fun, trashy sensibility to it.
keirarts likes this.
Old 6th May 2013, 12:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
I've always been a fan of Amityville II. It's my favourite of the series and has a real fun, trashy sensibility to it.
I thought it was fun too!
Excited for the trilogy blu ray release.
I also am a big fan of Amityville Dollhouse! *cringe*
keirarts likes this.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 6th May 2013, 12:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I thought it was fun too!
Excited for the trilogy blu ray release.
I also am a big fan of Amityville Dollhouse! *cringe*
I've only seen I, II and III. Not seen Dollhouse, and thought III (3D) was awful.

Doubt I'd buy the trilogy, but I'd pick up I and II individually. It puts me off having stinkers in boxsets just for completions sake.

Like this? Share it using the links below!