Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree181802Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th July 2013, 03:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShaw View Post
I hope director Bobcat Goldthwait makes it over, his q&s's are a real force of nature.
Bobcat Goldthwait's "Shakes the Clown" is magnificent!

Monster Magnet
Old 30th July 2013, 06:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Thanks to the very fine Cinematic Shocks film blog for putting me wise to Roberta Findlay's 1985 urban action film Tenement, about a gang of thugs hopped up on bad drugs and armed to the teeth terrorizing the inhabitants (inmates would be a better word) of a scummy tenement block in the Bronx. This one is violent, sleazy and as outrageous as any Italian knock-off and might be described as the bastard child of Assault on Precinct 13 and The Mad Foxes...

Old 30th July 2013, 11:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

"Beyond Remedy" 2009

Here's an oddity! Medical students with phobias being picked off in the best "slasher" tradition in an abandoned hospital whilst on a therapy course to confront their fears.

It picked up after a slow start. A clinical 10/10
Demdike@Cult Labs and SCM like this.

Monster Magnet
Old 30th July 2013, 11:49 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Thanks to the very fine Cinematic Shocks film blog for putting me wise to Roberta Findlay's 1985 urban action film Tenement, about a gang of thugs hopped up on bad drugs and armed to the teeth terrorizing the inhabitants (inmates would be a better word) of a scummy tenement block in the Bronx. This one is violent, sleazy and as outrageous as any Italian knock-off and might be described as the bastard child of Assault on Precinct 13 and The Mad Foxes...
The guy who runs Cinematic Shocks is a friend of mine - and a great site it is too. Tenement is a good one, glad you enjoyed it.
Wes and troggi like this.
Old 31st July 2013, 10:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

Grindhouse the Quentin Tarantino / Rob Rodriguez double bill. I've seen it twice now as it's full film and I still think Planet Terror is better then Death Proof as I found Death too talkative for my liking but when the action did appear it was short and sweet.

Not a film but a TV series. The Young Ones with the greatest song ever Dr Marten's Boots

starts at 1.45
Old 31st July 2013, 10:24 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
"Beyond Remedy" 2009

Here's an oddity! Medical students with phobias being picked off in the best "slasher" tradition in an abandoned hospital whilst on a therapy course to confront their fears.

It picked up after a slow start. A clinical 10/10
I've still got my copy to watch
troggi likes this.
Old 31st July 2013, 12:12 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
Grindhouse the Quentin Tarantino / Rob Rodriguez double bill. I've seen it twice now as it's full film and I still think Planet Terror is better then Death Proof as I found Death too talkative for my liking but when the action did appear it was short and sweet.

Not a film but a TV series. The Young Ones with the greatest song ever Dr Marten's Boots

starts at 1.45
I've got the Grindhouse double feature Blu ray and i think Deathproof is the shorter version as it was originally mean't to be seen. Although when me and a mate watched it i think i only noticed the lap dance was missing and the ennio morricone snippet of music over the scene were Russell is taking shots of the girls was absent. (a shame coz i like this music). I don't mind if this is the original version but i personally would have left this stuff in and shortened the dialogue between the girls. I like Deathproof but a bit less talk and a little more action would have improved it vastly.
Bought this mainly for the inclusion of the grindhouse style trailers which i think are great.
Haven't got around to watching this version of Planet Terror yet though even though this is my favourite of the two.
Alway's thought that the original version is a bit bizarre because i would have put Deathproof first on a double bill, talky film first building up to the kick ass all out assault on the senses that is Planet Terror. Would keep you awake better late at night methinks.
By the way absolutely bloody love The Young Ones, one of my favourite comedies of all time.
troggi likes this.
Old 31st July 2013, 01:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Tuesdays films:

Across the River - very effective film. The first time I have been genuinely scared in the cinema for some time.
Library Wars Very enjoyable action-romance from Japan.
Vegetarian Cannibal Disappointing.

A couple of light days ahead (only two films today and tomorrow) and the its almost time to fly home.
troggi likes this.
Old 31st July 2013, 02:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Pulp Fiction-almost 20 years after I first saw it, it's still my favourite non Horror film, I reckon I could watch it with the sound off and recite pretty much all the dialogue.
Hawkmonger and troggi like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 31st July 2013, 02:11 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Pulp Fiction-almost 20 years after I first saw it, it's still my favourite non Horror film, I reckon I could watch it with the sound off and recite pretty much all the dialogue.
Funnily enough, I watched it on Monday evening and am exactly the same as you as I found myself mouthing along to the dialogue most of the time!
troggi likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!