I know what you meant, is 9 any good?
me and my little lad love this film also another great film was coraline

i just watched amityville 3 6/10
Old 27th April 2011, 10:48 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I'm embarrassed to admit I've never seen Logan's Run, but it is on my Lovefilm rental queue. I just finished watching Beavis and Butt-Head Do America, a film which I haven't seen in years, and one which is still extremely funny, especially when Beavis 'turns into' Cornholio.
Logan's Run is childhood fave of mine and still a fave film of mine now, when i hit 30 im gonna run too...
Old 27th April 2011, 10:53 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Just watched Fast Five at the cinema. That was a couple of hours well spent. It was loads of fun and had some incredible action scenes in it. Easily the best of the 5 so far. Will be interesting to see what they do with the next one. If you go see it then make sure you stay and watch the end credits, there's an interesting twist.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 27th April 2011, 10:56 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Just watched Fast Five at the cinema. That was a couple of hours well spent. It was loads of fun and had some incredible action scenes in it. Easily the best of the 5 so far. Will be interesting to see what they do with the next one. If you go see it then make sure you stay and watch the end credits, there's an interesting twist.
is there much CGI Ant or mostly in-camera stunts?
Old 27th April 2011, 11:26 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
is there much CGI Ant or mostly in-camera stunts?
To be honest there wasn't that much CGI at all, well, not obviously noticable CGI but it was used to enhance certain stunts. Still looked great though. The car scenes were brilliant and it was good to see proper cars getting proper thrashed around rather than the silly CGI ones from the earlier films. It really was great fun mate.

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 28th April 2011, 12:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I just seen Bloody Birthday!
it was a fun killer kid flick!
enjoyed it

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 28th April 2011, 12:28 AM
Active Cultist

Monsters-Meh a disappointment more like a travel log than a si-fi monster movie,the ending(if you can call it a ending)is god awful
Old 28th April 2011, 07:04 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer time View Post
Monsters-Meh a disappointment more like a travel log than a si-fi monster movie,the ending(if you can call it a ending)is god awful
Monsters is a very divisive film I think. I went with a friend, both expecting it to be a District 9-style film with a bit of action in it. When it became apparent that it was a slower film, with more of a road movie feel I still enjoyed it but thought my friend would hate it and he turned out to admit that it was one of the best films he'd seen that year! I can see why people don't like it, but for me I thought it was an excellently directed film with fantastic performances and really can't wait to see what Gareth Edward's does next with his take on Godzilla.
antmumford likes this.
Old 28th April 2011, 07:24 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Monsters is a very divisive film I think. I went with a friend, both expecting it to be a District 9-style film with a bit of action in it. When it became apparent that it was a slower film, with more of a road movie feel I still enjoyed it but thought my friend would hate it and he turned out to admit that it was one of the best films he'd seen that year! I can see why people don't like it, but for me I thought it was an excellently directed film with fantastic performances and really can't wait to see what Gareth Edward's does next with his take on Godzilla.
I loved it too, great film. Superbly directed and acted. I like the "ending" too (if you can call it an ending) cos actually the opening shot was the end of the film.

Old 28th April 2011, 07:44 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer time View Post
I think the title has a lot to do with why some people are disappointed as, if you watch the film expecting loads of monsters, you aren't going to get them but, if you realise the monsters are around but aren't a big feature of the world anymore and are happy to see two people trying to cope with the restrictions placed upon them, you should love it. I did.

As for the ending, you really see how the film ends before it begins with the night vision sequence involving the army attacking the monster that you see at the end of the film. Does that make sense?

Like this? Share it using the links below!