LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th June 2011, 03:22 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Where's the Cineworld then Nos? I wish we had one near me in Newcastle - I'd go a lot more if I had one of those unlimited cards.
It's straight off the A66 and is near the railway station in the 'Middlesbrough Leisure Park'.

Here's a link to the Middlesbrough Cineworld page which has the address and postcode so you can use Google Maps to see exactly where it is:

Cineworld Cinemas: Cineworld Cinema In Middlesbrough See Film Times For The Latest Movies & 3D Films and Book tickets for Performances In Middlesbrough
Old 16th June 2011, 03:30 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It's straight off the A66 and is near the railway station in the 'Middlesbrough Leisure Park'.

Here's a link to the Middlesbrough Cineworld page which has the address and postcode so you can use Google Maps to see exactly where it is:

Cineworld Cinemas: Cineworld Cinema In Middlesbrough See Film Times For The Latest Movies & 3D Films and Book tickets for Performances In Middlesbrough
Nah, too far for me to venture for the sake of a Cineworld Unlimited card!
Old 16th June 2011, 06:13 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Spielberg's The Terminal is a fantastic film. Both funny and moving, absolutely terrific.

As for JJ Abrams, he has yet to do anything better than Alias imo.
Old 16th June 2011, 06:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post

Mulberry Street - thought I'd finally sit down and watch this as I was so impressed by the writer/directors' current film, Stake Land. The British DVD title (Zombie Virus On Mulberry Street) is very misleading - this is an "infected" film rather than zombies. So far as I am concerned this is a big discovery.A superb, tense, excellently made arthouse horror films that has,like, a good script, and well drawn characters and superb handheld camerawork reminiscent of Abel Ferrara's "grit not gloss" films. Written down the premise is ridiculous (a rat borne virus turns victims into flesh-eating "rat people") buit it really, really works. And works extremely well. Besides, is the idea of corpses coming to life to eat flesh/drink blood any less absurd? There is some (very) dark humour and satire here, but it lurks beneath the visceral tension. It's a fantastic film and I genuinely feel like I've made a big discovery. That so much can be done with so little money (the film-makers had to rely upon guerrilla film-making and unpaid favours from friends and family to get it made apparently) is an abject lesson to all film-makers and to the obscene high budget crap that Hollywood's bowels regularly void.
If you wanna see another good After Dark flick check out The Hamiltons
its getting a sequel too, also Seconds Apart from this years AD was pretty good for a AD flick too/
Gojirosan likes this.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 16th June 2011, 06:31 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Spielberg's The Terminal is a fantastic film. Both funny and moving, absolutely terrific.
I thought it worked well when it was just Tom Hanks with a 'foreign' accents living in the airport and the romance with Catherine Zeta-Jones just felt tacked on and unnecessary. Hanks is a better comedic actor than dramatic one as anyone who's seen Big and some of his early work (such as The Bachelor Party) would know.
Old 16th June 2011, 06:35 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I thought it worked well when it was just Tom Hanks with a 'foreign' accents living in the airport and the romance with Catherine Zeta-Jones just felt tacked on and unnecessary. Hanks is a better comedic actor than dramatic one as anyone who's seen Big and some of his early work (such as The Bachelor Party) would know.
When i said moving, i meant at the end of the film, his relationship as you say feels a bit tacked on.

For a small film though, it beats quite a few of Spielbergs huge blockbusters in my eyes.
Old 16th June 2011, 06:40 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
When i said moving, i meant at the end of the film, his relationship as you say feels a bit tacked on.

For a small film though, it beats quite a few of Spielbergs huge blockbusters in my eyes.
I read about the real case on which this is based and it was fascinating stuff. The Terminal is, as you say, better than some of Spielberg's blockbusters such as War of the Worlds. I thought that was rubbish, came down to check the reviews and was amazed to find so many glowing comments and high marks. Thinking I must have missed something, I went back to watch it again and dozed off for a bit in the middle!
Old 16th June 2011, 06:50 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Just watched The House of the Devil.

I really enjoyed this, very slow for the most part although I didn't mind that. Just before the final scene I felt a bit cheated but then it ended brilliantly. It looked really authentic too, in terms of an 80's teenager-in-peril/satanism movie.
Old 16th June 2011, 06:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Just watched [b]The House of the Devil[b].

I really enjoyed this, very slow for the most part although I didn't mind that. Just before the final scene I felt a bit cheated but then it ended brilliantly. It looked really authentic too, in terms of an 80's teenager-in-peril/satanism movie.
Agree completely. A great homage to the legendary 80s horrors.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 16th June 2011, 06:56 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Just watched [b]The House of the Devil[b].

Loved it.

It is very much about tension and atmosphere. Any reader wanting thrills and spills should look elsewhere.

Like this? Share it using the links below!