Like Tree181853Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th July 2011, 11:58 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
ok, but look at the last 5 films hes made...all dogs...IMO.
Bad Lieutenant was excellent.

Not seen Drive or Season though.

The only absolute rubbish he's made in the last few years is Bangkok Dangerous.
Old 14th July 2011, 11:58 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
You're a mental. Kick-Ass was incredible. Bad Lieutenant was great.

Going back before that you've got WTC, Adaptation, The Weather Man, Bringing Out The Dead, Face Off, 8mm, The Rock, Leaving Las Vegas, Trapped In Paradise, Wild at Heart and Raising Arizona. All great films!
oops forgot about the 'Ass....cant agree about BL:PONO...big fan of the original...sue me its S H I T E Y IMO. WTC? i try not to watch propaganda myself..cough cough...i remember a little film called Vampires Kiss...go check that out if you can....the seeds of his demise were always there.....
Old 14th July 2011, 12:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Slightly off-topic, but exactly what propaganda is in WTC? Considering (and surprisingly) as it's an Oliver Stone film, there is barely any socio-political viewpoint, is just a dramatisation of recorded facts. I'm not trying to start a war time debate, as we're straying ever so slightly OT, but I am intrigued as to your view that WTC is a propaganda film?
Old 14th July 2011, 12:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
You're a mental. Kick-Ass was incredible. Bad Lieutenant was great.

Going back before that you've got WTC, Adaptation, The Weather Man, Bringing Out The Dead, Face Off, 8mm, The Rock, Leaving Las Vegas, Trapped In Paradise, Wild at Heart and Raising Arizona. All great films!
I think you are the only person I have ever encountered who thought 8mm was a good film. I genuinely thought it was one of the worst films I have ever seen in my life. The Rock was nearly as bad.

Others you mention are excellent though (Bringing Out The Dead, Raising Arizona, Wild At Heart and Kick-Ass especially)
Old 14th July 2011, 12:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
I think you are the only person I have ever encountered who thought 8mm was a good film. I genuinely thought it was one of the worst films I have ever seen in my life. The Rock was nearly as bad.

Others you mention are excellent though (Bringing Out The Dead, Raising Arizona, Wild At Heart and Kick-Ass especially)
I enjoyed 8mm, especially Gandolfini and Stormare, because I'm a big fan of both.

As for The Rock, it's a guilty pleasure admittedly, but I think it's the last great US blockbuster. I think it's the only good film that Michael Bay's ever made, and a eulogy to Don Simpson. We've never seen films like it since, just piss poor imitations, as I think they died with Simpson.
Old 14th July 2011, 06:18 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

here i come with my nic cage love...

I love Nic Cage, he makes shit now but has made some seriously badass movies,
Con Air
The Rock
Face/Off
being the best of his action movies then you have great stuff like MoonStruck, Vampires Kiss, Bad Lt: Port of Call New Orleans, Amos and Andrew with Sam Jackosn, Leaving Las Vegas, Lord Of War, Raising Arizona, Guarding Tess, Wild at Heart, Wings of The Apache, Red Rock West...etc....

He really has made some great films and IMO National Treasure 2 is what Indiana Jones 4 should have been, i love those two national Treasure flicks.

Here's his imdb page....NIC CAGE IMDB PAGE
Old 14th July 2011, 06:21 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
here i come with my nic cage love...

I love Nic Cage, he makes shit now but has made some seriously badass movies,
Con Air
The Rock
Face/Off
being the best of his action movies then you have great stuff like MoonStruck, Vampires Kiss, Bad Lt: Port of Call New Orleans, Amos and Andrew with Sam Jackosn, Leaving Las Vegas, Lord Of War, Raising Arizona, Guarding Tess, Wild at Heart, Wings of The Apache, Red Rock West...etc....

He really has made some great films and IMO National Treasure 2 is what Indiana Jones 4 should have been, i love those two national Treasure flicks.

Here's his imdb page....NIC CAGE IMDB PAGE
Nicolas Cage's best role - Fu Man Chu!

Greetings!
Old 14th July 2011, 07:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yes! Embrace the CAGE.
Old 14th July 2011, 08:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post

I really liked 8mm so now you know 2 people that like it

Watched Grown Ups. I like this film and find it quite funny. Then again I like most of Adam Sandler's films
Baseball Fury likes this.
Old 14th July 2011, 08:37 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Just watched Grindhouse as a whole. Planet Terror is great in either form, the shorter cut is probably the one that will get the most re-watched though, and I much preferred Death Proof in a shorter form. The only thing I missed was the butterfly lap dance but other than that I thought it flowed a lot better and I enjoyed it more than the longer version.

Like this? Share it using the links below!