Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree181802Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th August 2011, 11:44 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched Mirrors 2 last night. Not a patch on the first film, but enjoyable all the same.
Old 30th August 2011, 11:47 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

im well annoyed I was not able to go Frightfest on Saturday or Sunday as I wanted to see The Divde, Innkeepers and Kill List.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 30th August 2011, 12:17 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Just watched MARTYRS - really good for the first hour, then turned shit.
I agree with you there
Enjoyed the film a lot but it then goes into a different direction with the rich people wanting to know about martyrdom and beyond
Some sscenes reminded me of Hellraiser, but Martyrs got disappointing after an hour or so
Old 30th August 2011, 12:22 PM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

BLOOD AND BLACK LACE
Bava's classic giallo a must for Arrow to release
with correct OAR unlike my R1 VCI dvd
platostotal likes this.
Old 30th August 2011, 12:25 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Scarecrows (1988) is a very strange film.
Like it though.
That's one of my favourites! Very creepy indeed with some nice gore effects.

Last edited by mr 420; 31st August 2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 30th August 2011, 02:36 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

watched From dusk Till Dawn this morning, again another film i can watch over and over again, Clooney's Seth Geko is a brilliant performance even Tarantino is good as Richie Geko, takes a full hour before the 'twist' and then it's full speed ahead with the vamps...AWESOME
Old 30th August 2011, 07:56 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
just finished watching Nightmares In A Damaged Brain, **** me was that film top notch, shame the R2 disc is pants. It was a combination of Psychological Docu Slasher, ****ing loved it. Dunno if it's still or was ever cut but it was very tame compared to some and what a neat twist at the end. Arrow really need to give this the white box treatment. Man im still buzzing off this.
Old UK dvd had some gore cut.
Old 30th August 2011, 08:05 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I couldn't resist it when out with the kids today..."Scooby-Doo meets Batman" It's two half hour programmes from 1972 where Mystery.Inc team up with Batman and Robin to take on the Joker and Penguin. Batman and Robin are even camper than in the 60s tv show! It's great stuff.

Speaking of Scooby, anyone watching the new show on kids tv. It has a great running joke about Shaggy going out with Thelma only to dump her and move Scooby in with him! There is also a character called H.P.Hatecraft who gets the sack from his job at a university, only to be replaced by the author of teen vamp novel, "Dusk"!
Old 30th August 2011, 08:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I couldn't resist it when out with the kids today..."Scooby-Doo meets Batman" It's two half hour programmes from 1972 where Mystery.Inc team up with Batman and Robin to take on the Joker and Penguin. Batman and Robin are even camper than in the 60s tv show! It's great stuff.

Speaking of Scooby, anyone watching the new show on kids tv. It has a great running joke about Shaggy going out with Thelma only to dump her and move Scooby in with him! There is also a character called H.P.Hatecraft who gets the sack from his job at a university, only to be replaced by the author of teen vamp novel, "Dusk"!
Ha ha, that's all me & the kids have watched all summer, new Scooby show isn't half as good as the old ones

The boat can leave now, tell the crew
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 30th August 2011, 09:45 PM
Cultist

Watched "Pontypool" tonight. Very odd movie but surprisingly enjoyable (considering nearly all of it is set in the same room with hardly any on screen "action"). Definate case of love it or hate it. Apparantly the makers were influenced by Orson Welles famous radio broadcast and there is a radio version of this. I'd love to hear it.

Also watched "Welcome to the jungle" last night. I'd heard bad things and wasn't expecting to enjoy it at all but I thought it was actually ok.

Like this? Share it using the links below!