Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree181797Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th September 2011, 10:40 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

THE PIGKEEPER'S DAUGHTER-cute pig, shit film.

SASSY SUE- like the above but with a cow.
Old 17th September 2011, 12:59 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

just seen a new drama thriller called The Ledge.

starring Liv Tyler and Patrick Wilson.

i enjoyed it and it was pretty sad at the end. it was well made and acted movie.

plot is basicly a police officer finds a guy standing at the edge of a building ready to jump off and he starts to talk to the guy to find out why and then the guy tells him his story and you watch as you find out what happened.

8/10

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 17th September 2011, 06:51 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Did you like that one? I remember trying to sit through it back when I was at Uni - think I managed half an hour before giving up . . .
Yeh, I liked it a lot. It's not an easy watch by any stretch of the imagination, but the general conceit of the one take is done so well, and setting the whole thing in one of the world's greatest museums seemed to be an extremely clever artistic choice and budget saving device.

Midnight Video 26: The Great Silence, My Favourite Year and Brain Damage
Old 17th September 2011, 09:09 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Well today I woke up and decide to watch the Deep Red BD ,better than a cup of coffee
Old 17th September 2011, 09:12 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phurious View Post
Yeh, I liked it a lot. It's not an easy watch by any stretch of the imagination, but the general conceit of the one take is done so well, and setting the whole thing in one of the world's greatest museums seemed to be an extremely clever artistic choice and budget saving device.

It's one of the many titles I think I'd enjoy more now I'm a bit older, but the idea is tainted by the memory of the first viewing. Same with the Japanese film After Life. It's probably amazing, but it remains the only film where I've fallen asleep in the cinema, surrounded by hardened cinephiles . . .
Old 17th September 2011, 09:26 AM
Cult Acolyte

Wampyre

Being the Italian cut of Romero's Martin, with 'legendary' Goblin score. It's ten minutes shorter than the original cut, shedding several dialogue scenes, losing much of its impact as a character piece. The relationship between Martin and his cousin Christina is all but lost, along with Savini's scenes. The plot is needlessly jumbled (the opening train murder is shown later on in flashback), it's very jarring being so familiar with Romero's cut! The prog-rock Goblin score goes totally against the grain of the mournful tone - the sequence where Martin creeps around a victim's house is set to a frantic drum solo! Watch for the novelty value only . . .
Old 17th September 2011, 09:37 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
It's one of the many titles I think I'd enjoy more now I'm a bit older, but the idea is tainted by the memory of the first viewing. Same with the Japanese film After Life. It's probably amazing, but it remains the only film where I've fallen asleep in the cinema, surrounded by hardened cinephiles . . .
Hardened cinephiles! Ooo eerrr!

Old 17th September 2011, 09:39 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
Well today I woke up and decide to watch the Deep Red BD ,better than a cup of coffee
One of my favourite Argento flicks!

Greetings!
Old 17th September 2011, 09:43 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phurious View Post
Hardened cinephiles! Ooo eerrr!
Ha! No, not like that.... they were an annoyingly pretentious crew, the Uni cinema club. One of the times we went to see Vincenzo Natali's Cypher, which I really enjoyed, but the organiser apoligised to everyone afterwards for the pick, buncha bloody snobs . . .
Old 17th September 2011, 09:51 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Ha! No, not like that.... they were an annoyingly pretentious crew, the Uni cinema club. One of the times we went to see Vincenzo Natali's Cypher, which I really enjoyed, but the organiser apoligised to everyone afterwards for the pick, buncha bloody snobs . . .
If it's not black and white and or/or Russian you can never please a uni cinema club

No doubt they could quote chunks of Cahiers du cinema and would earnestly hope to have their letters printed in Sight & Sound

I bet they're all raging gore hounds now!

Like this? Share it using the links below!