Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree181797Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th October 2012, 10:29 PM
Cult Addict

Just watched DEATH STOP HOLOCAUST. An entertaining slice of grindhouse homage from the director of the sleeper. Does nothing origional but it does it well, a great look to the film and some entertaining set pieces.
Old 24th October 2012, 10:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I also have no idea what you're on about. I don't recall a twister in LOTR.
That
Old 24th October 2012, 10:45 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

THE DEVIL RIDES OUT Blu-ray.

Yes, the new effects enhance the film no end and yes the original version should also have been released. That out of the way, I f*cking love this film so much, my face is now aching from the huge grin I had on my face from watching it for the nth time. Lee's performance, which is an odd mix of fear and menace balances excellently against Grey's lizard like channelling of Crowley. It's my favourite performance from Lee, much more relaxed than his normal horror film personae yet incredible forceful and believable in both his character's weaknesses and strengths. The look of fear when he sees the genie is great as is the power and force he commands, when talking with the spirit of Tanith. What's really interesting is that at the climax of the film after dispatching genies, the devil in physical form and the Angel of Death, Lee's character is powerless against Grey's Satanist, for fear of what will happen if he repeats the spell he uses to banish the Angel of Death. For all his occult knowledge and power, it takes the unconditional love of a mother for her child to defeat evil. The film is always criticised for being antiquated yet what could be more contemporary than the power of love in a film which was filmed in August 1967, the so called Summer of Love.
Old 24th October 2012, 10:47 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
That
Looks like a dodgy giant caterpillar.
Old 24th October 2012, 10:53 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I have absolutely no idea, but it's undoubtedly more than 100 times. However, The Exorcist is my all-time favourite film, whereas The Lord of the Rings ones aren't.

Point taken though!
Over 100 times is amazing; I'm genuinely in awe Nos. Reminds me of when I saw Mark Kermode promoting his last book and asked if he was given the chance of giving up seeing up The Exorcist ever again in favour of still being able to see other films would be be able to do it. He said that since he's seen the film so many times and knows each frame off by heart he could easily live without seeing it again as he could effectively replay the film in his head.
Old 24th October 2012, 10:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Looks like a dodgy giant caterpillar.
And later becomes a twister !
Old 24th October 2012, 10:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I reckon since first seeing The Exorcist at the cinema in 1998, I've probably seen it almost 100 times myself, in fact going on what Kermode said, I once spent the entire films running time on the phone to an ex girlfriend as she watched it with her mates telling them when to hide behind their cushions, that's how well I know the film!
Biggest waste of credit ever considering how expensive it was back to call mobiles back then!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 24th October 2012, 11:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

'Playgirls and the Vampire' (1960) Story was somewhat similar to Hammer's Dracula Prince of Darkness! A group of travellers find themselves at a dark castle where they start to get picked off! Not a great movie but it passed the time!
Old 24th October 2012, 11:57 PM
Cult Addict

Zombie 108.

It's a bunch of stuff that happens then it ends, not actually sure exactly what it is I just watched.
Old 25th October 2012, 06:06 AM
Cult Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Zombie 108.

It's a bunch of stuff that happens then it ends, not actually sure exactly what it is I just watched.
Gosh!

I've seen lots of films like that!!!
Demoncrat likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!