Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree180744Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd February 2013, 12:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

An exciting day at SShaw towers - ironing this afternoon, so I put Wings of Desire on to keep myself amused. I am a great admirer of Wim Wenders work, and Wings of Desire is just sublime. In keeping with the five word reviews in some of the posts above:

Wings of Desire - An angel sent from heaven
trebor8273 and SharonLynette like this.
Old 3rd February 2013, 01:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Watched these over last couple of days, apart from rocky horror which im just about to watch.
I could easily watch the Sweet Transvestite scene on repeat - some brilliantly camp acting from Sarandon and Curry
Rik likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 3rd February 2013, 01:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Which version is better of rocky horror, UK or USA, and is it worth watching black and white opening ?
Old 3rd February 2013, 01:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The Bourne Legacy

Seriously underrated - liked Jeremy Renner as Bourne without the baggage. Good dependable villains in Norton and Keach. Rachel Weisz was a good companion - not as good as Franka, but much better than Julia Styles. Very good action sequences.

I did not like Bourne Ultimatum all that much, so for me - this was return to form.
Old 3rd February 2013, 01:19 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Which version is better of rocky horror, UK or USA, and is it worth watching black and white opening ?
UK version has an extra song in it at the end, I've not watched the B&W opening, I don't think it would add anything to the movie.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 3rd February 2013, 01:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Top Gun - No plot, Iceman owns it.
Rik and trebor8273 like this.
Old 3rd February 2013, 01:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
UK version has an extra song in it at the end, I've not watched the B&W opening, I don't think it would add anything to the movie.
Thanks
Old 3rd February 2013, 01:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
When you put it like that I can see your point, but the MPs and reporters were still very naive and gullible to go with it - I feel that the video tapes shouldn't have been handed over to young children, and some classification or indeed common sense from the shop owners should have been in place, but there is no way that films 'make' people behave in a certain way. You're either a looney psycho or you're not.

No offence to our loonies
Lets be honest the world is full of idiots loonies and weirdo"s and have been long before the birth of horror and gore, the world has always been full of dictatorships and people who have commited horrendous crime or tried to take over the world like Hitler, And how many films are based on true stories ed gein for eg, You had jack the rippper, so whats their exscuse do people have one for these you cant exactly blame their crimes on films and video games, This type of thing has been happening long before films video games etc ever exsisted always have and always will its just all to easy now to make a exscuse and blame someones crimes on games and films than the actualy cause of the real problem to why they did what they did..
Justin101 and trebor8273 like this.

Last edited by gag; 3rd February 2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 3rd February 2013, 02:00 PM
Cult Master

download (1).jpg images.jpg download.jpg
Old 3rd February 2013, 02:18 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Quote:
At the end of the film, when the castle takes off, the next scene in the UK version is the full version of the song 'Super Heroes':

In the US version, when the castle takes off, the scene fades to the end of the song, with the narrators monologue

In addition to that, the UK version has the song 'Science Fiction/Double Feature (reprise)' over the end credits...

...and then the instrumental version of 'The Time Warp', while the US version doesn't include the 'Science Fiction' reprisal

Quote:
Quote:
I've not watched the B&W opening, I don't think it would add anything to the movie.
The original idea for the start of the film was to film it in BW, until the scene where Frank first appears, and throws off his cloak, when it would burst into colour - a homage to 'The Wizard of Oz' maybe?

This version of the full movie can be found as a hidden feature on the 2001 'special edition' DVD. It's an interesting curio, but as Mr. 101 states, it doesn't really make a big difference to the overall film

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!