Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree181802Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th July 2013, 11:13 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Castle freak

Fantastic job done on this by 88 films. Great film one of my favourite full moon titles. Jeffrey Combs fantastic as always, a very underrated actor. Word of warning dangling balls in HD!! 8/10

Hot shots

Lot better than I remember, spoofing a lot of movies top gun, fabulous baker boys and ghost amongst others. Interesting to see two and a half men was not the first time Charlie sheen and John cryer had worked together. Foe me the highlight was Lloyd bridges character who was really just a variation on the one in airplane. 7/10 might watch the sequel tonight

Solomon Kane

Really enjoyed this dark fantasy. In my opinion a great cast and James purefoy gives another good performance. Always found the character of Kane a better character than Howard's other creation Conan. Shame it did poorly at box office 7.5/10

The brood

One of cronenberg's best, still as disturbing now as when I first watched it. Great picture quality. Those children still as creepy as ever and in HD the birthing scene is even more sicking 10/10
Old 16th July 2013, 11:18 AM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Castle freak

Fantastic job done on this by 88 films. Great film one of my favourite full moon titles. Jeffrey Combs fantastic as always, a very underrated actor. Word of warning dangling balls in HD!! 8/10

Hot shots

Lot better than I remember, spoofing a lot of movies top gun, fabulous baker boys and ghost amongst others. Interesting to see two and a half men was not the first time Charlie sheen and John cryer had worked together. Foe me the highlight was Lloyd bridges character who was really just a variation on the one in airplane. 7/10 might watch the sequel tonight

Solomon Kane

Really enjoyed this dark fantasy. In my opinion a great cast and James purefoy gives another good performance. Always found the character of Kane a better character than Howard's other creation Conan. Shame it poorly at box office 7.5/10

The brood

One of cronenberg's best, still as disturbing now as when I first watched it. Great picture quality. Those children still as creepy as ever and in HD the birthing scene is even more sicking 10/10
I loved the Hot Shots films when I was younger, back then I was obsessed with spoof films like Airplane and The Naked Gun so films like that were addictive to me a good ten years ago. I really liked Solomon Kane although I was probably one of the three people who saw it theatrically. Shame the director Michael J. Bassett then made the awful second Silent Hill film. The Brood was my second Cronenberg film and still remains a firm favourite, only a gnat's wing behind Videodrome for me.
troggi likes this.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)
Old 16th July 2013, 12:00 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
Where the hell did you dig those up from?
They are from Boat Trip.

A film i can't recommend as today's comedies are so divisive. But i really enjoy it. In fact it seems the ideal film to watch tonight in this hot weather.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ProductImage-2864317.jpg (30.8 KB, 8 views)
Zann and troggi like this.
Old 16th July 2013, 12:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Saturday Night Fever

I had never seen this film and with it coming on Blu I thought it was time I saw it. Well I enjoyed it for what it was. A film about dancing in clubs to Bee Gees music contrasted with shit home life. I can see why it's an 18 rating and Im glad I bought it. I will watch it again in the near future.
bdc and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 16th July 2013, 12:39 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
Saturday Night Fever

I had never seen this film and with it coming on Blu I thought it was time I saw it. Well I enjoyed it for what it was. A film about dancing in clubs to Bee Gees music contrasted with shit home life. I can see why it's an 18 rating and Im glad I bought it. I will watch it again in the near future.
I remember years ago the first time i watched Saturday Night Fever going in expecting a stupid film about dancing but what i saw was something totally unexpected. The film is so down beat and has a real darkside to counter act all the fancy dancing bright lights and flash cloths.

Or maybe has a horror fan im trying to justify my liking of the film by saying its dark.
bdc and Slippery Jack like this.
Old 16th July 2013, 12:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
I remember years ago the first time i watched Saturday Night Fever going in expecting a stupid film about dancing but what i saw was something totally unexpected. The film is so down beat and has a real darkside to counter act all the fancy dancing bright lights and flash cloths.

Or maybe has a horror fan im trying to justify my liking of the film by saying its dark.
I really need to check this out. Have you seen Pablo Larrain's film Tony Manero? Now THAT'S dark . . .
Old 16th July 2013, 05:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
They are from Boat Trip.

A film i can't recommend as today's comedies are so divisive. But i really enjoy it. In fact it seems the ideal film to watch tonight in this hot weather.
I was going to say it can't be from Bond but wasn't going to stick my neck out. Phew! Childhood hero still in check.
Demdike@Cult Labs and troggi like this.
Old 16th July 2013, 05:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
I was going to say it can't be from Bond but wasn't going to stick my neck out. Phew!
Whaa? He looks about 100 in those shots . . .
Zann likes this.
Old 16th July 2013, 05:05 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Whaa? He looks about 100 in those shots . . .
He wasn't a spring chicken in his first outing (poor choice of words considering the ongoing discussion) Live and Let Die.
Old 16th July 2013, 07:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Murders In The Rue Morgue (1932)

The Werewolf Of London (1935)

Dracula's Daughter (1936)

Like this? Share it using the links below!