All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree181816Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th August 2013, 07:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default my name is earl

To quote EARL MCGRAW
Quote:
"Well, it's been one long goddamn hot miserable shit-ass ****in' day every inch of the way."
So im watching Army of Darkness again,oh wait perhaps i should of watched from From Dusk Till Dawn
troggi likes this.
Old 7th August 2013, 07:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

A Day of Violence

I walked out of this at Fab Fest a few years ago, not because of the violence but because it was so badly written, directed, photographed and acted.

So I am not sure why I bought it on Blu-Ray when I saw it on the shelf on Monday - I guess this is all part of the sickness we call being a cult film fan.

Still I did buy it and now have the dubious honour of having sat through its full running length.

And it really was as bad as I remembered and gets worse from the point I walked, fully justifying my decision at the time.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) the German version has been cut by around 4 minutes (much of it from the key scene at the beginning if memory serves) meaning that I only wasted a further 87 minutes of my life.

One to avoid - and if you won't listen to my warning I can furnish you with an almost new German blu-ray (including a whole second disc of extras) for the princely sum of £15 of your English pounds or 20 Euros.
troggi likes this.
Old 7th August 2013, 09:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

New die hard,

Wasn't REALY that impressed I feel all the latest films like die hard, Indiana jones, rocky are more just cashing in on The franchise and not REALY concentrating on the concept of the films, the dialogue are sometimes bit corny and cheesy, story weak and the action is naff , ott and as much a possible, and they try to hard to make the film work and get noticed as where REALY it does the opposite effect and gets panned.
Either stick to the real concept of the films and franchise or just don't bother at all, they are ok as a stand alone film and time waster but nothing more nothing less.
troggi likes this.
Old 7th August 2013, 09:54 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
New die hard,

Wasn't REALY that impressed I feel all the latest films like die hard, Indiana jones, rocky are more just cashing in on The franchise and not REALY concentrating on the concept of the films, the dialogue are sometimes bit corny and cheesy, story weak and the action is naff , ott and as much a possible, and they try to hard to make the film work and get noticed as where REALY it does the opposite effect and gets panned.
Either stick to the real concept of the films and franchise or just don't bother at all, they are ok as a stand alone film and time waster but nothing more nothing less.
Was it just me or did anyone else actually manage to forget most of the new die hard half an hour after viewing? I know I watched it but the best discription of the plot I could give was 'explosions'
gag and troggi like this.
Old 7th August 2013, 09:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

I like how it's so unmemorable you forgot the title . . .
Old 7th August 2013, 09:59 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
I like how it's so unmemorable you forgot the title . . .
I actually saw it in CEX today and for the life of me its escaped me! I could google it but life is too short.
troggi likes this.
Old 7th August 2013, 10:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Was it just me or did anyone else actually manage to forget most of the new die hard half an hour after viewing? I know I watched it but the best discription of the plot I could give was 'explosions'
I just find now all they do is try and cram as much ott action, stunts, explosives etc as possible, NO just actual concentrate on making a decent film just because it has loads of action stunts etc DOESN'T necessary make it a good film
keirarts and troggi like this.
Old 7th August 2013, 10:10 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I just find now all they do is try and cram as much ott action, stunts, explosives etc as possible, NO just actual concentrate on making a decent film just because it has loads of action stunts etc DOESN'T necessary make it a good film
I have no problems with popcorn movies, but the Die hard films have been steadily dropping in quality after part 3.
troggi likes this.
Old 7th August 2013, 11:06 PM
Cult Addict

I quite enjoyed Die Hard 5. I'm not saying it's a good film, just that I enjoyed it.
Old 7th August 2013, 11:28 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

Just got back from the Prince Charles Cinema in London doing a second run of the 35mm print they obtained of Michael Mann's The Keep. Second time I've seen the film and I still absolutely love it, warts and all. I do hope one day a Blu will be on the cards.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)

Like this? Share it using the links below!