Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree181813Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th August 2013, 10:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
The Goatman Murders- This film cost me £1.27, that's exactly £1.26 more than the films budget
Gotta admit, it was enjoyable enough shite, with some crazy assed kills, a cheapo rubber masked killer and a shot of a bloke having a piss
I actually laughed out loud during the end scene, brilliant! It's back in it's case now, where I reckon i will stay for a long time
I don't want to say "I told you so!"

Monster Magnet
Old 16th August 2013, 11:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just remembered that I didn't rate "The Last Man on Earth". I use such films as "The Omega Man" and "Soylent Green" as standard 10/10 movies. Vincent Price, as I mentioned before plays the part of Morgan with great sympathy and makes us feel for him in a way that Chuck Heston couldn't do if he tried. 14/10 for that sympathy and ladies with far too much hairspray!
trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.

Monster Magnet
Old 16th August 2013, 11:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
I don't want to say "I told you so!"
I knew what I was letting myself in for, don't worry
troggi likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 17th August 2013, 01:55 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Another too add at some point to my to watch pile
Me too - it looks interesting.

Quote:
The Last Man on Earth (1964)
Richard Matheson's novel "I am Legend" has certainly caught the attention of Hollywood!

"The Last Man on Earth" (1964)
"The Omega Man" (1971)
"I Am Legend" (2007)
"I Am Omega" (2007)

I have only seen 3 of the 4 so cannot comment on "I Am Omega" but out of the other three there isn't a bad film among 'em!
I love The Last Man on Earth, not only for Price's more forlorn, under-stated performance, but because the film just imbibes the feeling of loneliness throughout. I find The Omega Man to be a bit more hokey and cheesy, but it still manages to entertain. I didn't care much for I Am Legend - awful effects that can't help but distract, plus I'm not a fan of Smith as an actor at all really. Like you, I also haven't seen I Am Omega.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShaw View Post
Foxy Brown. Enjoyable, but IMHO not the best of the Blacksploitation films.
It's a decent entry into the sub-genre, but my favourite remains Cohen's Black Caesar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I knew what I was letting myself in for, don't worry
I am still yet to be a victim of the Goatman. I'm sure it won't be too long before I am drawn into his evil clutches, though.
troggi and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 17th August 2013, 05:34 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Me too - it looks interesting.

I love The Last Man on Earth, not only for Price's more forlorn, under-stated performance, but because the film just imbibes the feeling of loneliness throughout. I find The Omega Man to be a bit more hokey and cheesy, but it still manages to entertain. I didn't care much for I Am Legend - awful effects that can't help but distract, plus I'm not a fan of Smith as an actor at all really. Like you, I also haven't seen I Am Omega.
Curiously Richard Matheson didn't work on Last man on earth and he actually didn't care for the film either. A shame really as I fully agree that it's probably the closest version of the book. Really hated the Will Smith one, the vampires looked too much like monsters. The point is they should should still look very human.
Fortunately Matheson didn't hold too much of a grudge because at this point he was doing some incredible work with AIP writing screenplays and had worked on a lot of the Corman Poe films. He'd also write COMEDY OF TERRORS which has one of the best screenplays in my opinion.
Old 17th August 2013, 06:25 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default survival of the fittest

Quote:
Just remembered that I didn't rate "The Last Man on Earth". I use such films as "The Omega Man" and "Soylent Green" as standard 10/10 movies. Vincent Price, as I mentioned before plays the part of Morgan with great sympathy and makes us feel for him in a way that Chuck Heston couldn't do if he tried. 14/10 for that sympathy and ladies with far too much hairspray!
PAH,moaning around being all lonely and trying to find a cure to save humanity is all very well,but the bottom line is when the shit goes down whats important is food and procreation,so grab them guns and get out there and kill them mutants and don't come back untill there all dead,now thats a movie.
Old 17th August 2013, 06:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The incredible melting man.

Ok but the real star is the makeup effects of the melting man. 6.5/10

City of lost children

Truly amazing, fantastic acting with absolutely stunning visual style and very disturbing and creepy. Watched the French version as heard bad things about the English dub. 10/10
keirarts and troggi like this.
Old 17th August 2013, 06:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
The incredible melting man.

Ok but the real star is the makeup effects of the melting man. 6.5/10

City of lost children

Truly amazing, fantastic acting with absolutely stunning visual style and very disturbing and creepy. Watched the French version as heard bad things about the English dub. 10/10
Incredible melting man watched few week back on horror channel , seem before its real cheese but entertaining cheese, city of lost children is a fantastic film.
troggi likes this.
Old 17th August 2013, 06:49 PM
Cult Addict

Watched The Incredible Melting Man a few nights back after recording off the horror channel a few weeks ago. First time. Really enjoyed it, great effects and very corny cheesy script. I was expecting something a little nastier but I actually found it to be quite fun.

Alien Nation with James Caan and Mandy Patinkin. Decent 80's sci-fi variation on the buddy cop movie.
trebor8273 and troggi like this.
Old 17th August 2013, 08:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Deranged

Highly disturbing and scary, but also I found very funny in places a wonderful performance from Robert blossom as he slowy descends further and further in to madness. To anyone like me who has not seen it before to yourself a favour a buy this classic, I dare say I enjoyed this more than Texas chainsaw massacre 10/10

Just remember The wages of sin is gonorrhea, syphilis, and death!

Deranged - "The wages of sin is gonorrhea, syphilis and death!" - YouTube

Next I shall watch the first film in the coffin joe box set.

Last edited by trebor8273; 17th August 2013 at 10:49 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!