Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree181797Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th August 2013, 08:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
Wes, you're a genius! To be able to find that from the sketchy details I gave shows an encyclopaedic knowledge of dodgy films. I tip my hat to you, "Guru of the B movie!"
Ah thanks, but I gotta put my hands up and say I discovered this trailer on the page I got the vintage News At 10 clip in the earlier post so the guru is only a lowly disciple, nothing more. Cool that we figured it out though ! I'm still trying to figure out a clip of a man pulled asunder by four horses tied to his limbs. Seen in the early 90's on the Deadly Earnest Horror Show (on an early incarnation of Sky) and seen again....nevermore !
troggi likes this.
Old 28th August 2013, 08:17 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
It was until false idols like Nine Inch Nails moved in and killed it for me...
I think the Crowley audio is from the poem "The Pentagram", it's been some time since I listened to the Crowley CD I own. As you can imagine it is more a curio than anything else.

Kill Your Idols, Wes.
Wes likes this.
Old 28th August 2013, 08:22 PM
Cult Addict

Thriller- They call her one eye.

thrill.jpeg

Watched this last night, i have seen the uncut one before but when i bought the film i went for the cut edition. I just find the hardcore inserts pointless and distracting and because of how the full eyeball scene was supposedly filmed i'd rather not have this playing on my mind.

Apart from all that i thought it worked better as a film for me this time. I really like the female lead and think she looks cool in her eye patch and long jacket blowing away the bad guys.

Its just a shame there's so much slow motion in the killing scenes, it kind of works in a weird hypnotic way, but they're just too drawn out. Surprisingly from the cover it's a much more serious film than you would expect, i wouldn't put it on when i'm looking for an purely entertaining watch.

Having said that i found the scenes when she's learning to drive, shoot and kick ass pretty entertaining. A good watch in my opinion but you can't beat 'Ms45 Angel of vengeance' in my mind for a good female revenge flick.

7/10
Old 28th August 2013, 08:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I think the Crowley audio is from the poem "The Pentagram", it's been some time since I listened to the Crowley CD I own. As you can imagine it is more a curio than anything else.

Kill Your Idols, Wes.
Yep, I remember it being a mucky recording... Yeah, NIN...but Trent Reznor did put together the excellent Natural Born Killers mixtape soundtrack so I'll let him off...
Old 28th August 2013, 08:33 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Yep, I remember it being a mucky recording... Yeah, NIN...but Trent Reznor did put together the excellent Natural Born Killers mixtape soundtrack so I'll let him off...
The soundtrack to NBK is the only decent part of the film for me other than Rodney Dangerfield buggering that scientology loon of an actress, who's name escapes me at the moment. Kern's FINGERED tells the same story in a fraction of the time. On a side note I know a woman who totally digs Marty Nations and his actions in FINGERED!
Old 28th August 2013, 08:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
The soundtrack to NBK is the only decent part of the film for me other than Rodney Dangerfield buggering that scientology loon of an actress, who's name escapes me at the moment. Kern's FINGERED tells the same story in a fraction of the time. On a side note I know a woman who totally digs Marty Nations and his actions in FINGERED!
Which is a nice segue way into me asking if you've seen this 2004 documentary...

Last edited by Wes; 29th August 2013 at 05:49 AM.
Old 28th August 2013, 08:59 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Which is a nice segue way into me asking if you've seen this 2004 documentary...

The picture isn't showing on my PC for some reason.
Old 28th August 2013, 09:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

You're Next.

A smart spin on the home invasion movie. It doesn't stray too far from the formula, but does so with intelligence and an underlying dark streak of humour. It maintains its indie credentials by at least having believable (and for the most part, not too Hollywood) characters who seem to make smart choices (mumbegore, then). Gruesomely inventive (although not excessive), smart, energetic and fun. I had a blast with it.

And as the poster has been plastered everywhere, one can only hope it encourages more people to spell "you're" correctly.
Old 28th August 2013, 09:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
The picture isn't showing on my PC for some reason.
Okay.... try this on...

Kill Yr Idols
Old 28th August 2013, 09:06 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Okay.... try this on...

Kill Yr Idols
No, I haven't but since Lung Leg is in it, I may have to borrow it from the woman I was talking about earlier with the Marty Nations fetish as I know she has it.
troggi likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!