Like Tree180767Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th September 2013, 03:09 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I asked them months ago, when they were in financial trouble, now they're getting back on track they might do.
I best shut up now before the Shameless Police set the dogs on me

We don't have dogs, only llamas.

Rik and Bringer Of Funerals like this.
Old 30th September 2013, 10:58 AM
Cult Acolyte

Dark Vengeance

Big Steve Seagal stars in this film (it's part of a TV series with two episodes spliced together to make a film - which has been happening with the last 8 or so of his films starting with Deadly Crossing).

I actually enjoyed it, there was hardly any fights and Steve plays a police officer who is investigating the murders of strippers all dying the same way. He actually acts his way through this film using his own voice. George Takai was in it playing a coroner anf Tzi Ma.

You could tell it was part of a series as the ending just cut off and I suppose the next one in the film lot (Street Wars) carries it on but I will consider buying the rest of these.

Blu ray features was nothing but a trailer
Old 30th September 2013, 11:11 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Watched EVIL DEAD (remake) the other day but struggled to get into it. I did like the cinematography and it kept me just about interested enough until the end but still, it wasn't great and would have been better if it was a separate entity rather than try to compete with a stone cold classic like THE EVIL DEAD.

Also tried to watch THE WICKER TREE yesterday but had to switch it off an hour in because it was utter tripe

Watched the Pang Brothers' THE MESSENGERS too and found that really enjoyable, loved the sunflower farm location - makes a change to corn! - and spooky goings on in the farmhouse. Also, it had 2 actors I really like which helps: Dylan McDermott (Hardware) and John Corbett (Northern Exposure). Recommended. Unlike the previous 2.
keirarts, SharonLynette and troggi like this.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 30th September 2013, 11:38 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default My last morning as a free woman

Beverly Hills Chihuahua (2008)*

Not my choice, in the morning I find it hard to string a sentence together and will easily agree to things if that means I don't have to try to communicates.

A mixture of action-packed live action and freaky cgi. I'm guessing chihuahuas don't have great union representation as they were being rolled about all over the place. Great film if you want a nowhere plot and animals looking concerned before being embellished with a cgi smiling mouth. Very Austen. Roll on the sequels.

I cried.

*Better films will be watched after I've been bitten and scratched by a kitten.
Old 30th September 2013, 12:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
Beverly Hills Chihuahua (2008)*

Not my choice, in the morning I find it hard to string a sentence together and will easily agree to things if that means I don't have to try to communicates.

A mixture of action-packed live action and freaky cgi. I'm guessing chihuahuas don't have great union representation as they were being rolled about all over the place. Great film if you want a nowhere plot and animals looking concerned before being embellished with a cgi smiling mouth. Very Austen. Roll on the sequels.

I cried.

*Better films will be watched after I've been bitten and scratched by a kitten.
My girlfriend has all 3 of these
troggi likes this.
Old 30th September 2013, 12:31 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I best shut up now before the Shameless Police set the dogs on me
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post

We don't have dogs, only llamas.

I have dogs and i would have set them on him but ones asleep and the others pissing up a lamp post.
Old 30th September 2013, 02:35 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I have dogs and i would have set them on him but ones asleep and the others pissing up a lamp post.
A shame it isn't pissing up Rik's trouser leg I also have a dog (a Jack Russell Terrier), but I don't think he'd be any use. He's a bit of a wuss.

Plus, the llamas are specially trained to go after people bad-mouthing Shameless
Old 30th September 2013, 03:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
I've just had a looksie an' it's only a DVD player at $35, their cheapest region free Blu-Ray player would work out to about $225 with shipping and a 240 volt PSU! I have been looking at this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-BDPS110...=IWPNY0ZMSZR55
Okay it's only DVD playback that is multi-whereabouts but that'll have to do for now! Has anyone had any experience with this model or, indeed, the sellers, AV Lounge?
Ah, bollocks, sorry there.
troggi likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 30th September 2013, 03:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Lads and Lasses, there Is a way of making all Panasonic & Pioneer Blu Ray players Blu Ray & DVD region free. It costs about £28 to do it and I can promise you have to follow what this guy say's to the letter to join his "ahem" forum and receive the download. Here you go and good luck:

FirmwareInfo.com • Index page
Old 30th September 2013, 03:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Halloween 4: The Return Of Micheal Myers (Dwight Little)

Since it has been decades since I watched this, I felt I had to give it one more try........

Then remembered why I hated it in the first place. This was about 3 minutes into it btw. A boring film imo, redolent of the period (bad thing), and DP wasn't even that great. Plus George P. Wilbur was too fat. And the ending sucks. And no nudity in a slasher film??

Never again.
keirarts and troggi like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!