Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree181813Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th April 2014, 11:25 PM
Cult Addict

Well don't expect to enjoy 'Martyrs'.
It's a great film though, that needs to be seen.
I didn't realise this film was by the same director. I'm gonna have to get this now, i kept thinking it looked interesting tho.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 25th April 2014, 11:46 PM
Active Cultist

Recent viewing has been Corbuccis Hellbenders, which i really enjoyed and a nice change of pace. Bullet for the General, seen this countless times now my favourite Spaghetti Western and looking better than ever on BD. Django Kill, again another ive seen many times but had to watch it on BD and it looked very nice indeed.
When i get time i shall be watching a contemporary film for a change that is V/H/S part 2. I quite enjoyed the first one so ill give it a chance. Almost forgot that i watched a film called the Purge recently, it was an average thriller.
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th April 2014, 09:54 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Clear History

Clearly brilliant. ****ing spelling BAH

larrydavid (1).jpglarrydavid (2).jpg
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Last edited by Rondadoronron; 26th April 2014 at 10:22 AM.
Old 26th April 2014, 10:21 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondadoronron View Post
It's not as nasty as Curb could be on occasion, but I rather enjoyed this bittersweet tale as well......
Rondadoronron likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th April 2014, 10:31 AM
Active Cultist

Death Watch - the 1980 one directed by Bertrand Tavernier and starring Harvey Keitel and Romy Schneider. This felt like 2 different films - 3/4 a dystopian sci fi a la World on a Wire, with the last section resembling an Ingmar Bergman, complete with Max Von Syndow ruminating on the meaning of life. I enjoyed both parts, especially the first hour featuring crystal clear Glasgow circa 1979 locations, a great slimy Harry Dean Stanton and a cameo by young (thin!) Robbie Coltrane. The fact Schneider and her young son (who has a tiny cameo) died shortly after filming gives the whole thing added poignancy especially given she plays a terminally ill woman. The Park Circus blu is a tenner on Amazon just now - recommended purchase.
Old 26th April 2014, 12:13 PM
Cult Addict

Just watched The Big Gundown, a film I'd not even heard of til recently that is now easily amongst my favourite westerns. The Grindhouse 4 disc set is also damn good, though I've not dug through the features yet the sheer amount of content for what (to me at least) is a relatively obscure spaghetti western is outstanding.
Old 26th April 2014, 03:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

This great chiller from 1933 was remade in 1953 as House Of Wax starring Vincent Price. Shot in 2 strip technicolor as was DR X (1932) also starring Fay Wray. If you are more familiar with the Price version, then there will be no real surprises here, just soak up the atmosphere of this 1930's classic.
Old 26th April 2014, 04:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Big Trouble In Little China (Arrow Blu) great fun and PQ was excellent.
Nemesis and trebor8273 like this.
Old 26th April 2014, 05:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears - 8.5/10

Improves upon the shortcomings of Amer, I enjoyed spotting all of the references, and the cheeky end credits music was the theme from All the Colours of the Dark I was ready to watch the film again as soon as it had finished.

Amusingly, the only other person in the screen with me was an elderly lady! Either she's a very adventurous viewer, or totally didn't know what kind of film she was in for
Old 26th April 2014, 05:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasteropod View Post
The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears - 8.5/10

Improves upon the shortcomings of Amer, I enjoyed spotting all of the references, and the cheeky end credits music was the theme from All the Colours of the Dark I was ready to watch the film again as soon as it had finished.

Amusingly, the only other person in the screen with me was an elderly lady! Either she's a very adventurous viewer, or totally didn't know what kind of film she was in for
Mate where did you see this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!