Like Tree181797Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th February 2015, 10:51 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Yeah, it passes the time pleasantly enough and in it's own way felt quite old fashioned with it's lack of gore and special effects which is no bad thing once in a while.
Yes it has that old American Gothic vibe along the same way as things like City of the Dead and Fall of the House of Usher.
Old 12th February 2015, 11:51 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
THE SKELETON KEY. Kate Hudson is an end of life nurse caring for John Hurt in this hokey slice of Southern Gothic dripping with hoodoo rites and all manner of jiggery pokery. Sadly the most sinister thing about this is the way the director manages to film almost all of Kate Hudson's scenes with her dressed only in knickers and T-shirt. Worth a look if it crops up on TV or if you wish to see Kate Hudson's arse every 5 minutes.
Well you got my attention!
Old 13th February 2015, 10:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Dracula Untold (2014) A wasted opportunity Shame really as I quite like Dracula pictures and had hoped this would be an epic. Instead we get a lot of CGI, no real story about Vlad's earlier days (whether true of fictional) and what looks and feels to me like a tacked on ending thats meant to tie it in with the Universal 'monsters' reboot ala Marvel's cinematic universe!
keirarts likes this.
Old 13th February 2015, 11:31 PM
Cult Addict

The trailer makes it look as if they're trying to turn him into a romantic superhero type, yawn.
I shows a huge group of bats attacking an army or something, I know Dracula can control bats etc, but if his power is that vast then everyone might as well slit their wrists and pour him a glass full, because no one would have a hope against him.
I will watch this at some point when it's cheap but i'm in no hurry.
Bring back lots of Blood and Boobs, that's my opinion.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 14th February 2015, 09:16 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Bring back lots of Blood and Boobs, that's my opinion.
The film is sadly lacking in both!
Old 14th February 2015, 09:47 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Generally, Vampire films (and especially those with a Dracula character) are something I enjoy. Even the silly Van Helsing had its great moments. However, I guess I'll take a pass on this one.

I just found this meme via a pretty popular search engine. It seems to sum up the movie pretty well.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dracula-untold-lee-von-count.jpg (80.1 KB, 72 views)
PaulD, keirarts and profondo rosso like this.
Old 14th February 2015, 09:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default What Films Have You Seen Recently?

Stargate

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423951782.543259.jpg

Forgotten how much I like this movie, a nice mix of action, adventure, science fiction and mythology or in the case of the movie Egyptology. With have a likeable cast of characters and a nicely paced story, only downsides are the gun ho america saves the day attitude and a very un-menacing villain, but apart from that it's all very enjoyable and a great sci fi movie that's spawned a franchise. Now that's out of the way , I now have 10 seasons of the tv series to watch. 8.5/10

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423952415.145430.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1423952429.563292.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423952440.303469.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1423952447.947255.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423952456.146944.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1423952464.416229.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423952472.159356.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1423952480.342427.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423952488.301157.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1423952495.978957.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423952503.877466.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1423952526.289495.jpg
Old 14th February 2015, 10:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

As well as five seasons of SG Atlantis and two of SGU.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 15th February 2015, 05:58 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I watched 50 Shades Of Grey last night, in my defence it was a Valentines Day treat for the missus. Never has a film about sex bored me so much. I wouldn't say it was bad, just incredibly 'meh'.

As a trade off, we watched Dazed And Confused when we got back. Volume right up, probably pissing off the neighbours. Last night was probably the twentieth time I've watched it. I've loved it on each occasion. Set a generation before I left school, in a different country, it still manages to encapsulate that final day. Just a wonderful film.
Old 15th February 2015, 06:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched Vicente Aranda's Blood Spattered Bride again last night. Another excellent adaption of the Carmilla story.

Alexandra Bastedo is the lesbian vampire who sets out to steal the gorgeous newly wed Susan (Bell From Hell's Maribel Martin), from her domineering husband Simon Andreu (Death Walks in High Heels).

This is an absolute classic Spanish cult horror film which is rich with atmosphere and a gothic feel.
One of my favourite scenes is were Susan's husband finds Bastedo nude under the sand with just a snorkel sticking out. Very unique.
The old Anchor Bay dvd still looks pretty good, but i'd upgrade it to bluray in a heart beat.

Like this? Share it using the links below!