Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree181853Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th November 2009, 04:23 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Attack Of The Killer Refrigerator sounds like a chilling film (there, it had to be said).
Old 26th November 2009, 04:24 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
I know, but its still not nice to look at.
Makes a nice pie though.
Old 26th November 2009, 04:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I've never tasted rabitt.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 26th November 2009, 05:21 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Default 555

[QUOTE=42ndStreetFreak;50405]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitchslicer View Post

What the hell is that?
And is that an old UK pre-cert cover, or an American one. LOVE that cover!
i think its maybe an american cover and yeah it looks great!

the film is awesome so much fun!

heres a bit of info of the coming dvd release by louis who runs www.massacrevideo.com

555...Every five years, within five days, unsuspecting couples are brutally murdered. Who is behind these blood-bath sex crimes? What does the third five mean?

Ukrainian-American Producer Director Wally Koz will take this bizarre tale of horror and splatter it across your mind. Prepare yourself for this blood-soaked psycho-thriller and please...watch your back next time you’re fooling around. 555

For any additional information/questions you may have please send an email to louiscjustin@gmail.com.

- First time on DVD!
- Beautiful print from the 1inch original master.
- 1988 gore fest!
- Unique cover featuring “SHOCKING” day glow pink background.
- Special Effects by Jeff Segal of “Re-Animator” and “Henry: Portraits of a Serial Killer” fame.

- Shot in Blood-Vivd Video for your Viewing Pleasure.
- Massacre Video exclusive release in custom case limited to 55 hand numbered copies.
- Normal release limited to 1000 numbered units.
- Two Audio Commentary Tracks
- Extensive Photo Gallery
- Liner notes
- 555 In Today’s World Slide Show
- 111 Days Away from True Evil: A Retrospective of 555 documentary featuring video interviews with some of the cast and crew.
- Easter Eggs

Extras may change!

Official press release sheets:

Last edited by Kyle; 27th November 2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 26th November 2009, 05:50 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

[QUOTE=bitchslicer;50486]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak View Post

i think its maybe an american cover and yeah it looks great!

the film is awesome so much fun!

heres a bit of info of the coming dvd release by louis who runs www.massacrevideo.com

555...Every five years, within five days, unsuspecting couples are brutally murdered. Who is behind these blood-bath sex crimes? What does the third five mean?

Ukrainian-American Producer Director Wally Koz will take this bizarre tale of horror and splatter it across your mind. Prepare yourself for this blood-soaked psycho-thriller and please...watch your back next time you’re fooling around. 555

For any additional information/questions you may have please send an email to louiscjustin@gmail.com.

- First time on DVD!
- Beautiful print from the 1inch original master.
- 1988 gore fest!
- Unique cover featuring “SHOCKING” day glow pink background.
- Special Effects by Jeff Segal of “Re-Animator” and “Henry: Portraits of a Serial Killer” fame.

- Shot in Blood-Vivd Video for your Viewing Pleasure.
- Massacre Video exclusive release in custom case limited to 55 hand numbered copies.
- Normal release limited to 1000 numbered units.
- Two Audio Commentary Tracks
- Extensive Photo Gallery
- Liner notes
- 555 In Today’s World Slide Show
- 111 Days Away from True Evil: A Retrospective of 555 documentary featuring video interviews with some of the cast and crew.
- Easter Eggs

Extras may change!

Official press release sheets:

Looks awesome BS - cheers for sharing. I'm definitely going to pick this one up!

Also: The Massacre Video site seems to be down at the mo - any idea when it's released?
Old 26th November 2009, 05:57 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

the last time i spoke to louis he was moving house i think and would have no internet for a while so maybe thats it! im going to email him and ask about it soon

im defo going for one of the custom case limited to 55 editions
Old 26th November 2009, 10:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

So...finally got around to watching Silent Night Bloody Night which I got from Poundland last month.

First off, I really liked this film. It's something of a forgotten gem in my opinion. A stylish and very atmospheric low budget slasher mystery (it's very much an "American Giallo" if you will) with a decent story and obvious regard and care in its making. Acting is more of the Messiah Of Evil/Let's Scare Jessica To Death dream-like thing and this adds to the general ambience very nicely.

The explanation to the basis of the mystery comes at the end in a lengthy and totally wonderful flashback sequence filmed in a beautiful Expressionist style in sepia. This just superb and it's worth sitting through the film just for this. Fabulous stuff.

However...there is a problem. A big problem. It is not with the film, but with the state of it. The film has fallen into the public domain and the quality of this release on the Stax label is simply appalling. The sound is very muffled and distorted and the visuals are murky, blurry, fuzzy and some scenes set in darkness are just black - often confusing the action.

The audio visual quality of this print was so bad I was hoping the film would be rubbish so that it didn't matter, but it is a brilliant little chiller and I think it matters a lot. Oh for something like what Code Red did for Messiah Of Evil or Synapse did for Lemora here! This is a film crying out for a wash and brush up.

Nonetheless, even in it abysmal public domain state, it is still worth watching. I am delighted to have discovered it. Now the hunt is on for a decent quality print!

* In fact, if those screenshots are anything to go by, that is a better version than my purchased DVD!
Old 26th November 2009, 10:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

SNBL is somewhere near the bottom in my 'to watch' pile, dont fancy it but i keep hearing good reviews so maybe I should push it further to the top.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Last edited by Pete; 27th November 2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 26th November 2009, 11:04 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I quite enjoyed this too Gojirosan. The climactic flashback scene is excellent.
Old 27th November 2009, 11:21 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
Watched Nekromantic this morning and I liked it. It was quite well made and the fx were good for such a low budget film and the music was excellent. The end made me laugh. Could have done without the killing of the rabbit though.
This is one film I really can't stand, I bought a VHS copy of Nekro directly from Buttgereit and I hated it! Sold it on after one viewing and never bothered with the sequel.I guess I was expecting something completely different to what I got after reading and hearing about the film for ages before I eventually bought it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!