Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree329Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th January 2014, 06:00 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Although he's made a lot of films i have no interest in he's also appeared in some very enjoyable ones as well. - The two Bad Boys Films, Men in Black, Enemy of the State, Wild Wild West, I, Robot, and the fantastic Hancock.
Perhaps it's just me but his casting alone is reason enough not to see a film. As for Wild Wild West imo it's one of the worst offenders for showcasing his repertoire of irritation methods.
Dave Boy likes this.
Old 17th January 2014, 06:03 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Any film starring Adam Sandler.
He does churn them out doesn't he...and whilst I can see your point You Don't Mess with the Zohan was pretty funny.
Old 17th January 2014, 06:10 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer time View Post
Team America: World Police-Juvenile shite
Wow. Just shows how different people can be. I thought it was great and if it made one person reconsider Geopolitics and US foreign policy it was worthwhile.
Old 26th January 2014, 02:13 PM
Cultist

A movie I bought on VHS called Survival 1990 the sleeve makes it look like animation,it isnt, however I am sure cartoon characters would have acted better,abysmal on every level.

Old 26th January 2014, 09:19 PM
Cultist

Personally I would love to see Survival 1990 - looks like just my kind of drek.

My recently watched contenders for the Worst Movie I Have Ever Seen:

Frauen für Zellenblock 9 (aka The Women in Cell Block 9 & Tropical Inferno 1978 ) - tatty, underachieving, nasty piece of shit Women in Prison film. Even by director Jess Franco's standards this was a piece of crap.

Frankenstein General Hospital (1988)

Ghoulies IV (1994)

Ice Cream Man (1995) Imagine what would happen if the Children's Film Foundation had decided to blow the year's tea money on a slasher film.

Hellbreeder (2004) - a horrendous mishmash of Killer Klown slasher IT! knockoff mixed with endless arty-grainy stuff which makes very little narrative sense. At ALL!

Movie 43 (2013)

Infection: the Invasion Begins (2010) bloody awful, very amateur rehash of The Invasion of the Body Snatchers / Slither routine. You would have thought this story had been done so many times it was bombproof - but no, this time it was so ineptly done it was unbearable. This made It Came From Outer Space 2 look REALLY good.

Any and all of the compulsively shite films of Richard Driscoll.

And just to reopen an old wound Tarkovsky's Solaris is BRILLIANT! probably my favourite film of all time.
Old 26th January 2014, 09:23 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Jerry Lewis? Really? The Nutty Professor and The Bellboy are great films imo.
And Funny Bones and The King of Comedy are pretty damn good too.
Old 26th January 2014, 09:26 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkMonkey View Post
Personally I would love to see Survival 1990 - looks like just my kind of drek.

My recently watched contenders for the Worst Movie I Have Ever Seen:

Frauen für Zellenblock 9 (aka The Women in Cell Block 9 & Tropical Inferno 1978 ) - tatty, underachieving, nasty piece of shit Women in Prison film. Even by director Jess Franco's standards this was a piece of crap.

Frankenstein General Hospital (1988)

Ghoulies IV (1994)

Ice Cream Man (1995) Imagine what would happen if the Children's Film Foundation had decided to blow the year's tea money on a slasher film.

Hellbreeder (2004) - a horrendous mishmash of Killer Klown slasher IT! knockoff mixed with endless arty-grainy stuff which makes very little narrative sense. At ALL!

Movie 43 (2013)

Infection: the Invasion Begins (2010) bloody awful, very amateur rehash of The Invasion of the Body Snatchers / Slither routine. You would have thought this story had been done so many times it was bombproof - but no, this time it was so ineptly done it was unbearable. This made It Came From Outer Space 2 look REALLY good.

Any and all of the compulsively shite films of Richard Driscoll.

And just to reopen an old wound Tarkovsky's Solaris is BRILLIANT! probably my favourite film of all time.
I remember Ghoulies 4 , think I lasted about 20mins lol.
Old 26th January 2014, 09:52 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxsimmus View Post
I remember Ghoulies 4 , think I lasted about 20mins lol.
I just remembered how I got to the end of it:

Old 26th January 2014, 11:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Jerry Lewis? Really? The Nutty Professor and The Bellboy are great films imo.
Nutty professor enjoyable really ?

95% of Eddie Murphy films are rubbish , 48hrs Beverley hills cops trilogy and trading places I think are the only films of his I enjoyed the rest I thought where rubbish OK shrek but he a voice over on that tho,
Old 26th January 2014, 11:54 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Nutty professor enjoyable really ?

95% of Eddie Murphy films are rubbish , 48hrs Beverley hills cops trilogy and trading places I think are the only films of his I enjoyed the rest I thought where rubbish OK shrek but he a voice over on that tho,

Pssst, Gag, I think Stephen@Cult Labs meant the original - with Gerry Lewis....

Like this? Share it using the links below!