Like Tree329Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th February 2014, 01:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post

HOW!?

YOU'RE MAD!!!!
Yes, I am mad. That's why I joined this site!

It's just my opinion. They are all films that I've either found really annoying or boring.
InDogWeTrust and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 11th February 2014, 01:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I agree that Fight Club is boring. but i thought Momento was a load of warm poop too and folks tend to like both.

I think i have a theory that social pressure and good psychology works its magic into the minds of most and we all buy into something that actually isn't that great. for example, wait until 30 years from now and all the orange (AND I MEAN FU*KING ORANGE!) women look at photos of themselves with their kids and think... Wow! i was actually the color of a damn orange! that's nothing like the color of skin that's been left out in the sun but in fact the color of a fruit from a tree! what was i thinking...

so maybe one day the fight club fans might think the same thing. im no different either, and i hope my comment makes sense and doesn't annoy folks. I also want to say i don't dislike women or men who want to be ORANGE but wish in fact that they would stop paying a sun tan company to be the color of an orange.

PS - my fiance agrees that Fight Club is brilliant and sheds light on the indulgence of hedonism and what that might mean. so i also don't want folks to think i believe they only like FC because the marketing that year was great! lol.
Old 11th February 2014, 02:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
I agree that Fight Club is boring. but i thought Momento was a load of warm poop too and folks tend to like both.

I think i have a theory that social pressure and good psychology works its magic into the minds of most and we all buy into something that actually isn't that great. for example, wait until 30 years from now and all the orange (AND I MEAN FU*KING ORANGE!) women look at photos of themselves with their kids and think... Wow! i was actually the color of a damn orange! that's nothing like the color of skin that's been left out in the sun but in fact the color of a fruit from a tree! what was i thinking...

so maybe one day the fight club fans might think the same thing. im no different either, and i hope my comment makes sense and doesn't annoy folks. I also want to say i don't dislike women or men who want to be ORANGE but wish in fact that they would stop paying a sun tan company to be the color of an orange.

PS - my fiance agrees that Fight Club is brilliant and sheds light on the indulgence of hedonism and what that might mean. so i also don't want folks to think i believe they only like FC because the marketing that year was great! lol.
I agree with you about orange women, but not Fight Club, that is simply a great film. I don't buy into peer pressure stuff with films (I don't think The Exorcist is very good).
Vipp likes this.
Old 11th February 2014, 02:15 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Every time I watch Fight Club I like it less.

No kidding, but when it was first released I ranked it amongst my top 10 films of all time and raved about it like a sick little fanboy. Since then I've watched it at least a dozen times and with each viewing have disliked it more and more to the point where it probably wouldn't even make it into my top 500 films now. It's gone from a 'woah how cool is this?!' kind of film to a bit of a laughable/farcical caricature of itself for me. I can't help but giggle to myself like a lunatic at some of the (now) painful monologues. I still own it but I haven't watched it in almost three years - it would probably be going to CEX (or in the bin!) if I did
Vipp and ArgentoFan1987 like this.

Last edited by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs; 11th February 2014 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11th February 2014, 02:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Anything starring Chuck Norris
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th February 2014, 03:24 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Anything starring Chuck Norris
That's just your dislike for an actor.

There's no way his films are any better or worse than anything by Seagal, JCVD, Dolph etc.

If it's anything by Norris then its also anything by them as well.
InDogWeTrust likes this.
Old 11th February 2014, 03:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
That's just your dislike for an actor.

There's no way his films are any better or worse than anything by Seagal, JCVD, Dolph etc.

If it's anything by Norris then its also anything by them as well.

Not necessarily, I enjoy a few, if not most, of Seagals and JCVD's films, I'm yet to see a Chuck Norris film I've enjoyed.
Just my opinion of course
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th February 2014, 04:05 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post

I too agree about the orange people, but like to think i have my own mind enough to make my own decisions about a film etc.
But i do agree that a lot of people are just being spoonfed mundane culture and films etc, and just lap it up without any kind of thought process involved.
But isn't that one of the points of Fight club, and yes i think it's a great film.
Vipp likes this.
Old 11th February 2014, 09:04 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Not necessarily, I enjoy a few, if not most, of Seagals and JCVD's films, I'm yet to see a Chuck Norris film I've enjoyed.
Way of the Dragon?

Just realised that you meant a starring role for Norris. My bad.
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 11th February 2014, 09:57 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

http://youtu.be/Qphxc1CiQYE

ArgentoFan1987 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!