Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree329Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th January 2015, 09:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenhooker View Post
The 2007 Hills Have Eyes Part II is pretty terrible. Craven's sequel isn't great, but the recent film makes it seem like The Exorcist or something.

Took me three attempts to get through it. Dire.
Oh, yeah. That was a slog to get through. My brother was watching it with me and he commented that the man emerging from the shitter summed up the entire film.

I was mostly disappointed that they didn't include a doggie flashback or something along those lines.

The trailer was great, however. It was laden with atmosphere and foreboding doom. And it was only about twenty seconds long.
Old 20th January 2015, 10:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default hills have eyes 2

Quote:
The 2007 Hills Have Eyes Part II is pretty terrible. Craven's sequel isn't great, but the recent film makes it seem like The Exorcist or something.

Took me three attempts to get through it. Dire.
the only bit i liked was where a mutant cut a guy's hand off on a cliff and waved at him with it as he fell down. i have a graphic novel somewhere that acts as a prequel/sequel think john higgins did art it was pretty good
keirarts likes this.
Old 20th January 2015, 10:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Not posted in this thread for 2-3 years so will post again ans combine my previous postings with films I have made the huge mistake of watching since those posts. Not everyone will agree but that's obvious each of us has our own tastes.

The Last Slumber party (scrapes the barrel of bad so hard the bottom fell out)

Wake The Witch (no please allow her to sleep...oh wait that's the viewer)

apartment 1303 (erm this rot even has Rebecca Demornay in what was she thinking)

Night train to Terror (More like Slow boat to bollocks)

Dark House ( Lesley Ann down lowers herself further if possible after sunset beach)

Motel Hell. I know this is a controversial one but I wanted to and tried to like this,I even tried it 4 times over 5 years,to me it is still a pile of steaming crap.

Terror Train. I love scream factory, I like Jamie lee Curtis but really both the company & the actress must have been desperate.

The Ghastly ones (the only ghastly thing about it was the time taken off my life i'll never get back)

Hell comes to frogtown (really arrow?) sold it on ebay.

Double Exposure... Boredom fest from scorpion releasing

Devil's Due.... due to ***k off hopefully!

The Devil Inside... calling this 2012 film a load of shit would be insulting shit.

Ghost Shark... the crew need sectioning! really? a shark that joins garden water slides to kill people ffs!

Gingerdead man... Gary Busey credited is seldom a good advertisement to watch any film but even he finds a new low.

Creepshow 3... man was this the ultimate 2 fingers to the fabntastic first 2 in the trilogy.

Birddemic I was saddened an amazing label like severin woiuld have this crud on it's label.

Jess Franco's Cannibal films... I know let's all watch some dudes jump up and down for 90 minutes with sticks in their hands
keirarts likes this.
Old 20th January 2015, 10:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Ghost Shark... the crew need sectioning! really? a shark that joins garden water slides to kill people ffs!
Old 20th January 2015, 10:55 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

The Last Slumber Party is a work of avant wonky genius.
Old 20th January 2015, 10:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I bought Motel Hell for a quid, sounds like I may of wasted my money.
Old 20th January 2015, 11:00 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I bought Motel Hell for a quid, sounds like I may of wasted my money.
A quid well spent. It's not as good as people say but entertaining none the less.
Old 20th January 2015, 11:03 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
A quid well spent. It's not as good as people say but entertaining none the less.
It was one of my Poundland purchases. I have a pile of about twenty films I bought from there, still in the cellophane.
Old 20th January 2015, 11:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I still have the MGM flipper disc of Motel Hell / Deranged. While I have upgraded Deranged to the excellent Arrow BD, I don't think I'll be doing the same for Motel Hell. It's an okay film, but not as good as Deranged.
keirarts likes this.
Old 20th January 2015, 11:07 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
It was one of my Poundland purchases. I have a pile of about twenty films I bought from there, still in the cellophane.
I did too until recently when after ignoring them all for over a year I traded them in at Cex for something I would actually watch!
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!