Like Tree1346Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st March 2012, 11:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Land of the Dead (2005)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
My favourite Romero zombie film, Land of the Dead. *

I watch it at least once a year, its a comfort film for me.

* I realise that is a statement that everyone else on here thinks is just f**kin stupid.
I agree there are certain films that i can watch over and over again,and Land is one of them
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 1st April 2012, 06:58 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default No Country for Old Men (2007)

No Country for Old Men (2007)

Ed Tom Bell: I was sheriff of this county when I was twenty-five years old. Hard to believe. My grandfather was a lawman; father too. Me and him was sheriffs at the same time; him up in Plano and me out here. I think he's pretty proud of that. I know I was. Some of the old time sheriffs never even wore a gun. A lotta folks find that hard to believe. Jim Scarborough'd never carried one; that's the younger Jim. Gaston Boykins wouldn't wear one up in Comanche County. I always liked to hear about the oldtimers. Never missed a chance to do so. You can't help but compare yourself against the oldtimers. Can't help but wonder how they would have operated these times. There was this boy I sent to the 'lectric chair at Huntsville Hill here a while back. My arrest and my testimony. He killt a fourteen-year-old girl. Papers said it was a crime of passion but he told me there wasn't any passion to it. Told me that he'd been planning to kill somebody for about as long as he could remember. Said that if they turned him out he'd do it again. Said he knew he was going to hell. "Be there in about fifteen minutes". I don't know what to make of that. I sure don't. The crime you see now, it's hard to even take its measure. It's not that I'm afraid of it. I always knew you had to be willing to die to even do this job. But, I don't want to push my chips forward and go out and meet something I don't understand. A man would have to put his soul at hazard. He'd have to say, "O.K., I'll be part of this world."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg No Country for Old Men.jpg (36.9 KB, 1 views)
Old 1st April 2012, 07:42 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default A History of Violence (2005)

A History of Violence (2005)

Carl Fogaty: This isn't a completely dead eye, it still works a bit. The problem is, the only thing I can see with it is Joey Cusack, and it can see right through him... right through your husband, Edie. I see what's inside him, what makes him tick. He's still the same guy. He's still crazy ****ing Joey! And you know it, don't you? How much do you really know about your husband, Edie? Where he's from, where he's been, his life before he met you some 20 years ago?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A History of Violence.jpg (84.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 1st April 2012, 07:53 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Man Who Would Be King (1975)

The Man Who Would Be King (1975)

Peachy Carnehan: Danny's only a man. But he break wind at both ends simultaneous - which is more, I reckon, than any god can do.

Daniel Dravot: You are going to become soldiers. A soldier does not think. He only obeys. Do you really think that if a soldier thought twice he'd give his life for queen and country? Not bloody likely.

Peachy Carnehan: Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Daniel Dravot: Now listen to me you benighted muckers. We're going to teach you soldiering. The world's noblest profession. When we're done with you, you'll be able to slaughter your enemies like civilized men.

Daniel Dravot: Peachy, I'm heartily ashamed for gettin' you killed instead of going home rich like you deserved to, on account of me bein' so bleedin' high and bloody mighty. Can you forgive me?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Man Who Would Be King (3).jpg (92.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg The Man Who Would Be King (2).jpg (91.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg The Man Who Would Be King (1975).jpg (88.8 KB, 1 views)
Old 1st April 2012, 07:59 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Men Who Stare at Goats (2009)

The Men Who Stare at Goats (2009)

Bob Wilton: Every single one of Bill's soldiers fired high. They instinctively hadn't wanted to shoot another person. Later Bill would come across a study which revealed that only 15-20% of fresh soldiers shot to kill. The rest aimed high, didn't fire at all, or pretended to be busy doing something else.

Bob Wilton: As we ran for cover, I thought this was what I wanted. I was on a mission, even if I didn't know what kind of mission it was. But I could hear the little man inside me again. He was screaming like a little girl.

Bill Django: Mother Earth, you're my life support system. As a soldier I must drink your blue water, live inside your red clay and eat your green skin. Help me to balance myself. As you hold in balance, the Earth, the sea, and the space environments. Help me to open my heart, knowing that the Universe will feed me. I pray my boots will always kiss your face, and my footsteps match your heartbeat. Carry my body through space and time. You're my connection to the Universe and all that comes after. I'm yours and you are mine. I salute you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Men Who Stare at Goats (3).jpg (104.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg The Men Who Stare at Goats .jpg (92.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg The Men Who Stare at Goats (2).jpg (99.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 1st April 2012, 08:13 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Moonraker (1979)

Moonraker (1979)
Dr. Holly Goodhead: You know him?
James Bond: Not socially. His name's Jaws, he kills people.

Hugo Drax: Mr. Bond, you persist in defying my efforts to provide an amusing death for you.

Hugo Drax: Why did you break up the encounter with my pet python?
James Bond: I discovered it had a crush on me.

Hugo Drax: James Bond. You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unloved season.

Dr. Holly Goodhead: Come on, Mr. Bond. A 70-year-old can take 3 G's.
James Bond: Well, the trouble is there's never a 70-year-old around when you need one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moonraker (1979).jpg (95.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Moonraker (2).jpg (49.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Moonraker (3).jpg (32.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 1st April 2012, 08:19 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default The New York Ripper (1982)

The New York Ripper (1982)

Dr. Barry Jones, Coroner: He used a blade. Stuck it up her joy trail, and slit her wide open. He could have done a slightly better job if he had more time. But overall, it was a good, efficient butchery.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New York Ripper.jpg (102.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 1st April 2012, 08:27 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Thick of It Episode #3.2 (2009)

The Thick of It Episode #3.2 (2009)

Malcolm Tucker: ****'s sake! Jesus Christ! We'll never get another ****ing adjective... 'til I get to ****ing smug and glum... we're ****ing retarded! Jesus Christ! Do you not think it would have been germane to check who you're talking to... It's a ****ing newspaper office, it's not a ****ing sanatorium for the ****ing deaf, is it? Are you so dense? Am I gonna have to run around slapping badges on people with a big tick on it, with a big cross on others so you know when to shut your gob and when to open it? Jesus Christ... Oh but that would probably confuse you as well, won't it, that'd be too confusing, you'd see the cross and go "oh, X marks the spot, better tell this little person all about the Prime Minister's ****ing catastrophic erectile dysfunction". Oh but, not to worry. Not to worry, you've sent ****ing Ollie over there to deal with it... ****ing Ollie! He's a ****ing knitted scarf... ****ing balaclava!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Thick of It Episode .jpg (50.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg The Thick of It Episode (2).jpg (37.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 1st April 2012, 02:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Life on Mars" Episode #2.4 (2007)

The morgue. GENE, CHRIS and RAY sit on the bench while the covered body is wheeled in. SAM is standing by the doorway through to the room with the examination table in it. He comes to stand by the bench next to the others.
RAY
So where'd you meet her?
CHRIS
At the ice rink. I skated over her thumb.
RAY
Well, take my advice. Get a pint of Pernod and black down her... do what you like to her after that.
SAM glances at him then sits down.
GENE
What are you hoping for, upstairs inside?
CHRIS
Don't really know, guv.
RAY
It's got to be inside downstairs, guv.
GENE
What, the first date? She's not a prozzie. Is she?
CHRIS
No.
GENE
No, first date, upstairs inside.
RAY
He's not gonna marry her.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Life on Mar Episode.jpg (91.2 KB, 1 views)
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 1st April 2012, 03:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Midnight Cowboy (1969)

Midnight Cowboy (1969)

Ratso Rizzo: You know, in my own place, my name ain't Ratso. I mean, it just so happens that in my own place my name is Enrico Salvatore Rizzo.
Joe Buck: Well, I can't say all that.
Ratso Rizzo: Rico, then.

Joe Buck: I like the way I look. Makes me feel good, it does. And women like me, goddammit. Hell, the only one thing I ever been good for is lovin'. Women go crazy for me, that's a really true fact! Ratso, hell! Crazy Annie they had to send her away!
Ratso Rizzo: Then, how come you ain't scored once the whole time you been in New York?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Midnight Cowboy (1969).jpg (92.8 KB, 1 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!