All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th October 2021, 09:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
You must have seen a different version of Hell Fest if you thought the cast was likeable haha
The main girl was a bit of annoying bitch but the others weren't as bad as most, the first girl definitely deserved it but the main group weren't to bad.

Compared to the twats in wrong turn remake they are downright lovable!
Old 24th October 2021, 09:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
The main girl was a bit of annoying bitch but the others weren't as bad as most, the first girl definitely deserved it but the main group weren't to bad.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg oh-yeah-i-ch65r6.jpg (42.0 KB, 46 views)
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 24th October 2021, 09:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
At times I think they make the cast as annoying as they can in American horrors of maybe that's just how they really are in life and that's normal behavior in America.
Old 24th October 2021, 09:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
At times I think they make the cast as annoying as they can in American horrors of maybe that's just how they really are in life and that's normal behavior in America.
Probably have but it ain't just America mate, British movies have done that in the last year, there are films where i'm begging the killer to end their suffering
Old 24th October 2021, 10:31 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:

I agree. There was only the annoying short haired mouthy girl that i wished dead from the beginning.

As i said before. I was helping push the guillotine blade down.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 24th October 2021, 11:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Anthropophagus. 1980.

A group of people arrive on a deserted island only for it not to be deserted but has a killer on it.

Joe D'Amato and George Eastman team up for this shocker of a film that landed on the video nastie list...hmmm I wonder why? This may not be for everyone but it's always on my list for this time of year, it's full of gore, things that would make a normal person feel sick, suspense and good killings and keeps me entertained.

MV5BMTU2MDk0NDU1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDY0ODgwNzE@._V1_.jpg
Old 25th October 2021, 01:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Chilling. 1989.

A cryogenic facility that holds dead bodies in frozen animation it his by a storm, the bodies defrost and turn into zombies.

Different kind of horror movie, this is like experimenting on the dead, harvesting organs, trying to find a cure for their illnesses and seemed to go in a good way, but this falls flat on its face, even having Linda Blair star in this couldn't save it. Really bland script, poor direction and just no real tense or suspense moments. One that doesn't get better the second time for me watching it.

MV5BYjU3NjNmODMtNDBjOC00ZGQxLTg4ZGItMmY4ODFmMjk4MzUxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_.jpg
Old 25th October 2021, 03:13 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Crawling Hand. 1963.

The severed hand that belonged to a astronaut who's capsule exploded in space and starts to kill people.

This has it's few moments of B movie fest, it does have it's moments of really bad acting, really ridiculous plot story but probably did inspire Dr terror's House Of Horror story "Disembodied Hand" segment and also its budget is a bit low. Aside from all that think this is one I would come back to watch as it has it's non intentional funny moments and wise crack comebacks.

Remember Eat, Drink and Be Merry.

5d05b3225701a0cdadabe8ca521155ab.jpg

Have a good day
Old 25th October 2021, 01:33 PM
Cult Master

30 days of unseen horror

Film 19

download.jpeg

Newly weds Phillip and Sheila move back from Switzerland to Florida into an old house that hasn't been lived in for many years but the house has been maintained by the loyal caretaker hoping the family that once lived there would return someday. Sheila suffers from a recurring nightmare about a house that looks the exact same as the one they have just moved into. It's not long before strange things start happening in the house and the nightmares are becoming reality but all is not what it seems.

The two main characters made this almost unwatchable honestly the husbands was constantly overly aggressive for no reason with everyone including his wife and then you have the wife in a constant state of whinging it wasn't the state of fear or having a nervous breakdown it was just pure childish whinging very hard to listen to. It was really shaping up to be a good film but these two really distracted me from what was happening. It had its moments but they were few and far between unfortunately.

4/10
Old 25th October 2021, 02:04 PM
Cult Master

30 days of unseen horror

Film 20

810vJytuo5L._RI_.jpg

In a small ocean town an old widowed lighthouse keeper who lives with his daughter constantly warns people away from the lighthouse but no one in the town has any time for the old man so no one listens to his warnings. There is an old legend in the town about a monster that lives off the point but no one believes in such a tale until two brothers are found slaughtered on the rocks. Most people believe it to be an accident but the town shop keeper seems to be the only one who thinks the legends may not be just that. But old Sturges up in the lighthouse has a very dark secret.

I found this to be pretty slow there was a lot of people just running around talking about what was going on rather than anything actually happening its almost an hour into the film before anything really interesting really happens which is really not good in a 71 minute film. When we do get to see the monster it looks cool but he didn't really get a chance to do much before he is dealt with. A few more monster scenes really would of helped even if we didn't see the monster just knowing he was there lurking and stalking but it wasn't to be.

3/10

Like this? Share it using the links below!