Love that Baphomet statue .
Thank you.

Every home should have one.
Old 15th October 2023, 12:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Picked up a second pumpkin tea light holder the other day. I was so impressed with the first. I think they look great.
I bought two myself, I need to pick up more tea lights tomorrow I only have 4 left

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 15th October 2023, 02:23 PM
Cult Master

30 Days of Unseen Horror

Day 14

download.jpeg

After a Priest is brutally murdered in France a whole string of other deaths within the church happen all across Europe. Sister Irene is asked by the churche to go and investigate theses strange deaths as she is the only one that has faced evil before and destroyed it or has she.

I wasn't a fan of the first Nun film it started out great but soon went back to the jump scares which I can't stand so I lost interest and I was pretty disappointed with the strong start it had so I didn't have much high hopes for this. Just like the first one The Nun II gets off to a strong start it has the creepy look and some great death scenes and plenty of tension but I expected that to fade just like the first film but luckily it didnt and The Nun II seemed to have learned from the mistakes of the previous entry. The jump scares were definitely a lot less and this time around they relied more of what was lurking in the shadows and sounds rather than something jumping at the screen every two seconds. Obviously with a film about nuns and the church there was plenty of religious imagery old statues stained glass windows depicting things you wouldn't normally see in a church and an old abandoned wing of the chrurch with the old creepy bell tower it all looks great and keeps that creepy atmosphere going strong.

The Nun II isn't a bad film but it isn't a great film it's definitely interesting and watchable there is a fantastic goat scene which will definitely stick with me for how fantastic it looked. There is nothing new here but it was a vast improvement on the first entry I'm sure the series will continue for better or worse only time will tell.
Old 15th October 2023, 03:21 PM
Cult Master

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 15

download (1).jpeg

A salvage ship off the coast of Ireland discovers a giant lizard creature while exploring an old wreck. Taking damage to their ship they take some life boats to a small fishing village on a small island but they are not made feel very welcome by the locals. Soon it becomes apparent that the head of the village knows of the presence of the monster but it protects his waters from outsiders coming to take the riches that lay beneath the sea. The captain of the salvage ship hatches a plan to capture the monster and take it to London and make a fortune exhibiting the monster. All seems to be going well until mammy comes back to discover her child has been taken looks like mammy is taking that long awaited weekend in London finally.

What a fun time this is start to finish it's a blast. The underwater scenes look brilliant the settling of the small fishing village looks beautiful. The monsters themselves are wonderful yeah it's obvious it's a big rubber suit but who cares it looks great emerging from the sea or when the mother is coming down the Thames with all the iconic London skyline behind her. My only complaint is something that drives me absolutely mental and that fake Irish accents there are some Irish accents but so many fake one no one here in any part of the country sounds like 1930s Boston cops on the beat on the payroll of Top Cat

This might just be my favourite monster movie I have ever seen.

Bloody English comin over here stealing our prehistoric monsters
Old 15th October 2023, 04:42 PM
Cult Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 15

Attachment 248370

Bloody English comin over here stealing our prehistoric monsters
"faith and big 'orror"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 15th October 2023, 05:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Meg 2: The Trench. 2023.

Stath returns as Jonas who seems to take on a green peace motion along with Cliff Curtis and a second father to Sophia Cai. We are introdiced to a Meg in captivity that some big hotshot thinks they can be controlled and escapes into the big ocean to join other fish....bit of Deep Blue Sea there and then you got another team blasting rocks and generally being the bad guys. This was good but not as good as the previous film, there is a few refrences to the Jaws movies being mentioned and some comical moments but something was a miss. There is great cinematography with the underwater scenes, but seems to lack any tense or suspenseful moments.

image.jpg
Old 15th October 2023, 06:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
'Salem's Lot (1979)

Having just read Stephen King's excellent novel for the first time i decided to revisit the tv mini series from director Tobe Hooper as it was in my to-watch Blu-ray pile for October.

Whilst there are some major differences to the book - The character of Barlow looks totally different to his written description for example - essentially it remains the same; An updating of the vampire story to modern times although still remaining resolutely Gothic in style.

Even at three hours in length the film is certainly truncated which helps with the pacing during the first hour. Some characters are missing altogether whilst some appear to be merged. James Mason plays the charismatic Straker with some success whilst David Soul brings lead character Ben Mears to life quite well.

The film lacks gore - unsurprising for a tv production - but remains spooky and quietly chilling to this day. The sequences with Danny Glick floating at windows to be let into bedrooms is lovely and creepy whilst Barlow is still an iconic version of the vampire even though it's clearly influenced by the Nosferatu vampire from the 1922 silent film of the same name. That Hooper fails to capture the sheer scale of the vampire infection is the only let down for me in what was an absorbing, smartly acted three hours viewing.
The new version apparently has been shelved by Warner Bros after the release date was changed and nothing has been mentioned of a new release date. Both 1979 and 2004 version were adapted as a 2 part tv series yet this new one has a running time limit of 2 hours almost, so looks like a few bits maybe missed out.
Old 15th October 2023, 08:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Cleansing Hour. 2019.

A bunch of wannabes from actors and special effects create a show about exorcisms and end up battling a real demon. Something of B grade film that I have watched about 3 times...maybe 4 now and yeah it doesn't get better with more viewings but still entertaining. The acting isn't the best and nobody will win a award but guess the actors just go with what they can. The effects are nothing new and the CGI effects are a bit of a laugh especially with the revelation of the so called demon that looks like something out of a comic book.

MV5BODNkZTRhM2YtNGZiYy00MjAyLTg2NTItNzMxMzA4N2FiMDg4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUzNzgxODE@._V1_.jpg
Old 15th October 2023, 10:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Crazies. 2010.

George Romero's 1973 film gets a re-vamp of a small town's water supply gets posioned and turns the inhabitants a bit loopy and start going homicidal on each other and those who haven't been infected.

The film wastes little time building up to the first outbreak of insanity and then chillingly portrays how the town's social fabric is obliterated at break neck speed. There is an abundance of scary moments, inventive gore, and even some very black humor. Some moments are so intensely suspenseful that time seems to practically stand still. All the cast play their parts well, including Timothy Olyphant as the town sheriff, Joe Anderson as his deputy, and Radha Mitchell as the town doctor.

The film is peppered with a number of suitably tense set-pieces, particularly one involving a pitchfork, a scene in a car wash and the ending with a bomb getting ready to be detonated while our two main leads try to bail out with the timer clocking down. This was a remake that was done right IMHO.

43e4cd4cdad8cc64b64cff4ea22cadd7cddbeff0be2ac509cb85c0a5160241cc.jpg
Old 16th October 2023, 06:35 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Crazies. 2010.

George Romero's 1973 film gets a re-vamp of a small town's water supply gets posioned and turns the inhabitants a bit loopy and start going homicidal on each other and those who haven't been infected.

The film wastes little time building up to the first outbreak of insanity and then chillingly portrays how the town's social fabric is obliterated at break neck speed. There is an abundance of scary moments, inventive gore, and even some very black humor. Some moments are so intensely suspenseful that time seems to practically stand still. All the cast play their parts well, including Timothy Olyphant as the town sheriff, Joe Anderson as his deputy, and Radha Mitchell as the town doctor.

The film is peppered with a number of suitably tense set-pieces, particularly one involving a pitchfork, a scene in a car wash and the ending with a bomb getting ready to be detonated while our two main leads try to bail out with the timer clocking down. This was a remake that was done right IMHO.

Attachment 248374
I really enjoyed this when it came out it's been a while since I last seen it must give it a rewatch after reading this.
MrBarlow likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!