Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th November 2012, 01:18 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
The Commentary from David Hess and Co on the Anchor Bay disc of Last House on the Left is erm, interesting, to say the least.
Care to elaborate? might have to give it a go if it sounds worth my time, watched the film a couple days ago..

Spinal tap had a pretty good commentary if i remember right, with the three of em keeping in character the whole time
Old 24th November 2012, 03:20 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryd View Post
Spinal tap had a pretty good commentary if i remember right, with the three of em keeping in character the whole time
That's probably my favourite commentary as it doesn't go into any information about the filming process, background to the project or anything else you'd usually find, but is completely entertaining them beginning to end, and even on the menu screen!
Old 24th November 2012, 03:43 PM
Cultist

haha oh yeah id completely forgot the menus! Gonna have to get the dvd again i reckon, must've been a good 5 or 6 years since i watched it
Old 24th November 2012, 10:12 PM
Cultist

Another outstanding commentary that comes to mind is the one Stephen Rebello did for Psycho.
Old 24th November 2012, 10:19 PM
Active Cultist

The US DVD of Serial Mom has a great commentary featuring John Waters and Kathleen Turner. In fact come to think of it any Waters commentary is worth a listen.

Sent from my Galaxy S 2 using Tapatalk 2
Old 1st December 2012, 09:36 PM
Cultist

I'd really like to recommend the video commentary for Dead Hooker In A Trunk.

Old 8th October 2013, 08:04 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatboy View Post
I was chatting to someone the other day who asked me if anyone actually listened to the commentaries on dvds...I do (should i hang me head in shame?)...

So i just wondered what peoples favourite commentary tracks are...

Some of mine are:

The Ghastly Ones / Seeds of Sin (Something Weird) with Hal Borske and Frank Henenlotter (as a Milligan fan and yes i am hanging my head in shame at that one, this commentary if just too damn funny), in fact the commentary is probably better than the movie.

I Spit on Your Grave (Elite Millenium), the Joe Bob Briggs track rather than the Zarchi, in fact almost any Joe Bob Briggs commentary is good for a laugh.

Almost any David Friedman commentary on the SWV dvds...although he often goes over the same ground, they're never boring, not to me anyway.

The Thing with John Carpenter and Kurt Russell, the stories about Brimley are priceless...

To be honest, i'm just hoping people list some that i might not have listened to that are worthwhile...

I've just read the first postal far, but had to reply to t before I forgot!

I LOVED that commentary on I Spit on Your Grave! I laughed from start to finish!

By the way, where did you get a the Ghastly Ones and idiot region free?
Old 8th October 2013, 08:12 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigZagZombie View Post
Guillermo del Toro's commentary on Eureka's release of Vampyr is also pretty informative. Anyone know if he's done commentaries for anyone else's films?
I loved this as well.you can see how much love he has for Vampyr
Old 8th October 2013, 08:45 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
The Commentary from David Hess and Co on the Anchor Bay disc of Last House on the Left is erm, interesting, to say the least.
I have that DVD, I'll have to give it a listen. I can't believe David Hess is dead
Old 8th October 2013, 10:30 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
I have that DVD, I'll have to give it a listen. I can't believe David Hess is dead
I listened to Katrine McColl's comm on the Vipco's City Of The Living dead and in it she sounded embarrashed to be part of the film never mind talking about it on the comm

I think the Ross Noble ones are funny - he takes the piss saying I'm in a little box going mad so by the end you might hear me barking like a dog

The Final Cut of Blade Runner is a good one but slightly dry

Like this? Share it using the links below!