Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree95Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th December 2012, 08:18 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I don't really see your argument here, and presume from your remark you have seen neither film especially "In A Glass Cage" which is about the abuse and murder of young boys.

Are not entirely clear its intentions of argument, and the film moves between drama and horror, for me it's a drama with touches of psychological horror than anything else, but it is still excellent.
Old 3rd January 2013, 03:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mutiny On The Buses. Had the misfortune to catch this over the festive period. A viler piece of shite I haven't seen in years. And this was acceptable fare "back in the day". Thank cthulhu for progress imo.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd January 2013, 04:03 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Mutiny On The Buses. Had the misfortune to catch this over the festive period. A viler piece of shite I haven't seen in years. And this was acceptable fare "back in the day". Thank cthulhu for progress imo.
Can't believe it. How could anyone not love On The Buses? Everyone nowadays is PC mad and afraid of offending people. Bring back Alf Garnett!
Old 4th January 2013, 06:18 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Can't believe it. How could anyone not love On The Buses? Everyone nowadays is PC mad and afraid of offending people. Bring back Alf Garnett!
Its not so much the fact its PC inverted, On the Buses is just insultingly unfunny.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 4th January 2013, 08:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Nothing wrong on the buses it just makes a change to see comedy at how it should be made light hearted etc like steptoe and son,
I cant realy say the last comedy film that made me they relie to much on swearing and adult humour (dont get me wrong nothing wrong with it) but they think because there is loads of it then that makes the film funny which it doesnt, Sometimes i think they try to hard nowadays to make a film funny that it fails because they go to daft or overboard that it actual ruins what could have been a good funny moment, I mean look at ted sorry but there was a few slight moments that made me chuckle but as a whole it just wasnt funny, That is the reason why i much prefer old comedies monty python works for loads of reason even tho its not everyone taste,
Old 4th January 2013, 10:35 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Just to butt in, there's nothing actually wrong with Political Correctness and its done a lot more good than bad.

The idea that we're "PC mad" is not true at all anyway and there are loads of examples of things which fly in its face. They're usually all unimaginative rubbish though (Frankie Boyle, Family Guy etc)
Old 4th January 2013, 10:38 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

There's also nothing wrong with On the Buses either, it's no Some Mother's Do Av Em, but it does have it's funny moments, unlike anything connected to Ricky Gervais, he's about as funny as a body cavity search from King Kong!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 4th January 2013, 10:40 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Oh god yeah, Ricky Gervais is a great example of someone not PC but he does it in a removed supposedly-ironic way to get away with it

"I'm not laughing at disabled people. My character is. It's satire!"
"Err but you're doing standup Ricky"
"Umm yeah this is my standup character. Y'know like The Pub Landlord"
"Really Ricky?"
"Umm..."
Rik likes this.
Old 7th January 2013, 11:39 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Nothing wrong on the buses it just makes a change to see comedy at how it should be made light hearted etc like steptoe and son,
I cant realy say the last comedy film that made me they relie to much on swearing and adult humour (dont get me wrong nothing wrong with it) but they think because there is loads of it then that makes the film funny which it doesnt, Sometimes i think they try to hard nowadays to make a film funny that it fails because they go to daft or overboard that it actual ruins what could have been a good funny moment, I mean look at ted sorry but there was a few slight moments that made me chuckle but as a whole it just wasnt funny, That is the reason why i much prefer old comedies monty python works for loads of reason even tho its not everyone taste,
Steptoe & Son lighthearted??? Cough each to their own.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 7th January 2013, 11:45 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Yawning here. I find NOTHING funny in old men chasing "dolly birds". Never did, never will. cough Garnett was a reaction to racism that Speight overheard in pubs btw, so that knackers that arguement.

OTB is a prime example of lazy writing really, just like the laughter holocaust that is Duty Free....bring back Rising Damp!!

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!