Like Tree620Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd February 2015, 02:58 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Maybe I should of considered my lack of review skills before starting a review thread
The more you do the better you get.

I know it's blowing my own trumpet but i think my reviews are far better now than the first ones i posted in The Gothic thread.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 2nd February 2015, 03:04 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The more you do the better you get.

I know it's blowing my own trumpet but i think my reviews are far better now than the first ones i posted in The Gothic thread.
Cheers Dem
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 25th February 2015, 07:08 PM
Cult Master

comingsoon.jpg
Old 25th February 2015, 07:14 PM
Cult Master

4184.jpg
Old 3rd March 2015, 09:28 PM
Cult Master

Murders In The Rue Morgue 1932

Set in Paris in the 1845 Dr. Mirakle played by Lugosi is travelling around Europe with a carnival where is has a side show with his pet gorilla Eric. People flock to the carnival from all over Paris to witness the" Apeman, the Beast with the Human Soul" expecting to see a wonder of nature or something a little more shocking all they get is a gorilla that speaks to Dr. Mirakle who in turn translates to the disappointed crowd. Eric tells Dr. Mirakle “I’m in the prime of my strength! … and I’m lonely.”

While the crowd move in for a closer look at Eric he takes a fancy to Camille who is attending the carnival with her boyfriend Pierre who is a medical student. While the carnival is in town the bodies of young woman keep showing up in the Sienne. Pierre has become obsessed with the study of the bodies that are being found.

There is a much more sinister side to Dr. Mirakles little innocent side show and his friend Eric. In an attempt to rid Eric of his loneliness Dr. Mirakle is kidnapping young girls and trying to mix their blood with Erics to make Eric more appealing to the young woman but when blood mixing is not the solution a much more darker and twisted step is taken to satisfy the increasing needs of Eric. Without the film going in to too much detail the look in Erics eyes tells you he does not just want to be friends with these women.

Bela Lugosi is by far the strongest point of this film he owns every scene with a very strange , creepy and often quite intimidating performance but also touching in a strange way with his strong bond with Eric and his willingness to commit unspeakable crimes to satisfy is primate friend. Murders In The Rue Morgue seems to give people mixed feeling but mainly towards the some lifeless acting from some of the supporting act and the changes between man in a gorilla suit and a real ape when showing Eric but come on this was made in 1932. The striking thing about "Murders" is the implication of such a twisting thing as beastiality along with another film of the time Island Of Lost Souls it was very brave and gave a much darker tone even if as i said its only implied.

Annex2020Lugosi20Bela20Murders20in20the20Rue20Morgue_01.jpg caligarichild3.jpg double-assassinat-dans-la-rue-morgue-murders-in-the-rue-morgue-1932-1-g.jpg mitrm2.jpg mitrm3.jpg murders rue morgue experiment.jpg MurdersInTheRueMorgue13.jpg MurdersInTheRueMorgue26.jpg murders-in-the-rue-morgue-3.jpg rue morgue eric about to go kaboom.jpg 09-bela-lugosi.jpg look9.jpg
Old 3rd March 2015, 10:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Excellent review Nordic.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 3rd March 2015, 10:07 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Excellent review Nordic.
Thanks you very much
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 5th March 2015, 04:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Good stuff!! Keep it up!!
Nordicdusk likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 5th March 2015, 05:32 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Good stuff!! Keep it up!!
Hey thanks a million.
Demoncrat likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!