Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Horror Stars & Directors
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree706Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th May 2008, 05:57 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Thats a nightmare Peter.

Do they crack down on importing films into German territory .?
They crack down hard at Northern Ireland Customs to certain films.
Old 15th May 2008, 06:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Thats a nightmare Peter.

Do they crack down on importing films into German territory .?
They crack down hard at Northern Ireland Customs to certain films.
Thanks to EU boarder/"Free Market" legislation, their hands are pretty much bound...for now: They'll certainly come up with something to "fix" the option of "Austrian imports" at some point.

Importing from the US CAN be tricky though.

At least you can't be prosecuted for simply "possesssing" banned titles any more, but if they thought you were selling or distributing them, you're in trouble.

"Astro"'s head Oliver Krekel (who got prosecuted for bringing out some banned titles on DVD and VHS in Germany) could probably tell the whole tale from the distributor's pov, but let's just say that the time for a "Shameless: Germany" is certainly still eons away...

Last edited by Peter Neal; 15th May 2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 15th May 2008, 06:40 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Same here, if you got a film seized and they came to your house, if you had a couple of dvd players and a recorder then you could be in serious trouble, especially as they could use the prevention of terrorism act to search your home and confiscate all uncertified films and your machines.
I've read in local paper of this happening to people with absolutely no connections to terrorism in anyway, its just the easy way to get to search your home.
Old 15th May 2008, 10:55 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Anyway guys,getting back to old Jess,any of you rate his Dracula?Had the dvd since release,but never got around to watching it....
Old 15th May 2008, 11:15 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I love Oasis of the Zombies.
Actually when I think about it I really like quite a few, Devil Hunter, Ilsa the Wicked Warden, Bloodymoon, Female Vampire, Sadomania , Cannibals, ach I could go on.

I'd really like to see a Shameless Bloodymoon and Female Vampire.

Havent saw his Dracula, I think HMV had it on a double bill with a Frankenstine film, was that a Franco film to.?
They were in the same yellow colourf box and cover as Shameless.
Old 16th May 2008, 02:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Havent saw his Dracula, I think HMV had it on a double bill with a Frankenstine film, was that a Franco film to.?
They were in the same yellow colourf box and cover as Shameless.
No, that's another movie. Franco actually did a loose adaption of the Stoker novel with Christopher Lee, which is supposed to be quite classy and atmospheric (though Madrid is said to be very obviously "doubling" London).
Haven't seen it myself though yet.

A last remark on my earlier post: If you have the Franco volume 1 box set from ABUK, you could listen to Erwin C. Dietrich in the documentary telling a bit about the clashes of the Franco flicks with the German FSK on their original theatrical run.

BTW:: I'm wondering how long ABUK will keep their Francos in the programme....Might be best to pick them up NOW.
Old 16th May 2008, 03:00 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Neal View Post
No, that's another movie. Franco actually did a loose adaption of the Stoker novel with Christopher Lee, which is supposed to be quite classy and atmospheric (though Madrid is said to be very obviously "doubling" London
Count Dracula which also stars Herbert Lom as Van Helsing and Klaus Kinski as Renfield (how apt). I still have the Polygram VHS somewhere and it's not a bad film at all. Extremely low key for a Franco movie.
Old 16th May 2008, 05:24 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I read that the Spanish only release of Oasias has a different actor for the British soldier who's killed at the start plus another different actor in a small part.
It also has some different scene variations with the Spanish ones being more bloody.
I didn't believe it till I saw the stills comparing the scenes and actors on another horror site and it was true.
Strange.!
Old 16th May 2008, 05:33 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Franco's back catalogue has to be one of the most tampered and varied in film history mate....
Old 16th May 2008, 07:43 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

He's made films under that many different names too, its hard to keep up.

I think i'll take Peters advice and pick up the titles I havent got outta the ABUK box sets as i've bought a few seperate as they sell they separately in HMV so i'll pick up a few more.

Like this? Share it using the links below!