LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th June 2023, 03:15 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 246837

Just ordered 30 years celebration unreleased demos studio recordings and love track.
Nordy. Do you buy every album by these bands like Incantation or do you just buy random stuff when you fancy it?

Like the Bathory you bought recently. Do you have them all or intend to get them all or was it just a purchase?
Old 26th June 2023, 03:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Back in the day i religiously bought every release (singles and albums) by Guns N' Roses, W.A.S.P., Crue, Maiden, Metallica, Skid Row, Bon Jovi, Slayer, Motorhead etc but those days are long gone as they only release things once a blue moon so it's not such a collecting thing anymore.

Are you the same now with bands or is it mainly just whatever the hell you fancy, Nordy?
Old 26th June 2023, 03:51 PM
Cult Master

I used to buy everything bands I listened to day one but then money became a big issue for a few years and I just had to no buy albums films and so on. Now I'm playing catch up trying to collect all the albums I missed out on. It also helps in record shops within Ireland get these albums because postage can be a pain and now customs so I try my best to hold out until albums are available here first. There is also a lot of stuff I'm rebuying on vinyl because the only cd player I have is in my car and even that is a discman connected through an Aux cable.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 26th June 2023, 03:55 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I used to buy everything bands I listened to day one but then money became a big issue for a few years and I just had to no buy albums films and so on. Now I'm playing catch up trying to collect all the albums I missed out on. It also helps in record shops within Ireland get these albums because postage can be a pain and now customs so I try my best to hold out until albums are available here first. There is also a lot of stuff I'm rebuying on vinyl because the only cd player I have is in my car and even that is a discman connected through an Aux cable.
Don't you listen to cd's through your Blu-ray player?

I love sitting down to listen to something via 7:1 through the amp and surround system.
Old 26th June 2023, 04:10 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Don't you listen to cd's through your Blu-ray player?

I love sitting down to listen to something via 7:1 through the amp and surround system.

No if I had surround sound then maybe I would.
Old 26th June 2023, 04:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
No if I had surround sound then maybe I would.
Do you have a sound bar? Does that not er' sound good?
Old 26th June 2023, 04:41 PM
Cult Veteran

I’d definitely recommend a sound bar over the TV speakers. My flat is too small to be setting up a full surround system so I have a 2.1 DTS sound bar and it does sound really good. It gets pretty loud as well! Can get one for £100 or less easy. Mine is a Samsung one.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 26th June 2023, 05:32 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I’d definitely recommend a sound bar over the TV speakers. My flat is too small to be setting up a full surround system so I have a 2.1 DTS sound bar and it does sound really good. It gets pretty loud as well! Can get one for £100 or less easy. Mine is a Samsung one.
You should have heard Guns N' Roses on Saturday night and Queens of the Stone Age last night.

I'm going to have to replaster the outer walls.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 26th June 2023, 05:54 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
You should have heard Guns N' Roses on Saturday night and Queens of the Stone Age last night.

I'm going to have to replaster the outer walls.
I'd love to not have immediate neighbours, i have unfortunately got to consider either side as well as above and below

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 26th June 2023, 06:10 PM
Cult Master

My Movie room is very small so surround sound or a soundbar may be a bit much . As regards CDs I just love vinyl like I love the big artwork sometimes I shit on the floor and just look at my records like when I was a kid
Graveyard likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!