Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   What Are You Listening To? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/534-what-you-listening.html)

Prince_Vajda 14th October 2012 05:58 PM

Lady Gaga - Just Dance - YouTube

Greetings!

Prince_Vajda 14th October 2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 281910)
I think that Ride the Lightning and ...And Justice For All are their best.
It's all downhill from there until Death Magnetic:rockon:

:nono:

Greetings!

ArgentoFan1987 15th October 2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 281957)
:nono:

Greetings!

:nod:

Edit: okay the black album had its moments, but from Load - st. Anger was pretty crap.

Rik 15th October 2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 282146)
:nod:

Edit: okay the black album had its moments, but from Load - st. Anger was pretty crap.

And if you watch Some Kind of Monster, you know why!

ArgentoFan1987 15th October 2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 282147)

Yep, saw it. It's like a bunch of school kids trying to make music. It's also an hour too long.

Rik 15th October 2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 282208)
Yep, saw it. It's like a bunch of school kids trying to make music. It's also an hour too long.

One of my favourite comedies ;)

Currently got Maiden on shuffle as I make my way into college for the afternoon, live version of Remember Tomorrow from 1993 at the minute

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th October 2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 282147)

When I first saw it, I was amazed at how revelatory it was and how enormous the egos were. The various band members are so larger-than-life and almost caricatures of heavy metal musicians that if you didn't know Metallica was a real band, you wouldn't be that wrong in thinking the film was a This Is Spinal Tap-type mockumentary.

Rik 15th October 2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 282223)
When I first saw it, I was amazed at how revelatory it was and how enormous the egos were. The various band members are so larger-than-life and almost caricatures of heavy metal musicians that if you didn't know Metallica was a real band, you wouldn't be that wrong in thinking the film was a This Is Spinal Tap-type mockumentary.

I feel sorry for poor old Kirk, trying to be peacekeeper all the time. And what annoys me is how they made Dave Mustaine out to be a wingeing crybaby, most of his footage was cut

ArgentoFan1987 15th October 2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 282229)
I feel sorry for poor old Kirk, trying to be peacekeeper all the time. And what annoys me is how they made Dave Mustaine out to be a wingeing crybaby, most of his footage was cut

I thought it was hilarious when Dave Mustaine talks about turning on he radio and hearing Metallica, that he feels like crying:lol:

I'm listening to Blue Record by Baroness! An album my brother bought to my attention and have since become addicted to. Took a few listens to REALLY appreciate it, now it's one of the best albums I've bought this year.

Rik 15th October 2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 282236)
I thought it was hilarious when Dave Mustaine talks about turning on he radio and hearing Metallica, that he feels like crying:lol:

I like the guy and I love Megadeth, he's had to put up with Metallica fans giving him shit for years, I bought his book in hardback for £2 from a discount book shop in Halifax, great read