Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1094Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th August 2013, 05:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Not at all dude... yeah Numan made a lot of mediocre stuff later in his career but those early long-players are still fantastic and essential. Numan absolutely did not deserve the virtual hate campaign directed at him by the English music press and I'm glad a new generation are digging him...
Also I think that because he and Depeche Mode have kept away from the whole 80s nostalgia thing and kept making music instead of living off of past glories I can forgive them for anything that might be below par.
Old 19th August 2013, 06:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondadoronron View Post
Also I think that because he and Depeche Mode have kept away from the whole 80s nostalgia thing and kept making music instead of living off of past glories I can forgive them for anything that might be below par.
Yep, same here... I'm going to see DM in November so I'm trying to catch up with recent stuff. Music for the Masses for me is one of the greatest records ever made by anyone...
Old 19th August 2013, 06:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans

This probably get me kicked off this thread for bringing in the Thin White Duke,but hey Trents in the video,But surely no Bowie,no new romatics no synpop,so that makes him the Grandad of Synthpop.

Quote:
"I'm Afraid of Americans" is a song and single by David Bowie from the 1997 album Earthling. The song, co-written by Bowie and Brian Eno, was originally written during Bowie's studio sessions for the 1995 album Outside
Old 19th August 2013, 06:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Massive Bowie fan here dude, so you keep posting anything Bowie related and I'll keep liking it. Yeah, some great grungy electronics on the Outside album... Here's one of my favourite cuts of that album:

I Am With Name....

Jeez, slotting these youtube links into posts is real hit and miss for me lately

Last edited by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs; 20th August 2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old 20th August 2013, 12:07 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Great to see some activity in this thread, plus there are some nice songs being posted.

Wes, I fixed your Youtube link - for some reason YT URLs often start with https instead of the standard http, so in cases like this just remove the 's' and the link should embed fine.
Wes and Rondadoronron like this.
Old 20th August 2013, 04:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Skinny Puppy - "Pro-Test"

Skinny Puppy - "Pro-Test"
Im expanding my horizons and checking out a few bands that have mentioned here.Im not a complete Skinny Puppy virgin,but have not listened to them for ages,I thought Id start gently with "Pro-Test",mainly because I luv the video.
Ive also been listening to The Greater Wrong Of The Right,Im no music critic but all ill say is that I liked it alot.

Old 20th August 2013, 04:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Kraftwerk - The Robots

Kraftwerk - The Robots

Back in my comfort zone with the Teutonic robots,as much as I luv them I do wonder If musically you could get the same effect by letting a little kitten run up and down a synth keyboard.

Old 20th August 2013, 05:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Some really great songs being posted here. I'm not sure why I haven't participated yet.

While we're on the subject of Gary Numan. I love this dream-like song. Robert Palmer's cover is pretty good as well.

Old 20th August 2013, 06:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

San Francisco's Minimal Man, with a gorgeous electronic tip of the hat to Tim Buckley's Song to the Siren. From 1985's Sex With God album

Old 20th August 2013, 07:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Okay, one more and then I'll hand it over to the floor.... Wire's sleek electro Ahead II, from 1987's Ideal Copy. Nicolas Winding Refn should have used this in Drive...

Like this? Share it using the links below!