Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

J Harker 12th May 2023 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 685717)
£11.43 per movie doesn't sound too bad...

I would have liked a book though if this is supposed to be an LE?

Psychological I suppose. Individual releases I'd tell you yes, £11.43 a film isn't bad at all. But my old fart brain sees a boxset as a multi-buy deal. I should be getting each film for less.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th May 2023 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 685717)
£11.43 per movie doesn't sound too bad...

I would have liked a book though if this is supposed to be an LE?

Problem is for me that Die Screaming Marianne is shite.

Still £13.30 isn't excessive for six films.

Rob4 13th May 2023 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 685722)
Problem is for me that Die Screaming Marianne is shite.

Still £13.30 isn't excessive for six films.

Agreed, but I'm pretty sure I'd watch Susan George's go-go dance from time to time ;)

MrBarlow 16th May 2023 05:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)

£24.99

RELEASED 19/06/2023

THIS ITEM IS AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY, AND THAT THE ITEM WILL BE DISPATCHED JUST BEFORE THE LISTED RELEASE DATE.

SHOULD YOU ORDER ANY OF THE ALREADY RELEASED ITEMS FROM OUR CATALOGUE AT THE SAME TIME AS THIS PRE-ORDER ITEM, PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PURCHASES WILL ALL BE SHIPPED TOGETHER WHEN THIS PRE-ORDER ITEM BECOMES AVAILABLE.

PLEASE PLACE A SEPARATE ORDER FOR PRE-ORDERS IF YOU WISH TO HAVE IN-STOCK ITEMS SHIPPED SOONER.

When they arrive to spend the weekend in a large country villa, the guests are expecting a chance to unwind and make merry. Unfortunately, their host has neglected to mention that there are zombies in the basement. They're feeling peckish too...

Boasting icky effects from Gino De Rossi (who arranged atrocities for Zombie Flesh Eaters), Burial Ground is a head-bashing, gut-muching, maggot infested classic from the gory glory days. 88 Films are proud to present this emetic extravaganza in a brand new – and completely uncut – 4K transfer.

Limited Edition contents

Limited Edition Slipcase with artwork by Graham Humphreys
A3 fold-out poster with artwork by Graham Humphreys and Original Italian Poster Artwork
Booklet notes with new writing on the film by Francesco Massaccesi and Daniel Burnett
2 Disc Set
UHD contents

4K Restoration From the Best Surviving Element (35mm Blow-up Interpositive)
4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray™ presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
2.0 English Mono
2.0 Italian Mono with English Subtitles
Audio Commentary with Critics Nathaniel Thompson, Troy Howarth and Eugenio Ercolani
[Archive] Audio Commentary with Italian Cinema Experts Calum Waddell and John Martin
Blu-ray contents

4K Restoration From the Best Surviving Element (35mm Blow-up Interpositive)
HD (1080p) Blu-ray™ presentation
2.0 English Mono
Audio Commentary with Critics Nathaniel Thompson, Troy Howarth and Eugenio Ercolani
[Archive] Audio Commentary with Italian Cinema Experts Calum Waddell and John Martin
Return to the Burial Ground - An Interview with Peter Bark at Villa Parisi
The Borders of the Extreme - An Interview with Eugenio Ercolani
Zombie and Melodies - An Interview with Pierpaolo De Sanctis
'What the ****?: The Films of Andrea Bianchi' An Interview with critic Mikel Koven
35mm Blowup Print “Grindhouse Version”
Deleted Scenes / Trims
Trailer
Italian Credits Sequence

TECHNICAL SPECS

Release Date: 19/06/23
Region Code: ABC
Audio: LPCM Mono
Picture: 2160p UHD / 1080p HD 1.66:1
Runtime: 85 mins approx.
Language: English / Italian
Subtitles: English

MrBarlow 16th May 2023 06:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tentacles - The Italian Collection 77

£15.99

RELEASED 12/06/2023

THIS ITEM IS AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY, AND THAT THE ITEM WILL BE DISPATCHED JUST BEFORE THE LISTED RELEASE DATE.

SHOULD YOU ORDER ANY OF THE ALREADY RELEASED ITEMS FROM OUR CATALOGUE AT THE SAME TIME AS THIS PRE-ORDER ITEM, PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PURCHASES WILL ALL BE SHIPPED TOGETHER WHEN THIS PRE-ORDER ITEM BECOMES AVAILABLE.

PLEASE PLACE A SEPARATE ORDER FOR PRE-ORDERS IF YOU WISH TO HAVE IN-STOCK ITEMS SHIPPED SOONER.

Something's happening at the once quiet coastal town of Solana Beach. Boats are being destroyed and people are going missing. Veteran newsman Ned Turner (John Huston, celebrated director of Escape to Victory and Annie) thinks it's connected with the construction of an undersea tunnel. Something has been disturbed, something that's out for blood but no-one realises just how dangerous it is: there are worse things in the sea than sharks...

With a cast of Hollywood legends like Henry Fonda (Once Upon A Time in the West), Shelley Winters (Night of the Hunter), Claude Akins (Rio Bravo) and Bo Hopkins (The Wild Bunch), Tentacles is a classic seventies monster movie, blending ecological ruminations with sudden shocks. 88 Films are proud to present this magnificent maritime monstrosity in this beautiful new blu-ray edition. 

SPECIAL FEATURES

Limited Edition Slipcase and Poster with art by Graham Humphreys
High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray™ presentation
2.0 English Stereo
Audio Commentary with Italian Cinema Experts Troy Howarth, Nathaniel Thompson and Eugenio Ercolani
An Italian Irwin Allen - An Interview with Ovidio G. Assonitis
Barrett and Hellman - An Interview with Roberto D’Ettorre Piazzoli
From Rome to California - An Interview with Nicoletta Ercole
From the Crypt - An Interview with Luigi Cozzi
Passeriland - An Interview with Alvaro Passeri
US Version Opening and Closing Titles
Theatrical Trailer
Stills Gallery
Reversible Cover Art

TECHNICAL SPECS

Release Date: 3/4/2023
Region Code: ABC
Audio: DTS-HD MA 2.0
Picture: HD 1080p 2.35:1
Runtime: 102 mins approx
Language: English / Italian
Subtitles: English
Cert: 12
Year of Release: 1977

MrBarlow 16th May 2023 06:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)

£16.99

RELEASED 29/05/2023

From Andrew Davis, the director of The Fugitive, The Package and Under Siege, comes this riveting, turbo-charged crime thriller starring action legend Chuck Norris (Good Guys Wear Black, Invasion U.S.A.) in what most critics and fans consider to be his best film. Exploding with heart-stopping chases and lethal martial arts confrontations, it's a daring and suspenseful adventure that pits an honest cop against two vicious crime lords and his own department.

Eddie Cusack (Norris) is a Chicago detective who plays by his own rules - a dangerous habit, especially when he breaks the "code of silence" to blow the lid off a deadly police cover-up. Now an outcast, he receives little help from his embittered fellow officers when he's hurled into a blistering battle against rival drug kingpins. But Cusack is a one-man army, waging war on the criminals with his razor-sharp wits, lightning-fast karate moves and a remote-controlled, rocket-equipped tank!

SPECIAL FEATURES
Silverboard Gloss Finish O-ring (First Pressing Only)
A3 Fold out Poster (First Pressing Only)
Picture Booklet (First Pressing Only)
High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray™ presentation in 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
Lossless 2.0 English Mono
Optional English Subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
Audio Commentary with Critics Kim Newman and Barry Forshaw
Action Direction - Director Andy Davis on Code of Silence
The Sound of Silence - Composer David Michael Frank on Code of Silence
Theatrical Trailer
Stills Gallery

TECHNICAL SPECS
Release Date: 29th May 2023
Region Code: B
Picture Format: HD 1080p
Audio Format: 2.0
Language: English
Subtitles: SDH
Certification: 18
Running Time: 100
Discs: 1

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th May 2023 06:26 PM

That Tentacles artwork, to put it bluntly, is crap!

Justin101 16th May 2023 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 685984)
That Tentacles artwork, to put it bluntly, is crap!

Looks like an Arrow Video cover from 15 years ago :D :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th May 2023 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 685987)
Looks like an Arrow Video cover from 15 years ago :D :lol:

On first glance those little white yachts just look like teeth to me.

It better have reversible art and not just the same art without logos.

It's the worst thing GH has put his name to.

Justin101 16th May 2023 06:50 PM

I thought it was teeth too :lol:

peter alex 23rd May 2023 02:50 PM

general 4k

88 films are releasing the witchfinder general in 4k UHD according to someone on blu-ray.com

Justin101 23rd May 2023 03:52 PM

They posted on social media a photo of all the film reel cans saying coming soon in UHD. It’ll be a nice one to have but I haven’t watched the Blu-ray that I bought years ago yet it’s still in my watch pile!

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd May 2023 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 686337)
They posted on social media a photo of all the film reel cans saying coming soon in UHD. It’ll be a nice one to have but I haven’t watched the Blu-ray that I bought years ago yet it’s still in my watch pile!

The Blu-ray looks gorgeous. No need to upgrade if you already have it unless it's a genuine favourite.

nicholasrope 25th May 2023 11:06 AM

When's Untold Story out, HMV has it 29th May, Amazon 3rd July, not on 88 Films website.

Susan Foreman 10th June 2023 06:46 AM

Breakdown of the contents of the 'Pete Walker Sexploitation Collection'

DISC ONE:
For Men Only
Select Scenes From the Continental Version (3:29)
Continental Version Trailer (2:25)

DISC TWO:
School for Sex - Continental Version (101:42)
School for Sex - British Version (81:06)
School for Sex - 8mm Cut-Down Version (16:08)
"Bad Education - Making School for Sex" 2023 interview with director Pete Walker (7:25)
"Francoise Pascal - Skool's Out" 2023 interview with actress Francoise Pascal (12:29)
"Tricky Treats" 1961 8mm Pete Walker Short (4:38)
Theatrical Trailer (2:59)

DISC THREE:
Cool It, Carol!
Audio Commentary by critics Kim Newman and Sean Hogan (2023)
"When Robin Met Janet" 2023 interview with director Pete Walker (7:59)
"Jess Conrad - The Playboy" 2023 interview with actor Jess Conrad (10:33)
"Step to Drama" archival interview with director Pete Walker (21:36)
"Cool Operator" 2023 interview with cinematographer Peter Sinclair (4:23)
"Cutting It" 2023 interview with first assistant editor Glenn Hyde (16:51)
Theatrical Trailer (3:15)

DISC FOUR:
Home Before Midnight
"Michael Armstrong - The Midnight Man" 2023 interview with screenwriter Michael Armstron (12:26)
"Pete Walker's A Star is Dead: Sex Pistols '77" 2023 interview with director Pete Walker (6:53)
"Working For Walker" 2023 interview with actress Juliet Harmer (50:03)
Theatrical Trailer (2:01)

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th June 2023 12:31 PM

I wonder why they've put Charlie Chan on the cover art?

Justin101 10th June 2023 12:47 PM

An older gentleman in HMV was trying to have a good look at this box set without drawing attention to himself this morning. He failed I clocked him and grabbed something off the shelf haha.

BW Haggar 10th June 2023 01:18 PM

Not terribly interested in watching the films on this set again, but the extras sound great.

It's especially nice that Walker himself is still doing interviews; he must really be getting on a bit by now, so heartening to know he's (hopefully) doing alright.

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th June 2023 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 687006)
An older gentleman in HMV was trying to have a good look at this box set without drawing attention to himself this morning. He failed I clocked him and grabbed something off the shelf haha.

An interesting observation.

I wouldn't think like that. To me it's a Pete Walker set of films.

I can see that to others they are smut, brown paper bag, top shelf stuff. But until you mentioned it , the thought never crossed my mind.

Justin101 10th June 2023 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 687009)
An interesting observation.

I wouldn't think like that. To me it's a Pete Walker set of films.

I can see that to others they are smut, brown paper bag, top shelf stuff. But until you mentioned it , the thought never crossed my mind.

Same, I know that the contents are tame, even though it says sexploitation on the front, but I guess the older generation are perhaps still a bit more reserved at least in public.

MrBarlow 13th June 2023 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 682559)
'Zombi Holocaust' (1980) - 4K UHD / Blu-ray combo pre-order available from Amazon UK - £25:00

Release date: June 26

Also available as a stand-alone Blu-Ray release - £17:00

Received a email, the release date has been changed to September 28th now

peter alex 16th June 2023 12:13 AM

more to come

i was on a website called normanic which says they are re-releasing dragon fist and to kill with intrigue they are also meant to releasing the magic crystal by wong jing but the website i was on does' not say when they are releasing them they just say they have licensed them for a future release.

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd June 2023 12:41 PM

Extras:

High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray™ presentation in 2.39:1 Aspect Ratio
5.1 English DTS-HD MA

Optional English SDH

Audio Commentary with Sean Hogan and Barry Forshaw

Would You Like to Dance - An Interview with Composer Bill Conti

You Like The Chase - Filming The Thomas Crown Affair

The Making of a Masterpiece - Making Of Documentary

Theatrical Trailer

Stills Gallery

Nice artwork as well.

Where's McTiernan's commentary and the Windmills of Your Mind music video? :rolleyes:

It's still a film i really like ever since i saw it at the cinema so will be grabbing a copy.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd June 2023 04:27 PM

I'll also buy that because The Thomas Crown Affair is a film I've liked and appreciated since, like you, I saw it at the cinema. I'll be keeping my R1 DVD for John McTiernan's commentary and buying this for the HD picture and sound, and the extras that aren't on the DVD.

will graham 22nd June 2023 04:56 PM

Of all dvd companies 88 have the best cover artwork. Really need to look up the artists.
I mean the anaconda and Carrie 2 art were much better then the original!

Shame about no new input from John mcterrian. I don't know what's going on since he got out, he did an interview for total film and director an ad for a video game but thats it.
I know the major studios aren't lineing up to work with him anymore but tbh it was that way before the scandal (his would have been projects were set up with nuimage/millennium, arclight and the very dodgy bauer martinez studios).
I know he had a couple of films set up with hannibal pictures but he had some falling out with them.
Otherwise heard nothing other then he was desperate for cash to keep hold of his property/ranch.
Thought if he was thay desperate he might have agreed to an interview on the film.

Susan Foreman 13th July 2023 04:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 684703)
From FB:

"Hi everyone, sorry for for the lack of "official" reaction to the complaints about our Hell of the Living Dead BD/UHD release.

We have taken them seriously although it has taken time to work out the best way to address them, but we have been busily getting them addressed and yesterday we viewed a new Dolby Vision HDR regraded version with the English audio synch tidied up and its definitely much better now.

So, we are going to go ahead and reprint these discs with the revised master and implement a replacement programme. We haven't worked out the best way to do this yet bit will obviously let you know once we have the discs in hand in (could still be a few months due to compression, authoring. check disc approval, printing etc).#

If you have bought this from us directly (or do buy it from us until the new versions are in ) we will figure out a way to send these to you automatically so you wont need to contact us.

Please don't contact us yet with proof of purchase etc as we are not
setup to take these details down yet.

Thanks for your patience and honestly we do listen and want to do them best we can, sorry this one has had to take a second go at to get right.

n.b. We are also planning to do the same with House on the Edge of the Park but that one is quite a bit more involved to get the framing perfect as we'll need to start from scratch basically and it will take a while.)"

Susan Foreman 13th July 2023 04:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by will graham (Post 681567)
Picture of witchfinder general on site

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter alex (Post 686334)
88 films are releasing the witchfinder general in 4k UHD according to someone on blu-ray.com

"Coming as soon as we can get it ready....."

Susan Foreman 18th August 2023 06:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
'The Medallion' (2003) - Blu-Ray coming soon from 88Films

Release date: October 23

"After high-kicking Hong Kong cop Eddie Yang (Jackie Chan, ‘Rush Hour’) dies in the line of duty, he finds himself reanimated by an ancient mystic talisman, now with superpowers at his disposal! His return stuns his former girlfriend Nicole James (Claire Forlani, ‘Meet Joe Black’) and partner Arthur Watson (Lee Evans, ‘There’s Something About Mary’). The trio must rejoin forces to take on a similarly supernaturally enhanced villain, Snakehead (Julian Sands, ‘Warlock’) and his right-hand man Calvin (Scott Adkins, ‘John Wick 4’).

Shot in English in the UK by director Gordon Chan (‘Fist of Legend’) and choreographer Sammo Hung (‘Ip Man’), ‘The Medallion’ delivers a whole new kind of magic to a Jackie Chan action epic!"

Extras TBA

NOTE: This title will only be available for <1yr due to licensing restrictions so this will come and go in the blink of an eye]

peter alex 18th August 2023 07:14 PM

yes and all the films that they are releasing it as to be the medallion which is a awful movie it's worse than the Chinese zodiac which is just bad but at least they are releasing three other films that are far far better than this film.

Susan Foreman 19th August 2023 06:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
'Battle Creek Brawl' (1980) - Deluxe Collector's Edition Blu-Ray pre-order available from 88Films direct - £24:00

Release date: October 9

"It's 1930s Chicago, and a young Chinese American martial arts expert Jerry Kwan (Jackie Chan) finds himself forced to compete in a no-holds-barred toughest man tournament. Only his cantankerous uncle (Mako, ‘Conan the Destroyer’) can prepare Jerry to fight and win against the mountainous Billy Kiss (H.B. Heggarty, ‘Paint Your Wagon’). Chan brings his kung fu comedy to the jazz era, backed by a real Hollywood cast including Oscar winner Jose Ferrer (‘Dune’) and Lenny Montana from ‘The Godfather’. ‘Enter the Dragon’ director Robert Clouse delivers a fun fight fest that has become a bona fide fan favourite!"

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
  • Rigid Slipcase featuring brand-new artwork by Kung Fu Bob O’Brien
  • Six double-sided collector’s lobby card reproductions
  • Fold-out double-sided poster featuring ‘The Big Brawl’ art
  • Limited edition 80-page perfect bound book including Searching for a Big Break in The Big Brawl by Paul Bramhall, Battle Creek Brawlers by Brian Burkart and Coming to America, round one by Andrew Heskins PLUS selected archival
  • imagery, posters, promo stills and more!

SPECIAL FEATURES AND SPECS
  • Brand new 2K Remaster from the Original Negatives
  • Presented in High Definition (1080p) on Blu-ray in 2.39:1 Aspect Ratio
  • English Mono
  • Optional English SDH
  • Audio Commentary with Kim Newman and Barry Forshaw
  • Audio Commentary with Frank Djeng and FJ DeSanto
  • Archive Interview with Jackie Chan
  • Interview with Producer Raymond Chow
  • Rumble in the USA, Jackie Chan Takes on America
  • Battle Hardened - David West on Battle Creek Brawl
  • Stills Gallery
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • USA The Big Brawl Trailer
  • Reversible Sleeve
  • Region Code: B
  • Picture Format: HD 1080p 2.39:1
  • Audio Format: LPCM Dual Mono
  • Language: English
  • Subtitles: English
  • Certification: 15
  • Running Time: 96 Mins Approx

Susan Foreman 19th August 2023 07:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
'Iron Warrior' (1987) - Blu-Ray pre-order available from 88Films direct - £16:99

"Miles O'Keeffe (Tarzan The Ape Man, Sword Of The Valiant, The Lone Runner, Blade Master) returns as Ator in this thrilling adventure where he teams up with the beautiful Savina Gershak (Beyond The Door III, Curse II: The Bite, The Lone Runner) to fight with an evil sorceress and the deadly swordmaster."

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Limited Edition Slipcase and Poster with art by Daniel Ibanez
  • Limited Edition booklet notes by Barry Forshaw
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation in 1.66:1 Aspect Ratio
  • 2.0 English Stereo
  • 2.0 Italian Mono with English Subtitles
  • Audio Commentary with Eugenio Ercolani and Nanni Briti
  • ‘The Directing Producer’ - An Interview with Ovidio Assonitis
  • ‘Framing the Warrior’ - An Interview with Adolfo Bartoli
  • ‘Ovidio’s Henchman’ - An interview with Maurizio Maggi
  • Original Trailer
  • Reversible Sleeve featuring original poster artwork
  • Audio: DTS-HD MA 2.0
  • Picture: HD 1080p 1.66:1
  • Runtime: 88 mins approx
  • Language: English / Italian
  • Cert: 15
  • Year of Release: 1987

Susan Foreman 19th August 2023 07:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
'Magic Crystal' (1986) - Blu-Ray pre-order available from 88Films direct - £19:99

"A high-kicking Hong Kong soldier-of-fortune (Andy Lau, ‘Infernal Affairs’) finds himself on the trail of an alien artefact and forced to contend with both an intrepid lady FBI agent (Cynthia Rothtrock, ‘China O’Brien’) and a Russian crime lord (Richard Norton, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’).

The feet and fists fly fast and funky on sunny Greek locations, on Hong Kong’s mean streets and amid the ruins of an ancient UFO. Populist Hong Kong film-maker Wong Jing (‘City Hunter’) remixes ‘ET’ into a wacky comedy caper that delivers some of the best traditional kung fu fighting ever performed in a modern setting."

SPECIAL FEATURES AND SPECS:
  • Double Walled Matt Finish O-Ring featuring new artwork by Sean Longmore
  • Double-sided foldout poster
  • Brand New 2K Restoration in 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio from The Original Negatives
  • High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray™ presentation
  • Original Cantonese Mono with Newly Translated English Subtitles
  • English Mono Dub
  • Audio Commentary by Hong Kong Film Expert Frank Djeng
  • “Fight Like a Girl” - Cynthia Rothrock on Magic Crystal
  • “Fast as Lightning” - Richard Norton on Magic Crystal
  • English Trailer
  • Reversible cover with new artwork by Sean Longmore and original HK Poster Art
  • Picture Format: HD 1080p 1.85:1
  • Audio Format: 2.0
  • Language: Cantonese / English
  • Certification: 15
  • Running Time: 95 Mins
  • Discs: 1

Susan Foreman 19th August 2023 07:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
'The Inspector Wears Skirts' (1988) - Blu-Ray pre-order available from Amazon UK - £17:00

Release date: December 4

"A team of high-kicking female super cops prove themselves a match for any man alive as they tackle foes from terrorists to jewel thieves. Action icon Jackie Chan put together a supreme team of lethal ladies including Shaw Brothers icon Wai Yin-hung (‘My Young Auntie’) and American martial arts star Cynthia Rothrock (‘China O’Brien’). The action scenes for these beauties on the beat are delivered by Jackie’s own stunt team, who also co-star in the film.

‘Inspector Wears Skirts’ blends slapstick comedy with high impact action to deliver more fun than should be lawful!"

Special features TBA

Susan Foreman 19th August 2023 07:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
'The Blue Jean Monster' (1991) - Blu-Ray pre-order available from Amazon UK - £17:00

Release date: December 4

"After a brave Hong Kong lawman is killed in a shootout, his body is reanimated by a Frankenstein style bolt of lightning. Provided he gets ‘Crank’-style regular jolts of electricity, he continues to fight crime as an invulnerable zombie cop… Perennial Cantonese movie tough guy Shing Fui-on (‘The Killer’) gets a lead of his own in this Hong Kong version of ‘Dead Heat’, with a supporting cast including Gloria Yip (‘The Story of Ricky’) and Pauline Wong (‘Mr. Vampire’).

‘The Blue Jean Monster’ blends gross out horror, comedy and action in a unique Hong Kong take on the cinematic undead!"

Special Features:
  • 2K Remaster from the Original Negatives presented in High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray in 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
  • Original Cantonese Mono with English Subtitles
  • Man Made Monster - An Interview with Assistant Director Sam Leong
  • Original Hong Kong Trailer
  • Reversible sleeve with newly commissioned artwork by James Neal and Original HK poster

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th August 2023 10:39 AM

88 Films are keeping my costs down in the final quarter. I do fancy Iron Warrior though.

nicholasrope 19th August 2023 11:56 AM

Is Magic Cop a Sequel or can it be watched as a standalone film?

will graham 19th August 2023 04:42 PM

Yeah disappointing line up although they have said that's not nessicary all their 4th quarter line up, just the ones they can confirm for sure will be released this year.
But yeah not enough variety and too many rereleases.

BW Haggar 19th August 2023 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholasrope (Post 689535)
Is Magic Cop a Sequel or can it be watched as a standalone film?

As far as I'm aware, 'Magic Cop' has no direct connection to any other films, so you're safe on that score.

I also remember it being loads of fun, although it's been a few years.

nicholasrope 20th August 2023 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BW Haggar (Post 689544)
As far as I'm aware, 'Magic Cop' has no direct connection to any other films, so you're safe on that score.

I also remember it being loads of fun, although it's been a few years.

Thank you

Susan Foreman 25th August 2023 09:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
88Films have updated their cover picture on FB

People are suggesting it's 'Blood On Satan's Claw', 'Opera', 'Damien: Omen 2' or 'The Crow' / 'The Crow: City Of Angels'