Like Tree3575Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st November 2011, 06:46 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Seriously?
It went oop a long time ago but still seemed to be available everywhere last time I checked...I wonder what's the availability of the other titles that went oop around that time?

This list needs to be updated btw...
CODE RED DVD - Out of Print
I slept on it and it literally seemed to go up overnight to stupid amounts a few months ago. Basically, what seems to be happening with Code Red is that as soon as something goes OOP, sellers who have stock left just throw their prices up to an arbitrary amount that has no relation to demand, hoping they'll catch someone who really wants it that bad to pay $60+ for it.

Look at that used copy of NOTD. £45??? It's still available but some idiot thinks that's what it's worth if it was OOP. There are much rarer discs than some of these that don't fetch anywhere near that in the real world.
Old 21st November 2011, 06:57 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Same thing happens with all oop titles.
There are also sellers who "invest" in soon to be oop titles.

That's why I always try to get everything I want before it's oop or...If I notice something will be oop soon,I try to get it asap.
I've learned from my past mistakes...
Old 21st November 2011, 06:58 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

..... and the fact you own the company.
Old 21st November 2011, 09:18 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-T-C Tim View Post
I feel that offering 1000 pressed discs as limited editions, perhaps with some extra features will get fast sales, then offering the release as VOD DVD-R means that fans do not miss out just because they did not move fast enough and he continues to make money on the discs.
Bill asked me post this reply Tim.

"code red IS 1,000 pressed limited disc since I do not sell more than 600 - 800 of these titles." (Bill/CR)
Old 22nd November 2011, 01:47 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
If you like horror films even remotely you should definately check out messiah of evil.
I think you can safely say I like horror films and if I get the chance I will try to check out Messiah of Evil.
keirarts likes this.
Old 22nd November 2011, 02:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Killer Likes Candy

Directed by Federico Chentrens, Maurice Cloche.

An agent working for the CIA is assigned to protect a foreign diplomat on his visit to Rome, a fairly straightforward task it would seem until an assassin strikes.

An interesting and entertaining fast paced Eurospy film, The Killer Likes Candy from its title sounds like a giallo but it couldn't be further from the truth. The title refers to a professional hitman who has a penchant for boiled sweets and leaves an empty sweet wrapper at every crime scene as a calling card. As the film moves along it increasingly becomes an intriguing game of cat and mouse between the agent and the hitman.

The release has come under fire from some reviewers due to its poor AV quality. While the film is indeed a pan and scanned 4:3 release it is certainly watchable, although i should point out that people who look for flaws on BD's probably should leave the room now. The picture is soft in places and faded in others but this didn't detract from what is a good film. I saw no evidence of "combing" that other reviewers have mentioned either. (I watched the film on a 42" LCD tv).

The soundtrack, which again has come in for critiscm, was for me excellent. Voices were extremely clear and the music had a nice clarity to it. The audio quality was as good as any sixties Italian film i have seen recently, if not better.

At around the £7 delivered price, i would certainly recommend The Killer Likes Candy to all who like films such as Day of the Jackal. Not forgetting i actually bought the disc for the Barbara Bouchet film Stoney, (which incidentally looks gorgeous) The Killer Likes Candy was an unexpected bonus.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg k4.jpg (14.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg k2.jpg (15.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg k6.jpg (9.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg k5.jpg (11.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg k1.jpg (6.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 22nd November 2011, 08:31 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
I slept on it and it literally seemed to go up overnight to stupid amounts a few months ago. Basically, what seems to be happening with Code Red is that as soon as something goes OOP, sellers who have stock left just throw their prices up to an arbitrary amount that has no relation to demand, hoping they'll catch someone who really wants it that bad to pay $60+ for it.

Look at that used copy of NOTD. £45??? It's still available but some idiot thinks that's what it's worth if it was OOP. There are much rarer discs than some of these that don't fetch anywhere near that in the real world.
£45 is such a pittance to pay when you're talking cinematic brilliance of this calibre Blob!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 22nd November 2011, 09:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
£45 is such a pittance to pay when you're talking cinematic brilliance of this calibre Blob!
I understood it was a bit,... whats the word?,... shit.
Old 22nd November 2011, 10:04 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I understood it was a bit,... whats the word?,... shit.
Brave man,Dem.
Old 22nd November 2011, 10:05 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Brave man,Dem.
I still bought it though.

Like this? Share it using the links below!