Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd July 2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 498322)
Yes - it's down to £161.16

Actually, that's more expensive than one limited to 500 copies from Shock and Gore. Amazon pricing is weird.

J Harker 23rd July 2016 10:08 AM

I do want it. In fact the collector in me really wants the Box of Gore version but i really can't justify spending that much on a single boxset. Even one with so much content. Perhaps if i was a big fan of the films.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd July 2016 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 498329)
I do want it. In fact the collector in me really wants the Box of Gore version but i really can't justify spending that much on a single boxset. Even one with so much content. Perhaps if i was a big fan of the films.

I'm the same. I do like HG Lewis, but not that much.

J Harker 23rd July 2016 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 498335)
I'm the same. I do like HG Lewis, but not that much.

Thing is even if the amazon set hits say £80 I'll still begrudge settling for it over the bells and whistles job. [emoji38]

Susan Foreman 23rd July 2016 10:40 AM

I'm sure that even as we speak, people are buying multiple copies of these sets so they can leave them unopened and fleece the rest of us on 'E-Bay' at a later date - cf 4K Deep Red box set, Videodrome boxset, Zombie Flesheaters steelbox, Hellgate, Hell Comes To Frogtown etc

Deadite 23rd July 2016 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 498339)
I'm sure that even as we speak, people are buying multiple copies of these sets so they can leave them unopened and fleece the rest of us on 'E-Bay' at a later date - cf 4K Deep Red box set, Videodrome boxset, Zombie Flesheaters steelbox, Hellgate, Hell Comes To Frogtown etc

Yeah, it's got 'gouger' written all over it.

Not a big fan of these massive box sets at stupid prices. I'm umming and arring over the Edgar Wallace Anthology by Network and that's £40!

On the plus side i have a birthday next week so i've been asking for Amazon gift cards. Might have £50-75 as a bonus budget for August - not wasting it on this set though.

DayzeUK 23rd July 2016 12:07 PM

UK version has only 227 left and when i click on the US version it says unavailable.

J Harker 23rd July 2016 12:21 PM

Get a load of this
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...512147&alt=web

Susan Foreman 23rd July 2016 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 498348)

It's got a good description:

"You are bidding on the new Arrow Films Super Limited blu-ray and DVD box set of some of Herschell Gordon Lewis' films. Let's be honest, they're mostly piss-poor, but these films have lots of gore if that's your kind of thing, and encompass all kinds of genres such as gore epics, comic gore, and action gore. Sure to become a real collectors item for all you scalpers, sorry I mean collectors, out there.

This was released in a Limited Edition of 50 units in both the UK and the USA (give or take a few thousand).

The box contains most of his classics including The Feast of Blood, 2,001 Maniacs and The Gruesome She-Devils on Wheels. It also comes with a little book, a slightly bigger book, a really old 7" vinyl record, some postcards, and a real human eyeball, severed leg and freshly severed female tongue (package will be securely plastic wrapped so as not to leak blood).

I don't have the item in hand, but once it is released in a few months, I might decide to sell it. Not sure. So bid away, you never know.

Happy bidding!

P.S. Unfortunately, I can only ship this package out to addresses in England, as I don't like the Scottish, Welsh or Irish, and am too tight/lazy to post abroad."

Why do I think alcohol is involved?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th July 2016 06:37 AM

Tosser!